User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by the resident View Post
    Most people confuse Si and Ni anyways.

Si perception is inherently relativistic. Si-doms are great at taking multiple perspectives. Ni perception is intractable because it is inherently egocentric and wedded to its assumptions.

Internet stupidity, however, has made Si into something about cleaning surfaces.
    I'm mulling around a theory that iNtuition is a unique form of projection. The potential contention depends on whether the listener believes in a transcendent reality or not.

Either way, I think both types are capable of maintaining multiple perspectives. Though, inevitably, they are confined to one perspective, which will be demonized on the basis that something about it is disagreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm mulling around a theory that iNtuition is a unique form of projection. The potential contention depends on whether the listener believes in a transcendent reality or not.

Either way, I think both types are capable of maintaining multiple perspectives. Though, inevitably, they are confined to one perspective, which will be demonized on the basis that something about it is disagreeable.
    That's any introverted function in general talking. Other than that, functions are just mirrors of each other that process fundamentally different information, but in similar ways depending on if they are J/P and I/E functions.

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

Though, inevitably, they are confined to one perspective, which will be demonized on the basis that something about it is disagreeable.
    My point had everything to do with the flexibility of perception.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

"Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it."

"The 368 is very dynamic. This is the toughest fighter on the Enneagram."

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    That's any introverted function in general talking. Other than that, functions are just mirrors of each other that process fundamentally different information, but in similar ways depending on if they are J/P and I/E functions.
    Functions don't dictate belief systems.

My point had everything to do with the flexibility of perception.
    To honestly agree to disagree is the greatest demonstration of intellectual flexibility anyone could possibly muster.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

When I joined this site, the most notable thing for me about it was that the people I saw and/or interacted with who identified as INFJ were recognizably INFJ to me. What I mean by that is, people who, to my eyes, speak (write) clearly from a lived experience of having these cognitive processes in this order: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se.

I have seen other online contexts in which this is not the case - in which there does seem to be a lot of mis-typing as INFJ going on. In those contexts, there seems to be a fair amount of discussion focused on personality trait discussion among self-identified INFJs: "I'm [insert postive/special personality trait here], do you other INFJs relate?" followed by a discussion that has little or no relationship with actual INFJ cognitive processes, or gross misunderstanding of these processes by people who type as INFJ.

So, an upside to TypeC, for me, has so far been that the INFJ participants who have crossed my radar here do seem recognizably INFJ to me. The downside to this site, for me, is that instead of INFJ-exotification, this site seems to have a fair amount of acceptable INFJ-bashing. I don't think INFJ is exoticized here, I think it's more on the side of disrespected. These are IMO two sides of the same coin somehow, both of which aren't useful for dialogue and interaction. That said, I think I actually prefer a context in which we're disrespected/bashed over one in which we're exotified, if I have to choose. The reason for this is that I actually learn useful stuff from reading posts by other real INFJs rather than by people who don't have this function stack but want to be INFJ due to some assumed exotic personality traits.

Now, the above is based on what has crossed my radar in my participation here plus the poking around I've done in some of the archives. I've only been here for a month or so and there's a lot of info (discussions and participants) I haven't seen even with the archive poking.

Also, I haven't read through all the comments here, but given what I've read so far I can say that I tend to agree with @Hard that the special snowflake thing would be related to enneagram 4 and not MBTI type.

eta: @Amargith, the background info you shared via rep was interesting, would you be willing to post it? (ok if not, just that I think it's interesting)

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

To honestly agree to disagree is the greatest demonstration of intellectual flexibility anyone could possibly muster.
    It's an expression of tolerance, not of one's capacity to be flexible.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

"Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it."

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

Ginkgo

It's an expression of tolerance, not of one's capacity to be flexible.
    Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

Functions don't dictate belief systems.

Functions do not. However, whether a function is introverted or extroverted determines how much inertia a person would put into them.

An Fe-user will alter his personal values if they put the people he cares for in jeopardy.
    An Fi-user will behave in ways unacceptable to others if his belief system demands it.

A Te-user will change his reasoning based on the facts.
    A Ti-user will stay convinced he is right based on his own logic.

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

Those things aren't mutually exclusive.
    Didn't say they were. Just denied its apotheosization.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    When I joined this site, the most notable thing for me about it was that the people I saw and/or interacted with who identified as INFJ were recognizably INFJ to me. What I mean by that is, people who, to my eyes, speak (write) clearly from a lived experience of having these cognitive processes in this order: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se.

I have seen other online contexts in which this is not the case - in which there does seem to be a lot of mis-typing as INFJ going on. In those contexts, there seems to be a fair amount of discussion focused on personality trait discussion among self-identified INFJs: "I'm [insert postive/special personality trait here], do you other INFJs relate?" followed by a discussion that has little or no relationship with actual INFJ cognitive processes, or gross misunderstanding of these processes by people who type as INFJ.

So, an upside to TypeC, for me, has so far been that the INFJ participants who have crossed my radar here do seem recognizably INFJ to me. The downside to this site, for me, is that instead of INFJ-exotification, this site seems to have a fair amount of acceptable INFJ-bashing. I don't think INFJ is exoticized here, I think it's more on the side of disrespected. These are IMO two sides of the same coin somehow, both of which aren't useful for dialogue and interaction. That said, I think I actually prefer a context in which we're disrespected/bashed over one in which we're exotified, if I have to choose. The reason for this is that I actually learn useful stuff from reading posts by other real INFJs rather than by people who don't have this function stack but want to be INFJ due to some assumed exotic personality traits.

Now, the above is based on what has crossed my radar in my participation here plus the poking around I've done in some of the archives. I've only been here for a month or so and there's a lot of info (discussions and participants) I haven't seen even with the archive poking.

Also, I haven't read through all the comments here, but given what I've read so far I can say that I tend to agree with @Hard that the special snowflake thing would be related to enneagram 4 and not MBTI type.

eta: @Amargith, the background info you shared via rep was interesting, would you be willing to post it? (ok if not, just that I think it's interesting)
    I already hinted at it before in this thread when I urged people to look up the rather recent INFJ/INFP thread in the archives, but sure:

I stated that there used to be a time here on the forum that INFJs were....well, put on a pedestal, and INFPs were treated as emo-kids not to be taken seriously. Or at least, there was a trend to do so. Not so long ago, that pendulum came swinging the other way.

For that matter, in general this forum seems to go through periods where one or another type is bashed in particular. ENFJs and Fe-doms in general get a thorough bashing regularly, and as stated, INFPs got the brunt of it for a long time, and ENFPs have had their sporadic moments as well. So have NTs, and of course sensors in general tend to get more of a rough treatment around here due to the lack of representation and frustration existing between N and S users.

At this particular time, it just seems like it is INFJs turn

I'd love to put a stop to this trend, but during the last 5 years, I haven't seen an option to that end just yet.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”