First 123412 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Ni is subjective by definition. And yes, so it Ti, but at least Ti uses logic and reason, not just some "i know it all even tho i cant express it nor can i know why i know it all or what it all really even is"
    Yes and from my NeFi pov that just looks like the following:

'At least I have my illusion that I use objectivity and reason - therefore I MUST be more objective.'

At least Ni owns that it is subjective and can keep it in mind - unless it gets deluded by Te into the same reasoning

Again. Your bias for your own preferred functions is showing. Bigtime
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Ni is subjective by definition. And yes, so it Ti, but at least Ti uses logic and reason, not just some "i know it all even tho i cant express it nor can i know why i know it all or what it all really even is"
    Sorry you see it that way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I think Ne and Ni are the same in this "multiple perspective" aspect, but Ne is objective and Ni is subjective. So an Ni user is more prone to thinking something is horribly wrong, when the relationship is going amazing. Meanwhile an Ne user probably only sees the objective perspectives that are actually happening.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I thought it was Ne that showed me all angles of a person...and there is usually more than 2
    Ne uses objective triggers for coming up with the idea of what the different angles could be like. Ni uses subjective triggers/gutfeelings/whatevers to create the image.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

WALMART

It is important to understand Ni from an Ni type.

So many Ni doms, so little veracity.

This post is highly irrelevant, just felt like talking.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Only Ni users have absolute insight, the rest of us plebes just have to get by.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yes and from my NeFi pov that just looks like the following:

'At least I have my illusion that I use objectivity and reason - therefore I MUST be more objective.'

At least Ni owns that it is subjective and can keep it in mind - unless it gets deluded by Te into the same reasoning

Again. Your bias for your own preferred functions is showing. Bigtime
    Lets start with: Ti isnt objective and Ne is fundamentally a subjective process triggered by objective stuff, also Ne only suggests stuff for my subjective reasoning to work with.

But whether or not something represents the truth better doesent automatically come from more objectivity inserted. Lets take Te and Ti for example, im sure you are aware of the fact that Ti looks more deeper definitions of things and aims for the root of things, while Te is more concrete and shallow process that looks more at what works(not whether the thing that works is working because of correct definition and that there isnt for example some mistake in reasoning, but other mistake that just makes it give out the same results).

Lets take a worlds best car driver and worlds best car mechanic for as an example. This hypothetical car mechanic knows how the engine works, what metal is used where and why, why the certain screws are tightened with certain force etc etc, but isnt a very good driver. And this hypothetical car driver knows next to nothing about the screws and the bolts, but is able to drive any car flawlessly after testing it out for 5 seconds. Sooo, which one of the guys has more deeper and accurate understanding of cars? Yes you guessed it, its the car mechanic, the driver only knows all about how to use a car, not so much about a car itself.

Whether the driving skills or knowledge of car mechanics is more important to someone, its their personal thing and i dont think that one is somehow better than another. Its just that i prefer the knowledge more and there is my functional bias

And yes i know this example isnt about Ne vs Ni, but it shows that subjective reasoning doesent equal less true. When it comes to Ni vs Ne, Ni without Ti doesent have that reasoning to ground it on reality.

ps. im not talking about Ni tert or inferior types, they rely on Se more than Ni in their perception of things and Se is the most objective of the functions.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Its seeing the whole picture at all times. Both sides of the same coin.
    Hmm, I'm curious to see what Ni doms think of this. I do imagine experientially it feels this way. And I've even thought of it this way before.

As for my perspective on what you've shared though, from experience I know that the Ni dom does not see all perspectives therefore Ni does not see the "whole picture".

However, what they CAN do is amazingly piece together a whole perspective and a subsequent strategy to execute in the world from very little data to solve problems. This can be piercingly useful and accurate but on occasion, is quite off.

When someone says they are "Strong Willed" that also implies that they are "Stubbornly narrow sighted." If someone says they are "very shy" it also means they are "good at keeping secrets." If someone says they are a psychopath, another may argue they are "willing to do what others are not."
    I think this (and your examples) have quite a strong flavor of Fe. I do think Fe types makes choices as to what side of the coin they'll interpret these things, yes. After all, every strength is a weakness unbalanced.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    from experience I know that the Ni dom does not see all perspectives therefore Ni does not see the "whole picture".
    Yea, the whole nature of introverted functions is to remove what isnt seen as relevant from the subjective point of view(i.e. abstracted). Ni does look at the big picture and tries to see behind the immediate reality, but that big picture isnt the whole picture as it has been abstracted, its just a guess based on what the unconscious biases see as being relevant.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    It is important to understand Ni from an Ni type.

So many Ni doms, so little veracity.

This post is highly irrelevant, just felt like talking.
    You want to be an Ni type, don't you.