• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Types Are The Partier Types?

Atomic Fiend

ENFJs really should be higher on the OPs list, other then that, I don't see much wrong with it.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I can be a bit of a party girl, I do like parties. Gotta let out the ESFP from time to time.

I'd say that ISxJs are potentially less into parties than INxJs.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
My list was based on the following assumption.

T/F has no influence on partying.
S/N has a little influence (S over N)
E/I has a lot of influence (E over I)
P/J has the MOST influence (J over P)

However, here is my list if I switch the influence between E/I & P/J

ESTP, ESFP
ENTP, ENFP
ESTJ, ESFJ
ISTP, ISFP, ENTJ, ENFJ
INTP, INFP
ISTJ, ISFJ
INTJ, INFJ

Is this better for everyone?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
seems pretty good overall but i would definitely put the ENFJ's over the EXTJ's. both the ENTJ's and the ESTJ's have a dominant Te function. they want to finish their work! a lot of the other types would probably drop their work for a party.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've never yet turned down any invitation to any party, regardless of venue, clientele, occasion, whatever. And I always enjoy them too. Well, usually.

I'd say EP's would probably be the chief party types, possibly followed by ExFJ's, though ExTJ's might like them just as much if only for the networking opportunities, haha...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I totally like parties. My ordering:

ESFJ-ESFP
ENTJ-ENTP
ISTJ-ISTP
ESTJ-ESTP
ENFJ-ENFP
INFJ-INFP
ISFP-ISFJ
INTJ-INTP

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My guesses:

ESTP, ESFP
ISTP, ISFP, ESTJ, ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP,
ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ
ISTJ, ISFJ, INTP, INFP
INFJ

Then again, I may be biased because (I think) I'm an INFJ who doesn't like parties. I prefer more subdued ways of interacting with friends, and I don't like to deal with a lot of people I don't know, loud noise, people flailing around randomly, and... well, all that stuff.

I'd go to that sort of stuff, but I've found that if I do stuff a few days in a row I get exhausted beyond belief... I'm still recovering.

I can be a bit of a party girl, I do like parties. Gotta let out the ESFP from time to time.

Hmm... I would have thought an INTJ smarter than to do something so dangerous. I've revised my list.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Hmm... I would have thought an INTJ smarter than to do something so dangerous. I've revised my list.

Smartness and risk-avoidance are not strictly related.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
:huh: I don't understand...

That would only be possible if self-preservation isn't a priority for you.

well when it comes to risk, i can see it going either way. say i tell 2 people that if they gave me their house, they'll have a 60% chance of being a multimillionaire. assuming that what i said was true, one chose to do it, the other one thinks it's not the risk, who's smarter? i don't think i can find a distinct winner.

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
I don't think ENFJ's should be higher

Actually, the OP rang true for me.

I have an ENFP friend, an ESFJ friend, and an INFJ friend.

The ENFP is constantly organizing huge groups of people. I find it overwhelming.

The ESFJ is not as constant about it. But she has organized some big and small parties and goes to events.

I like to go to parties. But I prefer small parties and small groups as do most ENFJ's. Even in bars, I much prefer a cozy wine bar. And I would rather go to a social event that involves some sort of activity or cause for the most part. Our extroversion tends to center around things like teaching. I even prefer teaching small groups. And I need to have some down time from parties. I love togetherness with friends and with relationship partners. But that's with one person or a couple of people.

Now with that said, we ENFJ's tend to try to get along with the group. So if we are around partying friends, we may dance on the table. Or we may talk like we are as big into partying as they are. But we will not use that same talk around our less partying friends. We really are a lot more conservative in our lifestyle than others may realize.

My INFJ friend loves people but she never wants to go to parties.

I think my mom is an INTJ, and she hates parties---and people.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my ex istj loved parties and socializing in general...all the time... :/

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
From my own experience, my former ISFJ friends (careful, I am not 100% sure on their type) were all totally not open for parties; they also don't really drink I think, or not much at least. I myself am not really a party animal either (although I got some funny comment about that topic in my school leaving book by one person of which I still have to riddle about the exact meaning :)), but I have been to at least a few. I would have usually prefered to just sit somewhere with people I like and talk, but it mostly developed differently, and so I found myself dancing with people after some drinks usually. I am also not reluctant to drinking at parties, although I usually don't drink, which is because I don't want to drink alone.

My ISFP friend on the other hand was more for party, although maybe less than the E types I knew. He had also more fun at it I think than me, I didn't have always fun at those parties.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love socializing, so I enjoy parties, as long as it's not a kegger. Not a big fan of drunk strangers. And if you make me play a party game, I'll bite you and run away.

i echo this 110%

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I noticed you put INFJ's last. I would agree that my last idea of a fun time would be getting drunk and stupid. I love parties where the main idea is hanging out with friends and I also love game nights.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I noticed you put INFJ's last. I would agree that my last idea of a fun time would be getting drunk and stupid. I love parties where the main idea is hanging out with friends and I also love game nights.

Word.