User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I remember trying to solve a math problem once. I walked up to the prof, and as I formulated how I would present my problem, the solution just struck me.

It was almost as if by projecting the thought I primed the right nodes in my mind to recall the information.

I told a lengthy story the other day, a recantation of Jung's, and this is about in line with what Jung spoke of when he referenced intuition.

But I would still like to maintain we are speaking of the function, not the intuitive type.
    Then would you perhaps elucidate what you have gathered Ni to be?

Interestingly, from a function archetype standpoint, those who use Ni should seem to have the subliminal and subconscious association to children to you, an Ni-tertiary user. With the regular inflation-deflation of it, one might hypothesize that you become self-confident in it and then wane to self-consciousness.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Interesting about the actual psychological flow, though I do not believe that to be the case in my first example, as I was consciously searching for a solution to no avail until it became apparently obvious out of nowhere, as if it had simply appeared as a quick, easy solution.
    This happens to everyone. Perfectly normal. Actually the trick to elicit this is to stop any kind of conscious thinking.

Now you'd ask why that works - I don't know. Lol.

Though yes, it can still happen while searching for the solution consciously.

I remember trying to solve a math problem once. I walked up to the prof, and as I formulated how I would present my problem, the solution just struck me.

It was almost as if by projecting the thought I primed the right nodes in my mind to recall the information.
    Or just that the nodes finally worked out a solution by that time. Especially as you no longer had your attention directly on trying to solve the problem.

But I would still like to maintain we are speaking of the function, not the intuitive type.
    Mhmm makes sense.

Live with the flow, baby.
    Hahhah

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Then would you perhaps elucidate what you have gathered Ni to be?

Thinking fast.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Or just that the nodes finally worked out a solution by that time. Especially as you no longer had your attention directly on trying to solve the problem.
    I find it coincidental then, that as I opened my mouth to explain my lack of comprehension, it slammed into my mind, to the point where I had to shift the breath I was uttering into a pleased, "nevermind".

I am not fond of coincidence, you may see.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Thinking fast.
    Ni is thinking fast?

I've heard the exact same statement about Se.

Lol these functions.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I find it coincidental then, that as I opened my mouth to explain my lack of comprehension, it slammed into my mind, to the point where I had to shift the breath I was uttering into a pleased, "nevermind".

I am not fond of coincidence, you may see.
    That must've been a cool experience. No idea if it was a coincidence.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, this phenomenon is well documented. It can be called "expertise".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

The ability does not make an Ni type. Same at you, @solipsists.
    Yeah, my explanation was poor. There isn't much reflection/epiphany since there are no pauses. It does involve a gathering of data, simulation of what is likely to unfold, and highlighting of the most advantageous path, which are things I associate with Ni. Would it be reasonable to assert flow precedes and fosters epiphany?

This is usually attributed to Se.
    Epic post. This is a can of worms I don't really feel like opening, but I'll say seeing strategic implications of players' positioning at certain times on the clock is more what I meant. Would you consider that Ni?

WALMART

Ni is thinking fast?

I've heard the exact same statement about Se.

Lol these functions.
    It can be, Jung says that when an extraverted sensor has sensed, all important is said and done.

I take that to mean Se has a "wait and see" type attitude towards existence, and that can be considered as not thinking at all. But at least, it is even moreso measured than Thinking, for Thinking seeks rationale, and rationale is not (perhaps never) foolproof.

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    Yeah, my explanation was poor. There isn't much reflection/epiphany since there are no pauses. It does involve a gathering of data, simulation of what is likely to unfold, and highlighting of the most advantageous path, which are things I associate with Ni. Would it be reasonable to assert flow precedes and fosters epiphany?
    I believe states of flow can be critical for fostering a pleasant attitude, the most fruitful thoughts budding from a pleasant attitude.

See: hyperfocus.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    Epic post. This is a can of worms I don't really feel like opening
    Well haha I know.

but I'll say seeing strategic implications of players' positioning at certain times on the clock is more what I meant. Would you consider that Ni?
    Thinking ahead? That's more easily associated with Ni yeah, based on whatever I read so far.

It can be, Jung says that when an extraverted sensor has sensed, all important is said and done.

I take that to mean Se has a "wait and see" type attitude towards existence, and that can be considered as not thinking at all. But at least, it is even moreso measured than Thinking, for Thinking seeks rationale, and rationale is not (perhaps never) foolproof.
    Sorry just one question, "measured" is used in what sense? Can you rephrase that, "it is even moreso measured than Thinking"? Thanks.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I believe states of flow can be critical for fostering a pleasant attitude, the most fruitful thoughts budding from a pleasant attitude.

See: hyperfocus.
    Ohh god. "Hyperfocus on a certain subject can cause side-tracking away from assigned or important tasks.". Oh yes, one of the gods of procrastination. :P

I guess this is no longer related to Ni in any way though.