MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post

OK, I see now what you meant.

I once had an ENxP explain to me how they deal with feelings. The person basically checks if it's worth feeling like that and if not, they'll replace it with a better feeling. Does that sound related to Fi or Fe in your opinion? Or it's more T-ish? Or not even MBTI related
    All of the above, I think. They just come to it in a different way. A T-user will dismiss the feeling, without disabling it as such, as irrelevant, ime. This has the benefit that they tend to be less thrown off by strong feelings and can keep going - up until they get smacked so hard that they can no longer ignore it and also have no idea how to deal with it, from what I've seen.

Fe-users aren't invested in their feelings as part of their identity, so they evaluate what is beneficial to the goal that they hold to be true and how they 'should' feel in order to accomplish that goal. Once someone reminds them and talks them through their goal, they'll refocus on the proper feeling - from what I understand.

Fi-users feel incredibly hurt if you invalidate the way they feel as they feel like you're dismissing a vital piece of information. They tend to also not want to tinker with a feeling until they fully understand where it comes from, as it is a vital piece of raw information. The understanding becomes the goal itself, so there is no reason to take what feels like a shortcut to us the way that Fe does - in fact, doing so feels like cutting off an essential piece of yourself and denying who you are - aka lying to yourself which is a lethal sin

But true enough, once you understand all facets of that feeling, how it helps make up who *you* are, what it is worth to you in this particular situation and how it can help, it allows you to transform that feeling into another by adjusting the root cause of it, which in turn creates a new 'authentic' feeling. You start to be able to create emotional ambiances, adjust your temperament, and of course, invoke the moods that are beneficial to creativity such as writing, sculpting etc, as well as influencing others with that.

I think Fe has access to that as well as I think this is Fi bleeding into Fe turf, and I believe they can do the same vice versa.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@Werebudgie:

OK, I'll reply in a spoiler too, nice idea for dealing with off topic =p

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    All of the above, I think. They just come to it in a different way. A T-user will dismiss the feeling, without disabling it as such, as irrelevant, ime. This has the benefit that they tend to be less thrown off by strong feelings and can keep going - up until they get smacked so hard that they can no longer ignore it and also have no idea how to deal with it, from what I've seen. (...)
    Yeah, her approach seemed to be somewhat dismissive. She's most likely ENTP. She definitely doesn't do the Fi thing you talked about here.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    How2Ne:

Take your preconceived notions of the universe and kindly smash them with a hammer.

Look at everything as something to be unlocked, every situation as just hiding something more exciting. Never be fully present.

Work on the whole "unlocking" concept by constantly drawing analogies. What connection(s) can be drawn between the two that releases new potential?

Keep in mind that nothing can ever be too "out there." Bonus points if when you find something "out there," you shout "Eureka!" and excitedly announce it to several people

How2Ti:

If everyone feels the same way about something, it is probably stupid and needs to be corrected by you.

Think about stuff. Then think about thinking about that stuff. Then think about thinking about thinking about that stuff.

Practice by correcting everything someone says by saying, "actually...." Even if it is right, it could always be even more right. Make things the rightest most maximum right.

Lock yourself away in a quiet room for several hours and come out with a whole new theory made of only your interpretation
    OMG. I loled so hard.

*pounds chest with fist and does the ENTP secret symbol*
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ti: Make something better than it is. Determine all of the flaws in a system and fix them. (*No actual movement required)

Ne: download (2).jpg
    Basically