User Tag List

123 Last

Stansmith

Default Are you attracted to people who represent your weaker functions?

Or in other words, your 'anima'? I've noticed that out of all the personality types, the image of an ENTJ is the one that 'fascinates' me the most (for lack of a better word), despite the fact that it's so different from my own.

I find ENTJs confident, intelligent, inspiring, understanding, and strangely relatable despite the fact that we seem like opposites.
    Last edited by Stansmith; 02-07-2014 at 07:38 AM.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sometimes I find myself attracted to ExFJs. They seem to have a way with Fe and make it work effectively for them whereas I use it rather awkwardly and clumsily. Not all ExFJs though. Sometimes their Fe can be annoying when its overblown or they rely too much on it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Over doses of Te and Si don't draw me in like that. I'm much more into either somewhat matching functions, or exotics.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

isnt everybody? that's the sociobiological purpose of attraction

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    isnt everybody? that's the sociobiological purpose of attraction
    I'm somewhat turned off by the idea of looking for somebody to cover my gaps, the concept feels like it weakens me. It introduces a crutch.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm somewhat turned off by the idea of looking for somebody to cover my gaps, the concept feels like it weakens me. It introduces a crutch.
    it doesn't weaken you. it strengthens you. you might perceive that it weakens you because most people don't want to admit that they have weak areas, and even if they do, they don't want to admit that they can't patch the holes in the fences without any help. in reality, that's what makes them vulnerable.

i don't think it's a conscious process. i think we're unconsciously attracted to people who "cover our gaps," so to speak. the union increases the survival chances of each partner and even offspring, if you really think about it, in a world where predators are checking the fences for inconsistency.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    it doesn't weaken you. it strengthens you. you might perceive that it weakens you because most people don't want to admit that they have weak areas, and even if they do, they don't want to admit that they can't patch the holes in the fences without any help. in reality, that's what makes them vulnerable.

i don't think it's a conscious process. i think we're unconsciously attracted to people who "cover our gaps," so to speak. the union increases the survival chances of each partner and even offspring, if you really think about it, in a world where predators are checking the fences for inconsistency.
    Nope, I really don't feel that way, or even have a tendency to unconsciously gravitate this way. When I say it weakens me, it's because I know my weak points and am willing to admit/work on them as opposed to find an external relationship based way to patch them up. This isn't to say that I don't appreciate somebody who compliments me, but not in the Jungian function sense.

There may be a tendency for groups of people to find their matches this way, but I don't believe it is a universal drive.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Anima doesent mean inferior function, its a completely different concept. But yes im usually much more attracted to F than T types.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yes. Without my permission my intuition always picks complimentary opposites. This sucks because overall, I'm just a ninkumpoop and thus, I'm invariably paired with knuckle heads. I'm in the process of rewiring my brain. I may find my attractions different this time next year. *crosses fingers*
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Nope, I really don't feel that way, or even have a tendency to unconsciously gravitate this way. When I say it weakens me, it's because I know my weak points and am willing to admit/work on them as opposed to find an external relationship based way to patch them up. This isn't to say that I don't appreciate somebody who compliments me, but not in the Jungian function sense.

There may be a tendency for groups of people to find their matches this way, but I don't believe it is a universal drive.
    You and I have something in common.