User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Se doms are able to draw me in assuming their Se manifests in a physical manner. It can be very attractive to me. A big issue is if they mentally can't keep up with me. The biggest issue is most ESFP's I have met, we have very few common interests. If we do, we usually don't match in the areas. What I love most about ESFP's is they are able to draw aspects out of me that I don't usually like to (such as being competative, playful, and spontenious). I in turn can help ground them and get them to focus and not need to be constantly moving. So there is a ton of potential.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I like some overlap, myself. A couple of functions different, a couple the same, but different order. I like nerds who know interesting things and are funny. My husband is an INTP and I'm fairly smitten with him, except when he wakes me up. I don't like anybody who wakes me up no matter how much I like them when they aren't waking me up.

I don't dislike ESTPs, but I'm not especially attracted to them, either. Like, they can be fun to play with but I want to go home with my quiet, self-contained nerd. But I have a strong need for predictability because of my particular insecurities.
    Yeah, I could also see myself having decent chemistry with an ENFP, as opposed to just an NTJ or SFP.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Yeah I gotta be able to do my thing. Te and Si bog me down and even make me feel incompetent at times.
    I can see where you're coming from when it comes to ETJs...I'd say my interest in ENTJs is mainly from afar, although my limited experiences with a few well-balanced ENTJs (including a professor who actually self-typed as one) have been pleasant as opposed to domineering.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I can see where you're coming from when it comes to ETJs...I'd say my interest in ENTJs is mainly from afar, although my limited experiences with a few well-balanced ENTJs (including a professor who actually self-typed as one) have been pleasant as opposed to domineering.
    not sure if i know any ENTJs. i imagine they'd be too intense for me, but i'm sure i could have a good friendship with one. i usually prefer introverts or EXXPs. i don't think i could keep up with an EXXJ or even want to try. i know quite a few ENFJs and an ESTJ, who some of my best friends. i just couldn't be in a romantic relationship with any of them. same with the Si-doms in my life. they're great friends, but there's no way i could date them.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i like Ti. it challenges me, and in a positive relationship where i actually empathize with and try to understand the other person (and feel open to it because i receive the same), it helps that part of me awaken. i am also willing to ask for teaching. for me, there's a difference between that and being controlled, and there's a difference between that and simply being separated yet symbiotic. i'd like the relationship to promote growth, which starts with both qualities of relationship and my own accountability to learn and take responsibility for my own path.

Se is more difficult. sometimes i feel some chemistry, but unless i'm willing to let go of my sense of who i am more, it doesn't go very far, because the part of myself i most identify with struggles to feel truly seen. not that Ne can see it in my own terms either, but the way they can pull a rabbit out of a hat is reassuring to me that our guesses are as good as it gets, and i'm willing to give up more as a result of this and just let myself fall into it sometimes (even if i don't trust it socio-cognitively, i can sometimes trust it relationship-wise and in terms of my lust for possibilities). it works best if i try to understand the assumptions made and really then try to reflect on my experience and try to trace the path through it. it also sometimes just provides a collision of small hunches that leads me to a place that i've never been before, which is addicting.

MBTI
    yupp

when I was a kid, my friends tended to outgoing and did well in school the opposite of me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I'm really not attracted to people they represent my weaker functions. My sister is an ISFP and my mother is an ESFJ and I don't understand either of them. It seems like there is a language barrier between us. We don't have the same interests or approach to religion. It's difficult but I continue to live with them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I have a huge hard on for Te doms personality wise. ENTJs in particular. Just that decisive, "let's make every moment matter and hopefully get some fat cash in the process" attitude feels true to the person I want to be in life, so I naturally sit quietly and try to take notes in their presence. Si doms too to a lesser extent, I love their discipline and "my body is a temple," outlook on life, even if constant routine and protein shakes makes my Ne all edgy and pet lip.

If Jung's theory of the anima and individuation holds any weight, I'm sure there's an ESTJ out there that can push me towards this ideal, but until then, I'll try not be too black and white about the concept, especially when relationships are involved.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

not much. Ne is too distracted for my liking. Fe comes off as too much of a people pleaser to me. I'm attracted to people who seem to be independent of others' approval. Si... no.

ESFP represents my weaker functions. So it's a no.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I find that I get along great with ESFJs. I really like them! I assume this is because my strongest function (Ne) sort of inspires them (it's their tertiary) and vice-versa with their Fe. My aux is Ti, but it's not strong enough to be annoying to them, and their Si is not strong enough to make me feel totally inferior.

Si-doms really do make me feel like a dummy, though. I went out with this ISTJ guy who told me everything he knew about everything, and I became totally withdrawn by the end of our time together--I felt so retarded! That stuff about our inferior function making us feel inferior is totally true.