4 7.55%
  • December

3 5.66%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

ENFP 7w6 so/sx. July. I'm a summer baby raised in a beach town. My inner cancer is happy.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    So, I have just read an article in a scientific magazine according to which traits such as susceptibility for depression,
    the body size, life expectancy, etc. are related to the month one is born in.
    The factor isn't actually the month of birth but the seasons one has grown up in their mother's belly.
    The author of the magazine bases this on several studies. For example the one with the life expectancy is the result of an analysis
    of 6 million registered deaths in Germany from 1992 to 2007, stating that people born in autumn and winter live longer than those born in spring and summer.

I found this quite interesting, so I want to know now, if MBTI, Enneagram or whatsoever is is also influenced by the month of birth.
    I'm sorry I can't give a link for the article, since it was published in a german magazine and you would have to buy the whole edition
    and pay an interpreter, but you get my certificate that it isn't bullshit.
    Note: This poll is public. If you haven't got your type(s) standing in your profile, please post it below.
    February, INTJ. I was always tall for my age and have grappled with depression.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

January.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

INFP type 4 so/sx April

I'm intrigued by this topic.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Socionics
    ILI

INTJ Type 4 or 8. August. Fitting since Augustus is considered to be an xNTJ.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

So this poll is only for people from the Northern Hemisphere...

INFP 4w5 born in September (SPRING)
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

March. ENFP 7. I've been struggling with depression (misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder) since I was a teen (so much for the myth of "ENFP 7s don't get depressed!" ). I was born and lived most of my life in a subtropic zone.

I've read something about susceptibility to depression being tied to birth month/season. I don't think that type is though.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I feel like this is a pile of horseshit? I see absolutely no reason what so ever how birth month could have even a slight influence on personality or type. I generally think it is a bad idea to over-extrapolate the data of research, because it often can lead one astray. If there is a link, I suspect it is really really weak. There are way more major factors that would influence personality.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but no one has said it yet.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I feel like this is a pile of horseshit? I see absolutely no reason what so ever how birth month could have even a slight influence on personality or type. I generally think it is a bad idea to over-extrapolate the data of research, because it often can lead one astray. If there is a link, I suspect it is really really weak. There are way more major factors that would influence personality.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but no one has said it yet.
    Well, about the only scientific justification for time of year effects on personality have to do with the interaction of critical periods of development with environmental effects. One could imagine that being mostly stuck indoors for the winter during a critical period for physical development might turn someone away from physical pursuits (as a highly simplified example).

Studies have, in fact, found such an effect (even though it's pretty slight). Of course, this means that such seasonal effects would offset by six months when comparing the northern and southern hemispheres (and such effects would be far more minor around the equator).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Well, about the only scientific justification for time of year effects on personality have to do with the interaction of critical periods of development with environmental effects. One could imagine that being mostly stuck indoors for the winter during a critical period for physical development might turn someone away from physical pursuits (as a highly simplified example).

Studies have, in fact, found such an effect (even though it's pretty slight). Of course, this means that such seasonal effects would offset by six months when comparing the northern and southern hemispheres (and such effects would be far more minor around the equator).
    While I can see that, I have a really hard time seeing how that could have a measurable effect on a specefic part of personality that MBTI measures. If just for the fact that even in the northern hemisphere, seasonal changes and differences vary quite a lot.

If you've seen a study, I suppose that is something. There you have it though, it's very slight. Overall I don't think it would impact the person.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari