User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default What does an INFJ look like under extreme stress (in your own words)

You can make a general assumption or story if you've known one. List of adjectives. Whatever you wish. Just in your own words as opposed to scripted things you've read would be preferred if at all possible.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I sometimes just shut down. And it doesn't have to be extreme stress. It can be extreme stress and being hungry. I start completely losing my ability to concentrate and my Se drops like a rock. Quivering puddle of melting Jello.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'm talking EXTREME stress. I've read the shadow comes out to play. Negative coping patterns etc. To be honest, I shut down (super quiet) when healthy or less stressed. I never shut down depression wise. Just more numb if I'm depressed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

What is extreme stress? Was that like when my step-dad suddenly died when I was twelve? I was really just kind of shocky off and on for months. When we were being evicted when I was pregnant and had a one year old, I think I kind of shut down emotionally out of despair and tried to just make sure my daughter had enough to eat. I kept breast-feeding her even though I was underweight and pregnant because I knew as long as she was nursing she likely wouldn't be malnourished. I haven't been in a war or anything like that.

Personally, I do just about everything in my power to avoid stress.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    What is extreme stress? Was that like when my step-dad suddenly died when I was twelve? I was really just kind of shocky off and on for months. When we were being evicted when I was pregnant and had a one year old, I think I kind of shut down emotionally out of despair and tried to just make sure my daughter had enough to eat. I kept breast-feeding her even though I was underweight and pregnant because I knew as long as she was nursing she likely wouldn't be malnourished. I haven't been in a war or anything like that.

Personally, I do just about everything in my power to avoid stress.
    I didn't mean to offend you if that is indeed the case. I wasn't intending to minimize your experience of stress. I think maybe how we cope to stress might be influenced by our enneagram type more anyhow. My apologies if whatever I said was off putting.

Try being a missionary envisioning something not becoming true or what you expect, and staying on it because you know there are rewards (Se based) that are guaranteed after you finish the two years. Then deciding it wasn't worth it (Ni fighting Se) and choose to leave. The leader scares you off if you leave and stuck being miserable with companions changing every 3 months. Then trying to find outside sources (have to break the rules of the mission to do that) and feel lonely. My situation is that I have 6 months left, and I know it's coming, but it's feeling like forever and haven't found a great stress reliever for my Se because I have an injured foot.

Having a type 9 too makes it seem like you hate conflict and have a hard time to stick up for yourself. I am very "flight" response-ish. And I have a difficult time getting along with everyone.

Sound helpful @NK258 ?

I'm going by my own experience:

I believe very very open because of leaning towards not hiding any information for desperation of help. Sometimes will hide from people unnecessarily and want some alone time but painfully yearning for friends or somebody they like. I think they start to dream very far off of what is the perfect place or person. Using Ni and Se in their negative sides never coming up to a conclusion. Feels like constantly misunderstood. 9's can get very passive aggressive, eventually where they just blow it and throwing insults feeling very 8ish.

Breaking rules just because they don't think they can find the purpose in it. Doesn't encourage others but wants other to respect his decisions. Yearning for perspectives of others so they can keep the peace. Se causes to overindulge in sensual pleasures, I overeat and get tough on myself for overeating, loose spending. 9 sx can also just want to desperately find that one and then close off communication from everyone else as their vision.

Get surprised if noticed. I usually don't think people talk to me and when they do, it can be quite uplifting. Constant pull of being different but being with everyone. Suicidal thoughts may occur too. "Maybe if I am just gone, I will be one less annoyance for everyone" Very 4ish like.

That sort of stuff.
    Last edited by Forever; 02-03-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: To explain what an INFJ is stressed and found out I am a type 4w5. Sorry! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    WARNING: Godwin's Law approaching at high speed
    Isn't it too early for that?

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I agree with the part of this discussion that focuses on enneagram over cognitive processes for the question at hand. Under extreme stress, I get extremely vigilant and can get completely focused on doing whatever I need to do to protect those I love and myself from any physical or other dangers in the world around us - enneagram 6 (eta and the 5 wing shows up in my focus on gathering as much information as I can/becoming as informed as possible as part of that response).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I get sick to my stomach, and not hungry or eat to calm that bad feelings I have, become overindulgent, need way more sleep, and become somewhat avoidant. I don't have energy left over to do anything creative or extra.

I do everything I can to avoid getting into situations like that. If it is interpersonal, I try as quickly as I can to address it directly or else get out of the situation for good if it seems that we are at an impasse.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    EII

I isolate myself, eat way too little or way too much, can never bring myself to leave the house, lots of crying jags. I basically become non-functioning.