• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personalities and functions at their most intense

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So I was having a conversation with an INFJ, and she told me "nooo stop with the rape jokes" When I asked her why she said they make her nervous, but not particularly disgusted, whereas in my experience with NFP's, these statements to NOT go over so well. So over facebook messenger I'll tell her something like, "I'm going to crack your sacrum with my knee and bludgeon your skull with a rolling pin until you bake me a pie!"

Now I've watched some of Dario Nardi's stuff and he talks about how certain parts of the brain do not activate until they recieve applicable INTENSE stimulation. One of my tests in compatibility is when I talk to a woman like this in real life and she responds by getting jittery and excited with laughter and comes back for more, for example when I whispered a comeback in a girl's ear, "Just be glad you and I are surrounded by FUCKING CHILDREN!" She laughed and yelled "OH MY GOD!"

So with that being said, I've had other people say things that are intense in their own way so as to create uncontrollable responses in myself. An INFJ I once dated was watching me eat a lolly pop and said, "oh! I love lolly pops, they're so yum!" I just stopped moving altogether and couldn't stop laughing because of how over the top adorable it was.

Another instance, I met an INFJ who asked me, "Will you climb mount everest with me to our glorious deaths!?" (context of the conversation indicated she was to be taken dead seriously). I was completely freaked out by that thought.

Another time I can remember garnering a response in another person was when I had a bunch of my employees saying that I should stop thinking and do more. So I got angry and blurted out the flow chart of my life's to do list for the next 3 months, in over 200 lines with if then statements and variables of possible business risks to avoid. My brother complained that I shouldn't make posts like that because it will make it seem like I am overwhelmed, when in actuality I'm not.

So with this being said, I'm wondering if each function is INTENSE in its own way?

the different forms of intensity being:
Se: intense sensory stimulation in language, and seeking intense stimulation
Ni: intense conception of ideas and scenarios others would never think of
Ti: intense and overhwelming systemic organization (think about what goes through a day trader's mind as he competes with wall street from his cell phone)
Fe: intense emotional energy projected into another person or target audience?

This is just a theory that's going through my mind. It also has to do something with socionics and functions being "activated." Thoughts?

Cygnus

So I was having a conversation with an INFJ, and she told me "nooo stop with the rape jokes" When I asked her why she said they make her nervous, but not particularly disgusted, whereas in my experience with NFP's, these statements to NOT go over so well. So over facebook messenger I'll tell her something like, "I'm going to crack your sacrum with my knee and bludgeon your skull with a rolling pin until you bake me a pie!"

Apparently I'm not the only misanthrope on TypeC who's said things like this.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me Ti can be really intense when it its curious about something and feels like it *has* to know why and *has* to have everything make sense and be logically sound.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Defensive/protective Fi feels like fire inside, very viscerally. Incredibly intense.

I'm not sure about Ne. It's more expansive to me than intensive. It can move very swiftly and generate much, though.

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
My Ti is at its most intense when dealing with illogicality. This could be countless hours in my room trying to put my emotions into words or arguing with unreasonable people to myself.

Intense Ne is usually in navigating semi-crowded situations.

Intense Si is basically just recalling stuff.

Intense Fe for me is triggered when people start to seem upset. I get very panicky.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Intense Fi occurs when every bone of your body screams 'I LOVE THIS' or 'I HATE THIS'. lol Not much to it, really.

Intense Ne is a never ending game of mental ping-pong. One thing leads to another, which reminds you of another thing, which is sort of like another thing. At its most intense, a lot of jumps happen within a short period of time. For me it could be something like three a second, easily. A lot of other types find casual Ne tiring, strong Ne users don't -- but intense Ne can be another story.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Defensive/protective Fi feels like fire inside, very viscerally. Incredibly intense.

I'm not sure about Ne. It's more expansive to me than intensive. It can move very swiftly and generate much, though.

Think Ne-association vortex. People get scared just looking at you as you're going 100mph and they cannot get a word in anyways. Literal stream of consciousness that your mouth just cannot keep up with.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Intense Fi occurs when every bone of your body screams 'I LOVE THIS' or 'I HATE THIS'. lol Not much to it, really.

Intense Ne is a never ending game of mental ping-pong. One thing leads to another, which reminds you of another thing, which is sort of like another thing. At its most intense, a lot of jumps happen within a short period of time. For me it could be something like three a second, easily. A lot of other types find casual Ne tiring, strong Ne users don't -- but intense Ne can be another story.

I don't do this, Maybe I'm not INFP. Oh no, my whole vision of myself has been squandered.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I don't do this, Maybe I'm not INFP. Oh no, my whole vision of myself has been squandered.

Haha, maybe we should get the input of other INFP's before you jump to that conclusion ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Haha, maybe we should get the input of other INFP's before you jump to that conclusion ;)

no i can't everyone on the forum, been's brain washed into thinking I'm INFP. but a few have overcame it and said i might be other types