User Tag List

Thread: ADHD or Ne?

Default ADHD or Ne?

Please watch this and tell me..is this how an ADHD looks like, or is this how Ne dominant user looks like? Because I do everything that is in this video that would mean that I am a) a terrible case uf undiagnosed ADHD, or b) just an Ne user.

I think those are all pretty much human qualities, and that the video is lightheartedly joking and shouldn't be used to self-diagnose.

In fact I don't like this video at all, ADHD/ADD is severely overdiagnosed and has been for a long time now (about 11% of children in the USA has got the diagnose) and this video perpetuates the belief that being a little scatterbrained and procrastinating things you find boring means you got a neuropsychological disorder. Keep in mind that 6.4 million kids on medication generates a lot of money for medical companies.

Yeah, people with ADHD/ADD do those things, but just because you do those things it doesn't mean you have ADHD/ADD.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Ok well I guess I don't have ADHD then, just impulsivity and hyperfocus and I don't need adderall for the latter :p

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

ADHD is the world's excuse for becoming increasingly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    Please watch this and tell me..is this how an ADHD looks like, or is this how Ne dominant user looks like? Because I do everything that is in this video that would mean that I am a) a terrible case uf undiagnosed ADHD, or b) just an Ne user.
    I can't stay seated or study. It's actually my INTP mom who always forgets schedule and misplaces stuff...and then blames it on us.

The thought of writing down a systematic schedule in a book repulses me. I just keep one significant date in my head, and when that date comes, do (thing), then proceed to next task.

Can't read a thing anymore either, it hurts.

So yeah, I'm no ADDer but I'm certainly so scattered it hurts.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Oh my gosh. It's my life. I was diagnosed with ADHD at roughly age 6-7. Took meds, mostly Concerta (Ritalin) until I was 17. Then I just kind of stopped. But, as someone with ADHD who also uses Ne, I can definitely relate.

I don't usually lose things though... But the studying thing is literally my life. I CANNOT study at home. I have to go somewhere else. It can't be too quiet, because then I get distracted by the quiet. And it can't be too busy, because then all the activity will distract me. Thankfully I have found a coffee shop that suits my needs quite well.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

ADHD and Ne are not mutually exclusive. The correlation between them is actually quite strong. The main difference is that Jung saw it as a legitimate aspect of personality while doctors saw it as abnormal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

ADHD-Hyperactive = Se-Dom

ADHD-Inattentive = Ne-Dom