• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone else think about Pokemon when discussing MBTI?

Do you think about Pokemon when discussing MBTI?

• Total voters

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I feel like a Pokemon when talking about "type" and "developing my Si, using my Fe" etc.

I'm not sure what's going to become of this thread, but I just felt like sharing that.

Carry on.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You made me giggle-snort! That's not easy to do.

Not necessarily pokemon, but something like it, yeah, I do kinda think that. Especially when people start talking too literally.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I try not to think of Pokemon ever. Pokemon is the devil.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I really wanted to vote for both of the last two, but took the better of the two.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't say I've ever thought about Pokemon, period.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks Beat, now I'm going to wonder all night about the MBTI types of Pokemon. And the wonders of the human memory that would allow me to have neural connections that have persisted so that I actually remember anything at all about Pokemon. (I watch too much television, okay?)

Pikachu- Originally introduced as not wanting to be controlled. A pretty good leader among the Pokemon, and generally very smart (but doesn't have much competition in the show). ISFJ? ???
Psyduck- INTP :devil:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius remembers how he watched one of the first episodes of Pokemon when he was about 12 years old, it made him realise he was just like Charmander personality wise. He even has a Charmander stuffed toy.:blush:

--------------------------

Charmander the Stray Pokemon

Ash and friends are on their way to Vermilion City. Misty sees an giant Pokemon, the "giant Pokemon" turns out to be a Charmander on a rock. Brock points out how weak its tail flame is, and that it probably needs help. Ash chucks a Poke Ball, but the Charmander whacks it back with its tail. Ash asks if Pikachu should weaken it first, but Misty suggests she try because she has water Pokemon. Brock still doesn't think it's that strong because of its small flame, and suggests Ash try again.

Ash throws the Poke Ball again, and this time it pulls the Charmander in. However, it breaks out quickly, causing the Poke Ball to conk off of Ash's head. Pikachu climbs up onto the rock and talks to the Charmander. Ash eventually figures out that what Pikachu is saying is that Charmander is waiting on the rock for someone else to come pick him up. Brock decides that if it belongs to someone else, it's best to leave it. Ash and friends leave.

Farther down the trail, Ash and friends discover the Pokemon Center that was on the map. Ash declares that Route 24 can't be far now. And they couldn't have found it at a better time, as it had just started raining, forcing Ash and friends to quickly race down there. Charmander is still on the rock, vainly trying to protect its tail flame from the rain with a leaf. Back at the Pokemon Center, Misty is serving up some soup, but Brock is still worried about the Charmander. Ash points out that there's no way the Charmander would wait around this long. Brock agrees, saying the trainer surely must have gotten it by now.

They, however, hear laughter nearby, and look over to see a trainer named Damian surrounded by a group. Ash was awed over his Pokemon collection, which is pretty sizeable, when one of them asks if he had a Charmander too. Damian reveals he did, but since it was so weak, he left it on a rock out in the middle of the woods.

Ash realised that must have been his Charmander they saw. This makes Brock go mad. While Damian continues to laugh about how the Charmander is probably still stupidly waiting. Brock confronts Damian, and tells him to go get the Charmander. Damien pushes him off, but Ash and Misty soon arrive to support Brock. It's about to go to a Pokemon Battle, but Nurse Joy breaks it up, saying Pokemon should never be used in personal battles.

They race back to the rock where the Charmander is, only to find it has worse problems than the rain. A gang of Spearow are attacking it as well. Ash tries to drive them off by throwing a rock, but this only makes the Spearow attack them. Ash orders a thundershock, and Pikachu obeys, scaring off the Spearow. Unfortunately, its thundershock also inadvertently zapped Ash, Misty, and Brock too. They quickly wrap Charmander up. Ash volunteered to make sure its tail flame stays lit. They race their way back to the Pokemon Centre to get help for Charmander; Nurse Joy agrees to help.

Nurse Joy is angry at Ash, as she thinks they let the Charmander get into such bad shape. Ash explains that it was Damian that left Charmander out there, taking advantage of Charmander's loyalty. Brock pleads with Nurse Joy to save Charmander, and she promises to do whatever she can. Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu are asleep. They wake to find Charmander has disappeared from the Pokemon Centre. Ash is certain that Charmander simply went back to the rock. Brock wants to go after it again, but Misty points out that it's no use. Even if Damian is a jerk, Charmander is still loyal to him, and nothing will change that. They can't just force Charmander to go with them if he doesn't want to.

Ash and friends go on their way to Vermilion City. Up ahead, are Team Rocket. Team Rocket declare they now have a foolproof plan to capture Pikachu, and they start up their "automatic super-duper high-speed whatchamacallit", which turns out to be an over glorified hole driller. Team Rocket make and cover the hole. Suddenly, they see Ash and friends coming, they quickly hide. Pikachu comes up to the hole. Pikachu walks right over it, it seems Pikachu's too light to trigger the pitfall. Jessie and James argue over who blew it this time, until Meowth shuts them up with scratches to the face. Ash, Brock, and Misty, being a lot heavier, end up triggering the pitfall and falling into the hole.

Team Rocket then appears, laughing at the fact that their trap worked. Pikachu tries to shock them, but they're dressed in rubber uniforms that don't conduct electricity. Team rocket catches Pikachu 'Rubber Balloon Bazooka'. Ash, realising Pikachu's in trouble, quickly tries to climb out of the pit, but fails. Team Rocket gloats for a while, but then Charmander turns up.:party2:

Charmander orders Team Rocket to give Pikachu back to Ash. Team Rocket naturally refuses, so Charmander unleashed a massive flamethrower that utterly roasts Team Rocket. They drop Pikachu from the 'Rubber Balloon Bazooka' and run like crazy. Much to Damian's surprise that Charmander beat Team Rocket, as Damian was watching it all unfold from a distance.

Ash, Misty, and Brock get out of the pit. They thank Charmander for the help, and Ash asks Charmander if he wants to come along with them. However, Damian shows up, saying he come for Charmander, "just as he promised". Ash is angry, saying he was just bragging about how he abandoned Charmander, but Damian just laughs, saying it toughened him up. Brock angrily replies that raising a Pokemon is the best part of being a trainer, but Damian calls it the most boring part. Finally, Damian flings a Poke Ball at Charmander, but Charmander whacks it right back into him. Damian is now furious, and threatens to crush Charmander with every Poke Ball he has, but Charmander uses flamethrower on him. Pikachu adds injury to insult by adding a thundershock of his own. The utterly scorched Damian runs off crying, and the others cheer Charmander.:devil:

Brock convinces Ash to go ahead and catch Charmander. Ash throws a Poke Ball, which Charmander hops into for an easy catch. With a new Pokemon, and a new friend, Ash and friends continue on their way to Vermilion City.:wubbie:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:happy2:

When were you twelve? Two days ago? Amazing memory!

Charmander was a great character. I don't know if I ever personally identified with any Pokemon. Maybe Bulbasaur because of his curmudgeon-ness.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been a victim of passive Pokemon for the last five years, since my Asperger's daughter discovered and became obsessed with it to the level that only such as her can obsess.

I'm pleased however, to report that I still remain proudly oblivious of the MBTI qualities of any but Charizard and Blaziken.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I never really got Pokemon.

If you would know to use an ultra pokeball to catch the hard ones, you shouldn't have a problem. Novice.

:D

I haven't played pokemon since middle school.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think of Pokemon, but I do think of The Sims. Like I'll think, "I'm an E who hasn't socialized in a while, so my socialization bar is way too low right now."