User Tag List

123 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Losing/Breaking possessions and inferior Se

I have a history of losing and breaking things, and when I was young my dad would always scold and judge me for it, saying he wouldn't buy me stuff if I wouldn't take care of it. I've gotten a lot better at keeping up with things (I haven't lost anything important in several years) and taking care of them, and I also just started not telling him when things happen. Today I left my purse on top of the car and drove off with it. Fortunately I found it, but unfortunately my Kindle is ruined because it got run over by a car. I tried my absolute best to take care of that thing, and my purse. And my camera, until the one time I didn't loop my wrist through the string attached when getting it out of the case I dropped it.

The point is that I feel like I drop and break things more than the average person, and I attribute this to inferior Se. But I knwo everyone does sometimes, so my question is, how much of this is me? How much is inferior Se? Is there a particular type or set of types which just happens to always be able to take good care of their belongings and never break things? My dad is an INTJ, so it should happen to him to some degree too; maybe he gets mad because he gets mad at himself when it happens.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I have a history of losing and breaking things, and when I was young my dad would always scold and judge me for it, saying he wouldn't buy me stuff if I wouldn't take care of it. I've gotten a lot better at keeping up with things (I haven't lost anything important in several years) and taking care of them, and I also just started not telling him when things happen. Today I left my purse on top of the car and drove off with it. Fortunately I found it, but unfortunately my Kindle is ruined because it got run over by a car. I tried my absolute best to take care of that thing, and my purse. And my camera, until the one time I didn't loop my wrist through the string attached when getting it out of the case I dropped it.

The point is that I feel like I drop and break things more than the average person, and I attribute this to inferior Se. But I knwo everyone does sometimes, so my question is, how much of this is me? How much is inferior Se? Is there a particular type or set of types which just happens to always be able to take good care of their belongings and never break things? My dad is an INTJ, so it should happen to him to some degree too; maybe he gets mad because he gets mad at himself when it happens.
    I am very abrasive. With all things I touch. lol

I think Se can be an abrasive function in general.

I went through phases of losing things. I think that I'm a "J" because I don't want to lose things, actually. I want everything in it's place all the time, because I get impatient if I can't find something.

And I can't keep anything in mint condition lol. It just doesn't happen.

Thankfully I don't get too attached to things lol.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It really bothers me when I lose things. I don't know that I do it more than the average person though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    EII

I break everything I touch. Being notorious among my friends for that trait, I have no idea why they continue to let me borrow their things... doesn't happen quite so much now that I've identified the problem and am cautious when holding anything.

Enneagram

I just try to avoid carrying around anything of value, because I lose everything. My mom used to threaten me when I was in elementary school: I'm gonna get you strings for your mittens, and everyone will think you're a kindergartener! You want that!???

Not inferior Se, though.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

This is my life.

Inferior Si here.

EDIT: i'm more rough on my stuff than i actually lose or break it. usually things just wind up with tattered edges or coffee stains all over them. like chubber said, i don't consider myself organized, but i really am pretty good about knowing where things are. whenever i try to organize, it's like i'm hiding things from myself. i like things to be out and 'working'. so that all my stuff is kind of in motion and kind of flowing with me. if i know i haven't used something in a while, it's probably at the bottom or at the far edges of whatever area i know it's in. the stuff i use all the time is closer to the center and at the top

my philosophy, though, is things are meant to be used. i don't buy expensive things usually because i want to be able to use them hard and not feel guilty about it. it works for me. i don't like feeling attached to stuff in that way anyway.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I am SUPER careful with my stuff. The last important item that I lost was when I was 16 and my keys fell out of my pocket on the bus. I don't really lose things ever, am always checking, cross checking, and insuring that things don't get damaged.

I get REALLY upset and flustered when I lose something or something breaks from my own incompetence so I go to great lengths to prevent things from being lost or damaged.

In short, I take really good care of my shit.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

This is me down to the atom.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I am SUPER careful with my stuff. The last important item that I lost was when I was 16 and my keys fell out of my pocket on the bus. I don't really lose things ever, am always checking, cross checking, and insuring that things don't get damaged.

I get REALLY upset and flustered when I lose something or something breaks from my own incompetence so I go to great lengths to prevent things from being lost or damaged.

In short, I take really good care of my shit.
    I really do try, but (physical) things just escape my immediate attention sometimes; what do you think could account for the difference between INTJ and INFJ? maybe something related to Te?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

And interesting parallel with inferior Si; my ENFP sister is like that. Although it seems for me it's more destruction than losing things, at least lately.