• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

á´…eparted

passages
Jeeze this thread has devolved into a giant pile of silly.

I think another point is that it is difficult for people to be themselves completely when they have a label attached to themawlves. In parricular if they feel compelled to validate it for whatever reason.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

He forgot the heavy breathing.

118353339carre.gif

:laugh:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jeeze this thread has devolved into a giant pile of silly.

I think another point is that it is difficult for people to be themselves completely when they have a label attached to themawlves. In parricular if they feel compelled to validate it for whatever reason.

I think because people have a certain type of expectation associated to a label.

maybetmp

MBTI Type
iNtP
It probably has a lot to do with the environment of these forums. I've observed casually that many people who haven't been exposed to MBTI forums inclusiveOR have read deeper into typology tend to be more S. I could speculate and say that it could partially be due to Ss being less inclined to join forums about a very "theoretical" concept, or Ss (and Es to some extent) supposed tendencies to not look too deeply into things, which could explain the unusual frequency of introverted Ns on these forums, but I'm not too comfortable with accepting that as a fact. But look at the S stereotypes and descriptions, which someone who is more familiar with it is more likely to encounter. Is it more flattering to yourself to think of yourself as impulsive, short-sighted, rigid, shallow, and perhaps most insultingly, unintelligent... or deep, creative, intuitive, and curious? In an environment that's rife with N worship, why would you want to apply a lable to yourself that you or others perceive as inferior? It's hard to ignore such a pressure. I've even come to stronglyquestion my type as a result of it, and to even question whether some form of intuition is in my top 2 functions. Though I'm sure some are a lot less easily swayed. As for why someone would prefer to be an INFJ over an INFP or ISFJ? Well, INFP stereotypes aren't the most forgiving at times, and the INFJ charicature is flattering, especially compared to the ISFJ one. I think it's more than INFPs or ISFJs wanting to be "more unique".

Daenera

Rogue heart
I get two vibes from just about every thread I've read in the past month:
-One where you totally act your type and people are all "you're so quintessential xxxx".
-One where you just say stuff and people are all "sure you're an xxxx?", "poseur", "people mistype themselves all the time".

The direction this thread is headed:

Will the real INFJs please stand up?

I repeat, will the real INFJs please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ofcourse not, that couldn't be a matter of perspective, how one behaves in a conflict never looks different from different perspectives of that conflict right? and besides, if she looked bad from any perspective that just proves those perspectives wrong & distorted. :coffee:

Thank you, [MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION], I actually don't care if I look bad. I've been pushed waaaay beyond that point by the types of manipulation and reframing that you do. I'm personally not an underdog because even when I'm polite I know I can completely gut someone if I choose. There are INFJ members here who are really kind who were psychologically dragged through the mud by your passive aggressive control tactics. Do you think the characters "Carrie" or "May" look "good"? They are my ultimate heroines. My post to you was mean and I intended it to be. I was deliberately being a bitch. Make sense now?

S

Society

for fuck sake @fia - i wasn't close to being the first and i wasn't the last. ...and when you are "fighting for your friends" and they just happen to be "fighting for their friends" which happen to be you, you are not altruistically defending, you fighting together as a group. when you repeatedly find yourself in conflicts as a group vs individuals, you are fighting for the side that has the sociological advantage, which is the opposite of the underdog. and when those instances when you feel your group is under attack are when it is "getting attacked" by people maliciously sharing negative life experiences and investigating possible type related patterns, and feel that need to retaliate and attack them back on that.... your are just fucking combining forces with your friends and kicking people for sharing negative experiences and investigating type related patterns because they might have a negative implication on you (or "negative implications on your friends" if that bullshit makes you feel any better).

as for the implied warning/threat - how often do you really think i interact with you with an expectation for you to be... "nice"?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
for fuck sake @fia - i wasn't close to being the first and i wasn't the last.

A link to one thread does not present the entire scope and history of the issue at hand.

...and when you are "fighting for your friends" and they just happen to be "fighting for their friends" which happen to be you, you are not altruistically defending, you fighting together as a group. when you repeatedly find yourself in conflicts as a group vs individuals, you are fighting for the side that has the sociological advantage, which is the opposite of the underdog. and when those instances when you feel your group is under attack are when it is "getting attacked" by people maliciously sharing negative life experiences and investigating possible type related patterns, and feel that need to retaliate and attack them back on that....

Human beings learn from patterns of behaviour.
I honestly can't remember a "All INFJs of TypC Hate on Mane" thread on this forum.
That being the case, what caused this pattern to emerge?
Why might INFJs here feel compelled to, as you described above RETALIATE against you?
Well, by definition, RETALIATION is an effect. the cause of which is being PROVOKED - and in this case - by whom?
That would be YOU.

your are just fucking combining forces with your friends and kicking people for sharing negative experiences and investigating type related patterns because they might have a negative implication on you (or "negative implications on your friends" if that bullshit makes you feel any better).

Ummm, I kind of have to call the bullshit card on this, Bro. You've let out ALLLLOT of INFJ-centric tension/resentment in the past few years.
Seriously.
I understand that you had some seriously hurtful events to deal with your INFJ ex-wife and issues with her not allowing you access to your Step-son after the divorce, but that does not justify hostility towards every INFJ alive.
You're better than that.
Let the past be in the past, for if you let it sour your present and future, then you give it far more power over you than it ever was supposed to.
Free yourself, for your own sake.
Just my .02.

as for the implied warning/threat - how often do you really think i interact with you with an expectation for you to be... "nice"?

People will live up to your lowest expectation of them, and you to theirs.

:solidarity:

-Halla74

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The direction this thread is headed:

Will the real INFJs please stand up?

I repeat, will the real INFJs please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here...

Are you sure ANFA is your REAL type?

S

Society

that does not justify hostility towards every INFJ alive.
generally most of the typoC INFJs who know me know that is far from the case, thankfully there are more INFJs here then the scope of this little forum club.

Well, by definition, RETALIATION is an effect. the cause of which is being PROVOKED - and in this case - by whom?
That would be YOU.

actually, just in the last two years i've seen them get "provoked" by:
- a guy who got lied too and cheated on by an INFJ
- then me
- then another guy who had all his possessions stolen by an INFJ
- then a chick who got abandoned mid pregnancy by an INFJ
- then like 17 "malicious voters" in a little poll where the INFJs looked bad
- then another guy who just got cheated (hint: he usually fetishes them).
- and apparently like half a dozen of INFPs who've known INFJs

out of those i am just the one who wasn't scared away - they were getting "provoked" before me and will be getting "provoked" after me.
...and yes they genuinely interpret anyone saying anything bad about an INFJ as provoking them. but that doesn't make it sane:
can you imagine that whenever you heard about someone losing loved ones in car accidents due to drunk driving, the first thing on your mind would be the possible negative implication it would have on you if you or a lot of your friends claim to have done it in the past? can you imagine then looking at people straight in the eye and interpreting their talk about their losses and/or attempts to understand related behavior and patterns as a provocation? thinking of people's deaths, handicaps and injuries as manipulative attack about you and your friends as honorable drinkers that they just must retaliate and defend their friends from? and yet, right here that is exactly what they do - reacting to any negative experiences about INFJs as a personal attack about INFJs, in their heads THAT is the provocation - they do it all the fucking time, and they truly believe they are being provoked, that people are coming here putting themselves completely out there in full vulnerability one after the other for the sole purpose of "going after them" and making other INFJs - meaning them - feel bad about themselves!

"oh no, more life experiences about INFJs?
more people who maliciously bring horrible claims?
more stories of destructive behaviors about an INFJ?
clearly this is all about how it might reflect on us!
and now INFJs are under attack! again!
...charge!"

^ THAT is the pattern.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
actually, just in the last two years i've seen them get "provoked" by:
- a guy who got lied too and cheated on by an INFJ
- then me
- then another guy who had all his possessions stolen by an INFJ
- then a chick who got abandoned mid pregnancy by an INFJ
- then like 17 "malicious voters" in a little poll where the INFJs looked bad
- then another guy who just got cheated (hint: he usually fetishes them).
- and apparently like half a dozen of INFPs who've known INFJs
Maybe we should start making lists for all the types. I have a few
- an INTP who cheated on his INFJ wife
- an INTJ who tried to murder his ISFP wife, INFJ son, and who fucked his INFP and INFJ daughters
- an ISTP woman who has emotionally abused her INFJ husband for 10 years leading to severe health issues
- an INFP and INTP who collectively drove an INFJ to a nervous breakdown so severe they were almost hospitalized.

That's just people who are directly part of my life.
The difference is that I don't make threads berating types as a results of these life traumas.

S

Society

well, [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] you posted about it at least once now:

are any of those types reacting like they are under attack?
are any of them retaliating? defending their types against you?
or interpreting it as a malicious agenda to make them feel bad?

are any of the INFPs and INTPs...
giving you self righteous justifications on their right to give nervous breakdowns?
or how they only give nervous breakdowns for those who deserve it?
or accusing you of having a nervous break down to abuse & shame them?
how about telling you "sorry they have needs"? (my favorite one so far).

no, they aren't. and THAT is the difference.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We *really* need a way to indicate rants vs statements open for discussion of truth on this forum. Seriously. Bitching about a type as a way to vent, find sympathy and digest those feelings and learn how to process them by sharing them with people who relate is one thing while deducing general behavioral patterns in a specific type as a way to learn about how they work is another alltogether. Both are valid and important but they rarely coexist peacefully within one thread due to the difference in angle and goal. This thread is a prime example of that.

Both should just be clearly marked for what they are to avoid these kind of complications.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
We *really* need a way to indicate rants vs statements open for discussion of truth on this forum. Seriously. Bitching about a type as a way to vent, find sympathy and digest those feelings and learn how to process them by sharing them with people who relate is one thing while deducing general behavioral patterns in a specific type as a way to learn about how they work is another alltogether. Both are valid and important but they rarely coexist peacefully within one thread due to the difference in angle and goal. This thread is a prime example of that.

Both should just be clearly marked for what they are to avoid these kind of complications.

I like this distinction a lot: rants vs statements open for discussion of truth

And if you're still ENFP, I think it's particularly awesome that it comes from a Fi user (because sometimes I lose track of what is a rant versus statement open for discussion of truth with my Fi-dom love ... and when I do, things can go really bad)

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
can you imagine that whenever you heard about someone losing loved ones in car accidents due to drunk driving, the first thing on your mind would be the possible negative implication it would have on you if you or a lot of your friends claim to have done it in the past? can you imagine then looking at people straight in the eye and interpreting their talk about their losses and/or attempts to understand related behavior and patterns as a provocation? thinking of people's deaths, handicaps and injuries as manipulative attack about you and your friends as honorable drinkers that they just must retaliate and defend their friends from? and yet, right here that is exactly what they do - reacting to any negative experiences about INFJs as a personal attack about INFJs, in their heads THAT is the provocation - they do it all the fucking time, and they truly believe they are being provoked, that people are coming here putting themselves completely out there in full vulnerability one after the other for the sole purpose of "going after them" and making other INFJs - meaning them - feel bad about themselves!

Stepping away from the drama for a moment here: Having a Ni-Fe-Ti-Se cognitive function stack is a variation of information processing amidst a diverse human spectrum. Being a drunk driver is an addiction and pathology (or along those lines).

Using MBTI types to refer to pathology is a misuse IMO. Enneagram is more suited to talking about how people's damage affects our behaviors when we're unhealthy. In Mane's case, it looks like "INFJ" has some associations well beyond describing how some group of individuals processes information. This may actually be actually kind of relevant to this thread, in that attributing personality traits not associated with cognitive functions can happen on the exotifying side or the pathologizing side. Neither has much to do with actual cognitive process stacks, IMO.