User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Eh, I considered being an INFJ, but I realized that I'd be more "special" as an ESTJ. Rebelling against the system by becoming a part of it.

I considered being an INFJ once, like you, but then I toke an arrow to the knee.

ETA:
    There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 6 guests)
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Recently things have gotten way out of hand.
    is that surprising?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I considered being an INFJ once, like you, but then I toke an arrow to the knee.

Good for you, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yes.

The study of typology functions recursively with the wishes of the individual. "I'm searching for insight into myself and others." + "I need to construct an identity" = "I am insightful into myself and others" (aka. INFX)

I remember convincing myself that I was an INTP because I was into systems. Systems like Typology. My investigation affirmed the biased conclusion it gave me via test results.

The wishes of an individual, however, prove as unreliable as the tests. It's a double-edged sword that cuts both ways so long as you attempt to manufacture an identity through theory as apposed to accomplishments or actions.

That said, I don't buy into any particular set of statistical evidence for MBTI, so I can't side with anyone on either side of this argument. The only thing I can infer from this conflict is that TypologyCentral generates a member base that entertains the idea that it holds special knowledge about human beings. This idea oscillates, taking forms of egotism, forms of inquisitiveness, forms of social acceptance, forms of rejection, and so on, but it always gets thrown into the mix of how we define ourselves, regardless of its accuracy.
    yeah, a kind of dictum. "mind or body. choose."

meanwhile, identity is, as you point out, a recursive process. to not definitively take an object of that process as you, but to allow your experience of the process to deepen your awareness of your own construction, is not easy. the end and the beginning meet back in the middle somewhere. you got to cast the lure but recognize too that it's the reeling in that catches the fish.

LadyLazarus

ETA:There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 6 guests)

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    here's my honest take, who gives a fuck what type you are? seriously? like type doesn't make you who you are. you can be an ass hole as an INFJ or you can be a non-asshole. It doesn't matter, and this whole bullshit of, type is so important. no it's not, people are going to hate or like you regardless of type. you're still going to die, you still have to obey the laws of gravity, you can't kill someone without breaking the law. You're still you.
    Yup.

The only problem is that they'll misattribute things they don't like about you to your type, rather than what they should be attributed to. Because people do all they can to make things 'fit' in their minds.

But hey, I figure that if they're going to make that mistake, that's on them; so I don't give a fuck what other people think my type is. It's not up to me to bust ass to correct people

ETA:There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 6 guests)
    The crowd is expecting blood entertainment people...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Yup.

The only problem is that they'll misattribute things they don't like about you to your type, rather than what they should be attributed to. Because people do all they can to make things 'fit' in their minds.

But hey, I figure that if they're going to make that mistake, that's on them; so I don't give a fuck what other people think my type is. It's not up to me to bust ass to correct people
    also people assign certain types to other people because they think that type is a bad type and they think the person is a bad person.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    also people assign certain types to other people because they think that type is a bad type and they think the person is a bad person.
    +1

Glad that doesn't happen to me on the forum as much as it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    +1

Glad that doesn't happen to me on the forum as much as it used to.
    but you're not a bad person, even though you won't tell me about when you have sex. which is ok, for most that's a private matter. I just want to know
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington