MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default The Personality Profile Project

So I have an idea.

We have a lot of very knowledgeable people here. What do you think about an effort to develop a set of personality profiles? We could start with MBTI then go to Enneagram or do them simultaneously. For the time being, we can post these in the current structure but I'd like to build out some other library/reference material type pages too.

The way we could do it is to start with a volunteer who initiates a thread that "owns" the profile that they want to write. People comment and critique on what was written and contribute content.

I was thinking that I could write up INTJ. Here is my thought for an overall outline.

INTJ - Overall Description

INTJ - In Love and Life

INTJ - In Work

INTJ - In Family

How to recognize the INTJ

INTJ Videos

Common INTJ Enneagram types

ANY VOLUNTEERS???
    Last edited by highlander; 03-02-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned

I think this would only be useful if there wasn't already a ton of MBTI descriptions out there. It would be more useful if you did tritypes or instincts.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Yeaaa +1 for tritypes!

I would suggest writing descriptions of each three-letter combination (Int or ITJ, for example). Each description could begin by describing things that the two types have in common, followed by a list of differences. There are several Enneagram sources that compare each type with every other type, but as far as I know, nothing similar for MBTI. I don't think we need to go quite that far, but under my system, There would be descriptions comparing INTJs with ENTJs, ISTJs, INFJs and INTPs. If someone's having trouble deciding between, for example, INTJ and INTP, that sort of description could help them decide. It could also act as a description of people whose preference on one of the dichotomies is right in the middle, I.E. it could act as an INTx type profile.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I can offer my perspective on ENTPness.

Since many of us understand other typology systems, it would be great if we could use our knowledge to separate stereotypes from the actual functioning of the processes themselves.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I think this would only be useful if there wasn't already a ton of MBTI descriptions out there. It would be more useful if you did tritypes or instincts.
    Interesting idea to provide info where there is none today. The only issue with tritypes/instincts is that it isn't really that well established. There are a couple of Enneagram practitioners that invented tritypes and they have developed their own definitions that are published (if you purchase the materials). So, we would be trying to take what is a pretty proprietary system and come up with stuff on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavarium View Post
    I would suggest writing descriptions of each three-letter combination (Int or ITJ, for example). Each description could begin by describing things that the two types have in common, followed by a list of differences. There are several Enneagram sources that compare each type with every other type, but as far as I know, nothing similar for MBTI. I don't think we need to go quite that far, but under my system, There would be descriptions comparing INTJs with ENTJs, ISTJs, INFJs and INTPs. If someone's having trouble deciding between, for example, INTJ and INTP, that sort of description could help them decide. It could also act as a description of people whose preference on one of the dichotomies is right in the middle, I.E. it could act as an INTx type profile.
    I think this is a really good idea in that people often have a hard time choosing type. If there was a way to provide guidance, that would be a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I can offer my perspective on ENTPness.

Since many of us understand other typology systems, it would be great if we could use our knowledge to separate stereotypes from the actual functioning of the processes themselves.
    Here is where I think there is a huge gap. There are a lot of descriptions out there but they aren't necessarily function oriented and as you say, there are stereotypes. @SolitaryWalker has implied that there are a lot of bad "folk typology" profiles out there and I agree with him.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like this idea! So I guess it will be some sort of a TypeC 'semi-official' description of all the types? That will be helpful. Time to do away with the 'mystical INFJs' stereotype!

I remember that in my Enneagram phase I liked the "How to get along with me" section in 9types.com a lot. Maybe we can have that as well?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Time to revisit this. I think we need to get some decent and easy to find profiles on our site.

We need to determine where we will put the profiles. I am sort of leaning towards a subforum under MBTI (tm) and Jungian Cognitive Functions, that includes a number of them. There are two sources I'm investigating adding up front:

- One of our former members (SimulatedWorld) offered his permission for us to post profiles that he developed a couple years ago
    - I'm asking @SolitaryWalker if he would be so kind as to allow us to post profiles that he has written

Thoughts? Feedback?

Tri-type 639

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

My profiles may be posted here.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Let's do it.