User Tag List

12 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Types and micro-managing

Are there types which are more prone to micro-managing, and does any type actually like being micro-managed?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm guessing SJ's do it more often. That could be a stereotype, but it has been consistent with my (probably limited) experience.

I hate it for a number of reasons. I like to make my own decisions and learn from them. I like to be viewed as competent, and this sort of treatment I feel doesn't treat me as such. It seems to put an overall negative tone on our interaction in many cases, and I feel the person is putting themselves in a hierarchical relationship over me which I don't enjoy. I like cooperation and relating to people as equals.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ExTJs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ExTJs
    Maybe. My ENTJ ex bf would be sort of managerial, but not to the degree my SFJ relatives do. So I mean, I don't know if ENTJ's as whole are less so or my experience was somewhat different than the norm.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

ISTJs tend to get promoted to management positions and of all the Te types, are mostly likely to engage in this. Any type can do it though. I can think of one ESFP for example that was a really horrible micromanager.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm guessing SJ's do it more often. That could be a stereotype, but it has been consistent with my (probably limited) experience.
    I'll just admit it, I love to micromanage. I tend to think my way is the best way to do things (otherwise I would be doing it the best way).
    I generally don't realize how obnoxious it was until hindsight. In the moment it feels like helping. I have been actively trying to be more conscious of this lately.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Woah man. I'll tell you right now that micro-managing is a terrible issue for me. I've mostly resolved it through experience, but my natural inclination is to micromanage everything if I assume any sort of leadership position (assuming that I feel I can do well with what is involved; if I don't think that I won't do this). My brain shouts at me "MUST. EXERT. WILL.". I get sort of paranoid and panicky that if I am not directly involved in something it won't go correctly, or how I see it idealized in my head. I have to feel useful. Even if I know the others can do things well, there's an irrational feeling that they're incompetent and won't do it right. There's been several times in my life where I was in some sort of leadership position and I was ultimately trying to be the president, designer, treasurer, communcations, PR person all wrapped up into one even though I was only designated in one position. I tried to be Mr. everything. Lesson learned I try and not do that anymore, but the urge will always be there.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I will do that if its needed, but i would rather work with people who know what they are supposed to do
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

I hate it for a number of reasons. I like to make my own decisions and learn from them. I like to be viewed as competent, and this sort of treatment I feel doesn't treat me as such. It seems to put an overall negative tone on our interaction in many cases, and I feel the person is putting themselves in a hierarchical relationship over me which I don't enjoy. I like cooperation and relating to people as equals.
    Agree with all of this. As far as who likes being micromanaged, I don't know too many people who do. SJs may tolerate it better than other types- at least they may think there is a need for it at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ExTJs
    ESTJ, yes. Not so sure about ENTJ. Would their intuition make them more big picture oriented rather than focusing on little details?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    ESTJ, yes. Not so sure about ENTJ. Would their intuition make them more big picture oriented rather than focusing on little details?
    Yeah I'm wondering if Si has something to do with it. Although obviously other functions must as well, if functions can be responsible, but it does seem like Si can get way too detail-obsessed.