User Tag List

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I also think it's a huge difference if people relate themselves to Ni+Fe, or I+N+F+J descriptions.
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-9w8 so/sx
    EII-Ne

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Mistyping is part of the journey. We all see traits in other type we wish we embodied.
    That is true,but it's not really a journey if you allow yourself to become blinded by your own ego,unwilling to move forward or see yourself for what you truly are.That is more like standing completely still due to inhibiting your own growth.

I do agree with you on that last part though.

Riva

Mistyping is part of the journey. We all see traits in other type we wish we embodied.
    +1

*Embodies e4ness*

*Feels tormented and dies*

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    To be totally honest, I think a lot of people even here have pretty low self esteem, or at least have a lot of ego issues and they use typology as a tool to repair their broken egos, so no wonder a lot of people have special snowflake syndrome and like to type as INFJs. For some typology is just a way how to flatter their egos, not a self discovery tool.
    Yes.

The study of typology functions recursively with the wishes of the individual. "I'm searching for insight into myself and others." + "I need to construct an identity" = "I am insightful into myself and others" (aka. INFX)

I remember convincing myself that I was an INTP because I was into systems. Systems like Typology. My investigation affirmed the biased conclusion it gave me via test results.

The wishes of an individual, however, prove as unreliable as the tests. It's a double-edged sword that cuts both ways so long as you attempt to manufacture an identity through theory as apposed to accomplishments or actions.

That said, I don't buy into any particular set of statistical evidence for MBTI, so I can't side with anyone on either side of this argument. The only thing I can infer from this conflict is that TypologyCentral generates a member base that entertains the idea that it holds special knowledge about human beings. This idea oscillates, taking forms of egotism, forms of inquisitiveness, forms of social acceptance, forms of rejection, and so on, but it always gets thrown into the mix of how we define ourselves, regardless of its accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    well...I didn't mean to attack conretly you, or anyone else who is typed INFJ, so just no need to become deffensive.
    Oh that's OK, I wasn't acting defensive...just sharing my experience and how it has played out for me...no hurt feelings...

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Recently things have gotten way out of hand.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yes.

The study of typology functions recursively with the wishes of the individual. "I'm searching for insight into myself and others." + "I need to construct an identity" = "I am insightful into myself and others" (aka. INFX)

I remember convincing myself that I was an INTP because I was into systems. Systems like Typology. My investigation affirmed the biased conclusion it gave me via test results.

The wishes of an individual, however, prove as unreliable as the tests. It's a double-edged sword that cuts both ways so long as you attempt to manufacture an identity through theory as apposed to accomplishments or actions.

That said, I don't buy into any particular set of statistical evidence for MBTI, so I can't side with anyone on either side of this argument. The only thing I can infer from this conflict is that TypologyCentral generates a member base that entertains the idea that it holds special knowledge about human beings. This idea oscillates, taking forms of egotism, forms of inquisitiveness, forms of social acceptance, forms of rejection, and so on, but it always gets thrown into the mix of how we define ourselves, regardless of its accuracy.
    I couldn't agree more!
    BTW I used to be the same with Ti like you with being an "INTP".
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-9w8 so/sx
    EII-Ne

Make 2017 a good one! Array Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    That is true,but it's not really a journey if you allow yourself to become blinded by your own ego,unwilling to move forward or see yourself for what you truly are.

I do agree with you on that last part though.
    It is part of their journey, apparently. Some people only enjoy dabbling in MBTI, and were never really that much in it - they have other motives, like finding a place where they feel part of the community, or a place they can be 'weird'. And there aint no law against that. It may frustrate you, but that aint their problem. As you've noticed, they have enough on their plate to figure out already. Many of them - if they stay with it - grow up, get to know themselves better and will come to terms with who they are, eventually - and will do so without the 'help' of your frustration.

But then that frustration is part of your journey, too I suppose
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    At the risk of sounding vain (again!), does the belowgiven seem to fit...?

LadyLazarus

It is part of their journey, apparently. Some people only enjoy dabbling in MBTI, and were never really that much in it - they have other motives, like finding a place where they feel part of the community, or a place they can be 'weird'. And there aint no law against that. It may frustrate you, but that aint their problem. As you've noticed, they have enough on their plate to figure out already. Many of them - if they stay with it - grow up, get to know themselves better and will come to terms with who they are, eventually - and will do so without the 'help' of your frustration.

But then that frustration is part of your journey, too I suppose
    *Sigh* Yes in the end my ultimate frustration is that I cannot do anything but rant.

I can only internally seethe at their own self-serving attitudes,and hope they find a way out of the pit they've dug themselves into.
    Haha yeah,in retrospect I really shouldn't start threads while I'm angry.

I just can't stand fakes,they kind of drive me up the wall(I know it's not very evident from my angry rants right? )but I guess you're right;there's nothing I can do about it.They probably won't listen to me anyways,probably too far gone for that.

I just wish I could make them all see and give them the strength to accept themselves/see themselves for who they really are.

Yes,I suppose it is...

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast