• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Eh ISFP or INFP

Lucker

MBTI Type
?
Hai! Well after taking millions of MBTI test i've came up with the same result INFP but for awhile ive been wondering if that was fabricated. I swear this whole idea has been eating my brain i often ask others about it but they end up being as lost as i am. I have a love for writing i swear everyone must,but its an obsession to me i often try to express myself by talking but it doesnt work. They often call me ignorant when i say what i believe in and for awhile i began to believe that. well i think everyone is ignorant (not stupid) there is so much we haven't discovered and so many unanswered questions that often keep me wondering i often think of the miracle of plants as they grow from the ground . I swear thinking is a past time to me i always hated math but i like to tinker around with numbers once in awhile im like a cat playing with catnip when i write and play with numbers when i do math i often dont even know what im doing but i play with the numbers. Forgive me my grammar is quite poor. But i enjoy facts when i was younger i wanted to become a archaeologist i wanted to understand more about the extinct animals. Sorry! I began to ramble for a while but i hope you can help me figure out whether i am a ISFP or a INFP

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I would guess ISFP

I don't know if this will help, but ... I'm thinking of the differences between two people I've known, one who is for sure INFP and who I know very well, and the other who I'm reasonably certain is ISFP (and actually, I think I knew at least one other ISFP but that was a while ago).

-Playing with numbers as you describe (hating math but playing with numbers like a cat in catnip) could be either INFP or ISFP as both have Te-inferior.

-But. Just from reading your post, you remind me far more of the ISFP than the INFP in how you write and what you think about. The ISFP I knew was very very intelligent and grounded in the physical world (Se-aux) and this part of what you wrote resonates strongly with how she might have expressed herself:

there is so much we haven't discovered and so many unanswered questions that often keep me wondering i often think of the miracle of plants as they grow from the ground . I swear thinking is a past time to me

in the context of:

I have a love for writing i swear everyone must,but its an obsession to me i often try to express myself by talking but it doesnt work. They often call me ignorant when i say what i believe in and for awhile i began to believe that. well i think everyone is ignorant (not stupid)

I think an INFP would be more word-based in the description than you are here. That sentence about plants is about something important to you, you say you are obsessed with writing, but your actual writing is a tip-of-iceberg statement expressing something deep without a lot of words for elaboration - it reminds me a lot of how the ISFP I knew would write. She had this brilliant active mind but her words tended to show only the tip or surface level of that brilliance. In contrast, the INFP I know uses words in a much more in-depth way, offering more elaborate descriptions.

I began to ramble for a while

IMO, an INFP written "ramble" would be far longer and more elaborate than what you wrote.

------------------

I think ISFPs are going to be more immediate-physically-attuned (Se-aux), with an underneath resonance of connection to a larger web or reality from that Se space (Ni-tert). The Ni-tert yields a deep resonance to whatever you feel, but Se-aux focuses more on immediate sense-based experience than the kind of elaborate descriptive use of words an INFP would show.

------------------

And I'm hesitant to say this next because it's vague and not something you can show in online posts but just in case it's useful: I think I've known three ISxPs - one ISTP and two ISFPs. All three of them had homes that felt really really good to me - safe, comfortable, good energy. It wasn't the actual places, it was what they did with them. It's like they had a way of arranging physical space and objects that just felt really good to me to be inside. I think that this feel had something to do with Se-Ni in them and Ni-Se-inf in me.

In contrast, the INFP and I share a feel of what kind of land and space feels good, but neither of us is especially good at arranging physical objects to make things feel good inside that.

Also, the two ISFPs were amazing cooks. My INFP likes to cook, and she's somewhere between good and okay at it, but the two ISFPs were almost genius level in the food they would make. And I generally don't notice things like that - to me food is food and I don't notice cooking talent. But both of the ISFPs I knew made food that even I noticed was amazingly good. I would guess that it has something to do with Se-aux again. And maybe, somehow, Se-Ni again somehow, it just felt so good and right and deep-level nourishing to me. I don't want to say that all ISFPs would be good cooks (I don't like personality trait stuff like that) but it was really striking to me, the food that the two ISFPs would make.

I don't know if there is any way to assess these things. Maybe they're just good examples of Se-aux/Ni-tert in action.

------------------

And just to note (probably obvious but): All of what I write here is very specifically from my perspective as an INFJ and assumes I am correct in typing the ISFPs. If that is correct, in my experience there's a Ni-Se/Se-Ni resonance that's happen between me as an INFJ and ISFPs. IN my case, we haven't been able to sustain long term deep connections, but the connections have been very powerful and enjoyable (at that sense-based/underneath resonance level) for me when they were happening.

entpersonal

Hai! Well after taking millions of MBTI test i've came up with the same result INFP but for awhile ive been wondering if that was fabricated. I swear this whole idea has been eating my brain i often ask others about it but they end up being as lost as i am. I have a love for writing i swear everyone must,but its an obsession to me i often try to express myself by talking but it doesnt work. They often call me ignorant when i say what i believe in and for awhile i began to believe that. well i think everyone is ignorant (not stupid) there is so much we haven't discovered and so many unanswered questions that often keep me wondering i often think of the miracle of plants as they grow from the ground . I swear thinking is a past time to me i always hated math but i like to tinker around with numbers once in awhile im like a cat playing with catnip when i write and play with numbers when i do math i often dont even know what im doing but i play with the numbers. Forgive me my grammar is quite poor. But i enjoy facts when i was younger i wanted to become a archaeologist i wanted to understand more about the extinct animals. Sorry! I began to ramble for a while but i hope you can help me figure out whether i am a ISFP or a INFP

Si with INFP - routines and nostalgia
Se with ISFP - focus on here and now and enjoyment

I would look at the Kiersey temperaments too and compare the action-oriented SPs to the values-oriented NFs.

Lucker

MBTI Type
?
i really focus more into the future, maybe there's a whole another picture in my writing which i didn't mean to represent but it ended up coming:hi: out that way that often happens when i talk to people but i actually look more into the future.:D

Cygnus

What's your speaking style? Do you speak loudly to your close friends? ISFPs tend to talk loudly if you ever get them to talk at all. ISFPs I've met talk kinda like ESFPs. If you heard them speak, you wouldn't at all believe they were introverts. They almost sound a bit sassy, kinda...in an Se way...

INFPs also talk very fast, but they sound like they're choking up their words. They'll sound kinda "perky" if you catch them in a good mood, but even then it seems like their words are in some sort of a chokehold.

Lucker

MBTI Type
?
I tend to choke up on my words , it's been a problem even when I write I choke up a bit and everything ends up coming out the way I eh the way I don't want it. It's irritating I have a thought but placing it into words is complicated. The meaning tends to become blurred by the extra details which I throw in to try to even up the understanding but that doesn't work either unfortunately :shock:

W

WALMART

What sounds better: An existence of achieving goals or an existence of existing?

Lucker

MBTI Type
?
I apoligize i feel as if my introduction wasn't really clear, not clear but ineligable. have always had a problem.with reading intructions for some reason i could never grasp a clear image of what i was being told to do, i always "read in between the lines" Hobbies: researching (theories,ideals on ontology. Lately i have been readingsomething that falls under the branch asethetics which i rarely read but it seems pretty captivating so i'll give aesthectics another go.)When i was young i wanted to be a palentologist i would walk into the science community and shock them all with my ideals i have always been naive and i still am , my phone was once stolen andF i waited to 5 minutes for them to bring it back. There is more to life than what meets the eye(i feel so cheesy for saying tht) so undercredited and unoriginal but it is true anytime i bring up that idea they zone out and i'm left talking to myself which becomes very comforting. Idont cook,draw,paint maybe thats why i seem so uncolorful to the world. I am very colorful, everyone is but some colors shine brighter than others. I research and type of history save it and make my own conclusion. A lover of philsophy and any type of philsophical,abstract, discussion. Much is spelled wrong and grammar is incorrect just to warn.

Lucker

MBTI Type
?
As i enjoy learning about my personality very introspective,also observant, and not very talkative more laidback quiet listen to music and write about nothing kind of person. I lover numerology , horoscope, zodiac, sociitoincs anything that tells you about your personality i love. Of course when i show my pears my findings they mark me naive , aloof gulliable. How can you believe this mess? How can you not believe in it ,god its so accurate? Haha quite a wisecrack here and there. I like to take long walks of solitude and think and talk about nothing. Very nonchalante i

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
[MENTION=20822]Lucker[/MENTION]. You are more likely INFP, since you don't draw, and paint,and you love abstract discussion. Painting and drawing can be ISFP hobbies and can be even further a main job.
You tell us that you like philosophy? Yes philosophy is a feeler thing. Btw, have you ever read Sophie's World?
I think you should pursue your interest in science and should seek an academic or researcher position as a career. When someone tell you that you are naive and gullible, it may be the sign that you haven't developed the Si-Te sufficiently. The tertiary function in its very nature will make you become a very observant of events of your interest. You'll easily notice pattern. When it is more sophisticated, it will be like statistical reasoning and statistics is a subject that is highly recommended for INFP like you to pursue; not just comfort yourself with the philosophical discussion.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20822]Lucker[/MENTION]
You sound INFP to me as well at least based on the primary focus on reading and literature. That is an abstraction of reality and not the literal, in-the-moment experience of it. People with strong Se could certainly enjoy reading and literature a lot, but it would be less common for it to be a primary identifying factor because it does involve sitting still, imagining, translating all of those abstracted little words into an inner sense of reality. That is one reason it is often correlated with iNtuition, although people will tend to reject those stereotypes.

I admire the act of reading and imagination, but my personal relationship to Se (which isn't necessarily defining of it, but seems like a part of it) involves walking in nature all the time, dancing, feeling overwhelm with music, and watching movies without internal expectations. There is a way I would be extremely depressed if I had to sit inside and read books all day, even if the books were amazing. The text feels tight, small, and I can't embrace it or experience in the way that really fills me like it does for other people. I may also have some ADD though.