• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Situation with MBTI

Which type would he choose?

• ESFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Murrdogg

A person said he seems to be like 3 types. One for his light side, one for his gray side & one for his dark side.

Light Side: ESFP
Gray Side: ISTP
Dark Side: INTJ

In this situation, does he pick the light side type, if he's a good person or the dark side, if he's a bad person, or does he pick the gray because we all have both dark and light? (Just my possible reasons for figuring this out.) What do you think?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would put my guess on the gray, in part because we all are shades of dark and light but perhaps moreso because it contains the most overlapping elements (2/3 I, 2/3 S, 2/3 T, 2/3 P). What I would assume he is implying is that at his best he is adventurous, observant, and generous (ESFP high points), while at his worst he is critical, insensitive, and single-minded (INTJ weak points). It seems to me those attributes could easily overlap in an ISTP. It would be interesting to hear more about how he sees this.

Murrdogg

I would put my guess on the gray, in part because we all are shades of dark and light but perhaps moreso because it contains the most overlapping elements (2/3 I, 2/3 S, 2/3 T, 2/3 P). What I would assume he is implying is that at his best he is adventurous, observant, and generous (ESFP high points), while at his worst he is critical, insensitive, and single-minded (INTJ weak points). It seems to me those attributes could easily overlap in an ISTP. It would be interesting to hear more about how he sees this.

Well, he notices he seems like characters of those 3 types. Plus, he understands everybody has a light & dark side. Everyone has potential to do good or bad, follow the light or dark paths. But he also knows that the gray side is one that exists... when he sees that he is a mix of light & dark at that time. So, its almost a question of are people good or are we all in the gray?

Alea_iacta_est

Choose whichever one is his or her natural state. Is he or she good side most of the time, bad side, or just neutral?

Cygnus

Sounds like INFJ to me. A lot of INFJs think they're extroverts because they're so centered on people.

An INTJ, or especially ISTP, probably wouldn't notice or care about a "dark side."

ESFPs don't act like INTJs. They just don't.

Octavarium

Is this guy actually being serious? If so, what exactly does he relate to about those three types?