User Tag List

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 568

Thread: Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

  1. #141
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Functions do not. However, whether a function is introverted or extroverted determines how much inertia a person would put into them.

    An Fe-user will alter his personal values if they put the people he cares for in jeopardy.
    An Fi-user will behave in ways unacceptable to others if his belief system demands it.

    A Te-user will change his reasoning based on the facts.
    A Ti-user will stay convinced he is right based on his own logic.
    Are you illustrating a correspondence between a "transcendental reality" and the subjective confines of introverted functions?

  2. #142
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the resident View Post
    Didn't say they were. Just denied its apotheosization.
    I agree that it's not that great unless done honestly.

  3. #143
    The Dark Lord Array The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Functions do not. However, whether a function is introverted or extroverted determines how much inertia a person would put into them.

    An Fe-user will alter his personal values if they put the people he cares for in jeopardy.
    An Fi-user will behave in ways unacceptable to others if his belief system demands it.

    A Te-user will change his reasoning based on the facts.
    A Ti-user will stay convinced he is right based on his own logic.
    which are you?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  4. #144
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    So, wait, is it INFJs who are supposedly obsessed with being rare, or SJs who think they're INFJs who are obsessed with being rare?
    Paradox.

  5. #145
    Video Deadly Array Alaska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    It's funny because what was egoistically hardest for me to let go of in my typing process was Fi. But not witch hunt hard. I've never understood how some can feel defensive over the possibility of being mistyped. When people suggest it to me, I'm just intrigued by their feedback and enjoy reading up on it even if I conclude in the end that it isn't correct.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

  6. #146
    I want my account deleted Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Wow. That reminds me of patterns I saw in junior high school (everyone having to take a turn to be picked on). I wonder what it is about this site that creates that pattern. Seems like it can only be an obstruction to useful dialogue and learning.

    eta: this explains the underneath edge of masked competitive mean-ness at the collective (type) level that I've vaguely perceived on this site.

  7. #147
    Make 2017 a good one! Array Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None
    Posts
    14,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Wow. That reminds me of patterns I saw in junior high school (everyone having to take a turn to be picked on). I wonder what it is about this site that creates that pattern. Seems like it can only be an obstruction to useful dialogue and learning.
    I personally think it is cos people don't always indicate when they are ranting. People need to rant, and what better place to do it than on an internet forum. However, those rants inevitably lead to generalisations, things that were said in the heat of the moment that then get taken as true 'statements' to be challenged, which leads to bashing and butthurt on both sides.

    If people just indicated that what will follow is a rant, things would be a lot less complicated and convoluted, I feel.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

  8. #148
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    It's funny because what was egoistically hardest for me to let go of in my typing process was Fi. But not witch hunt hard. I've never understood how some can feel defensive over the possibility of being mistyped. When people suggest it to me, I'm just intrigued by their feedback and enjoy reading up on it even if I conclude in the end that it isn't correct.
    I think it may be because they overly identify with the type they think they are;they truly believe they are their type,like it's all there is to them.They are special because a statistic say so,because they are this type,thus they will cling onto their type like no other.

    I believe it's a self-esteem/ ego thing above all; your type is not you,nor are you your type,your type doesn't make you special,it's your job to make your own damn self special through what you do/say,if special-ness is what you so desire.

  9. #149
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I personally think it is cos people don't always indicate when they are ranting. People need to rant, and what better place to do it than on an internet forum. However, those rants inevitably lead to generalisations, things that were said in the heat of the moment that then get taken as true 'statements' to be challenged, which leads to bashing and butthurt on both sides.

    If people just indicated that what will follow is a rant, things would be a lot less complicated and convoluted, I feel.
    It's also human nature.

    There will always be some sort of us vs. them mentality. People need to group and catagorize themselves to make sense of who everyone is. MBTI by its nature imparts labeles on everything. Most are going to see some things as better than others (regardless of the correctness of it), share those feelings because human nature drives is to believe not everything could possibly be equal and the same. Not everyone will agree on their opinions, and as a result massive butthurt starts to happen.

    People also like watching it when it happens. "ooooh, drama! Get me the popcorn!". Every time, it just feeds it and makes it more active. Anyone who posts here or has been watching quietly is guilty of it.

    This is a problem that will never end.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

  10. #150
    I want my account deleted Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I personally think it is cos people don't always indicate when they are ranting. People need to rant, and what better place to do it than on an internet forum. However, those rants inevitably lead to generalisations, things that were said in the heat of the moment that then get taken as true 'statements' to be challenged, which leads to bashing and butthurt on both sides.

    If people just indicated that the following was a rant, things would be a lot less complicated and convoluted, I feel.
    You know, this reminds me of a conversation I had with my INFP partner about a thread I'd seen on this site:

    Me: Can you think of any situation in which a thread focusing on what INFPs can't stand about INFJs would be anything but a train wreak?
    Her (laughing then seriously considering the question): Only one - if the discussion was strictly between INFPs and clearly for venting purposes only. Otherwise ... no.
    Me: Yup. I agree.

    So there's some possibility that the problem may have something to do with the forum structure (like, there's nowhere for INFPs to have that kind of vent session except the "NF" forum or general MBTI forum ... no space that is "home" space for a given type where people who aren't that type are positioned as visitors/guests). The temperament structure of the subforums, the lack of space by type, actually put me off from joining this site for some time. Of course, this may not really be a source of the problem since I'm only thinking about one example.

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 08:58 PM
  3. [INFJ] How do you encourage an INFJ, or, How do you know if an INFJ has lost interest in you
    By Spring in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 09:52 PM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ + ENFP = Transcendental Romance. INFJ + ESTJ = Duality. Any thoughts?
    By finalfantasy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 05:28 AM
  5. [INFJ] INFJ + INFJ relationship confusion! (warning: long winded)
    By True Blue in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •