User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WALMART

@valaki

The fence building problem was one websites approach to define how each function would act when approached with the task of building a fence. It goes like this:

Ne - I want to design the fence

Ni - Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary?

Se - I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing

Si - I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidelines

Te - Is doing this cost effective? Will it be useful?

Ti - I want to analyze the structure and placement of the fence

Fe - How will it affect the neighborhood, and what will the neighbors think?

Fi - I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time

Reading over it today I think there are some errors they've made in the simplification of the functions - namely, this is one cause why I never identified with Se and so strongly with Ne. But merh. If I care so badly for people to get "right" information I should host my own material :P

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

My Fe is building the fence because of the neighbors.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    @valaki

The fence building problem was one websites approach to define how each function would act when approached with the task of building a fence. It goes like this:

Ni - Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary?

Se - I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing

Si - I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidelines

Fi - I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time

Reading over it today I think there are some errors they've made in the simplification of the functions - namely, this is one cause why I never identified with Se and so strongly with Ne. But merh. If I care so badly for people to get "right" information I should host my own material :P
    The Ni one is so god damn accurate that it's terrifying.

Ginkgo

@valaki

Why is it that, according to this, Fi just seems like a crudely specialized version of Ne?

True, I would rather design the fence. I would probably be Ne, Se Ti, Te about fence making.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@valaki

It's funny, my first response is always "...Why? Do we need this?" but then "I think we don't. I'm going to think of something better." And then I like to explore ingenius ideas to do it in ways which are more environmentally friendly and cost effective. For like 10 minutes and then I run off and listen to music.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

@valaki

So im Ne Ni Ti Te and Fe?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    It was a rhetorical question.

I was more implying that the processes are not only complex but organized in a different way than assumed by most MBTI fans including the creator of MBTI .
    MBTIs mode of personality isnt the complete jungian model, its just some stuff that myers and briggs saw important in what they aimed their test to function in.

Whats this your "true" function organization of functions that is different from MBTI? Also do you even know how MBTI really organizes the functions(most people dont, even tho they think they do)?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@valaki

The fence building problem was one websites approach to define how each function would act when approached with the task of building a fence.
    What's the exact situation where you are being asked to build a fence? Why am I supposed to build this? Am I going to get money or something else for doing the task?

These are what came first to mind.

It goes like this:

Guess then my response of "why" is closest to the Ni one huh? Or me requiring the exact situation first, before really giving an answer, what's that? Se? And the part about what I get in return, what's that? Te? :p

From the stock answers here, I guess I'm closest to Ni and Ti. Se too but only if I care for a reason, however I wouldn't be doing the decoration myself, I would only make the decisions about its appearance. So that's why I was asking about the exact situation because it depends.

How do you determine "right"?

EDIT: btw, I'm not trying to be antagonistic with you. Just wanted to know what you mean by "right". I do encourage you to host your own material if you think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    MBTIs mode of personality isnt the complete jungian model, its just some stuff that myers and briggs saw important in what they aimed their test to function in.
    And the jungian theory of functions isn't the complete jungian model.

Whats this your "true" function organization of functions that is different from MBTI?
    Who said I had one personally?

It's simple. Compare conclusions drawn from dealing with MBTI stuff to conclusions coming from science of psychology.

(I do have my own thoughts on these matters but it's not something I can just start spreading as something definitely better than anything else. Best I can give at this point is contradictions noted from observations.)

Also do you even know how MBTI really organizes the functions(most people dont, even tho they think they do)?
    Whatever's on http://www.myersbriggs.org/. Do you disagree with that?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    And the jungian theory of functions isn't the complete jungian model.
    Thats why i said personality, not functions.

Who said I had one personally?

It's simple. Compare conclusions drawn from dealing with MBTI stuff to conclusions coming from science of psychology.

(I do have my own thoughts on these matters but it's not something I can just start spreading as something definitely better than anything else. Best I can give at this point is contradictions noted from observations.)
    You said that MBTI model is wrong, if you make that claim, you should be able to tell whats wrong with it and why. You know i hear new people coming up with their crazy ideas all the time about the organization of functions and none of them were any good. So excuse my pessimism towards your ideas before you actually explain your ideas.

Whatever's on http://www.myersbriggs.org/. Do you disagree with that?
    Well what does it say about the I/E of tert function there?
    — C.G. Jung

Read