User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I do enjoy the clarity of hearing an unfiltered Te. Refreshing!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I'm not sure. I kinda like Fi.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

garbage

In general, they're kinda boring to me

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Not so much attracted to my opposite, function-wise. But recently realized the source of intense attraction in a relationship I once had with an ISFP was a combination of her Se-aux and Ni-tert meshing with my Ni-dom and Se-inf. That relationship was the most sensually amazing experience I have ever had with another human being - not only the sexual aspect (though that was amazing in itself) but also the deep shared sensual pleasures like music and food. It was like we resonated at the same frequency at the intersection of the intuitive and the sensual, and I credit her for naturally moving in ways that brought that shared sensuality into our shared experience (unfortunately we were sorely incompatible in other extremely significant ways, but that sensual-intuitive layer was quite extraordinary).

There's definitely a physical attraction...but mental attraction not so much...

I think we are all allergic to/irritated by (and at the same time awed by) those who are dominant in our inferior function...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm somewhat turned off by the idea of looking for somebody to cover my gaps, the concept feels like it weakens me. It introduces a crutch.
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Anima doesent mean inferior function, its a completely different concept. But yes im usually much more attracted to F than T types.
    It doesn't mean the inferior, but it's generally understood to mean someone who embodies it, as it's experienced as "not yourself" or an opposite mentality, and thus represents the "feminine" part of yourself (or for a woman, the animus is the "masculine"). What is your understanding?

--------

I see myself in ESTJs a bit. But it's not a "me" I like. It's a nit-picky, critical, dismissive, harsh person I dislike. So I tend to be repelled by them; they're sort of what I resist in myself. Of course, they are not those things, or those negatives don't define them. So I have been friends with some & liked & respected some. They were smart, funny, friendly, and admirable in how much they accomplished.

But I like the method to my madness; I think I'd choke trying to manage my life as they do theirs. I never get a sense they admire me, outside of my fashion sense, and my ego requires admiration for attraction to occur. A lot of times they react to me like I'm some unruly person out to tear down civilization or a self-absorbed snob, or something like that, and this triggers my prejudices against them.

I don't generally find myself romantically attracted to ESTJs. I think the only two ESTJ men I thought were attractive were good-looking enough to chalk it up to the physical more than personal charm or any connection between us.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No...I scare them with Ne and they make me feel like an incompetent 5 year old with Si

I am attracted to ISTPs though, basically those that are able to wield the functions I utterly am unaware of or suck at due to them being my shadow bottom two. It gives for a very alien/bodylanguage only attraction though as communication becomes automatically pushed out of your comfort zone.

I've noticed that the Ni-Se combo in general tends to do it for me though, with a slight penchant towards introverted thinkers.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    it doesn't weaken you. it strengthens you. you might perceive that it weakens you because most people don't want to admit that they have weak areas, and even if they do, they don't want to admit that they can't patch the holes in the fences without any help. in reality, that's what makes them vulnerable.

i don't think it's a conscious process. i think we're unconsciously attracted to people who "cover our gaps," so to speak. the union increases the survival chances of each partner and even offspring, if you really think about it, in a world where predators are checking the fences for inconsistency.
    I will agree to this and I only realised later why I wanted to find a clone of someone I was close with. Only to find out later that she was an ESFP. So I felt either instinctively or subconsciously drawn towards her, without knowing about MBTI in the first place.

My opposite functions, weaker functions? Yeah, I am thinking not really.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    EII

I find myself seeking the approval of xxTx often, but I can never make it work. My F is too strong, I guess - I ultimately find them too cold to pursue a relationship with.

I've never dated another xxxJ, but the "P" in my past partners has always caused problems. I do enjoy my relationships with extroverts more than my relationships with introverts, though... maybe my ideal partner would be ENFJ.