User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I'm technically Ne-dom, but I don't really feel like an extrovert. I'm one of the mythic "introverted extroverts", and basically, I live in isolation.

Luckily, the nature of Ne is such that I find that as long as I'm interacting in some form (chatting online, doing a project, speculating on world events, etc) and switching that around a lot, I'm okay.

I do know the feelings of being pent-up, though, and feeling like I'm about to go batshit if I don't talk to someone. Basically, as an E, I do have to process externally to come to conclusions. This isn't always easy for me to do given both my isolation and the weirdness of my thoughts...so generally I just write stuff down instead.

If I get depressed, it's generally for more existential reasons ("I have no friends.... ")

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Double post.
    Last edited by Sanjuro; 01-26-2014 at 09:33 PM.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Because my ideas are so awesome, I deserve not one, not two, but three--count em THREE--posts.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Sanjuro; 01-26-2014 at 09:34 PM.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I don't know whether I'm an extrovert, but I'll take a shot nonetheless. The only reason I still enjoy solitude is because of the internet. Simple. Or books and television, when I was younger. Put me in a room without internet, books or television and I'll begin to deteriorate both mentally and psychologically. Seriously, even with my imagination, I cannot envisage being alone in a room without internet for more than 6 or 7 hours (without books and television, probably 2 hours). When I'm alone in my home and deprived of these luxuries (when I'm grounded, yes, I still have 2 more months in high school), I tend to either walk around the house introspecting or on the balcony looking at the world!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Extroverts, how do you start behaving/feeling after long periods of isolation? Do you lose energy and get lethargic, or do you turn all buzzy and anxious? How long is too long? What strange things do you do in closed off rooms during those times and what got you there in the first place?
    Definitely buzzy and anxious, sometimes lethargic. But mostly kind of hyperish, in a bad way.

Duration depends on a lot of things. If I've really recently been very social I can go awhile. I go stir crazy pretty fast though. I have a hard time staying home for more than a day. It's a bit different when I'm at school, because I move around quite a bit on campus. But, if I'm at my parents on a break I have to leave every day. Even if I'm just going to a coffee shop to read and people watch. If I have something to look forward to I do better.

When left alone I tend to skip instead of walk. If my roommates are all gone I definitely sing in the shower. If I'm starting to feel stir crazy but have no real reason to go anywhere I might have a little dance party by myself. I also watch a lot of sitcoms. I pretty much always have music playing if I'm alone.

Generally the only times I'm alone are if all the people I live with are out. Which is pretty rare, since I have 4 roommates. But when it does happen, sometimes I go to a coffee shop or something. I can't focus on homework when it's too quiet and still.

Side note: I also have ADHD, so that definitely adds my general twitchiness and need for stimulation.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I become either tired or restless depending on my mood. I need outside intellectual stimulation and I have trouble using my own thoughts to entertain myself. Ironically, it is a big reason I like internet message boards.

Though I am an extravert, I am not really a very sociable person, it is just that I cannot live inside my own head for long periods, I need external stimulation or else I feel like my brain starts going around in circles and I feel like something out of the movie "Groundhog Day". I start having conversations with myself just to keep me stimulated.

EDIT: It seems like all of us Ne-Doms in this thread have ADHD, LMAO!
    Last edited by TaylorS; 03-23-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    like EJCC said, i go back and forth. i'll get really lazy feeling, and then suddenly get bursts of energy where i feel like i gotta move around. i also feel this like great sense of opportunity when i'm alone for a long time. like i have all this glorious time to do literally whatever i want with. it's overwhelming, and i often end up with a lot of half-started projects. more often than not, i just get really into learning about something online, and go down rabbit holes like that. also, loud music. every time.

yeah, depends on the circumstances. time kinda flies when i'm alone and occupied, and i often end up feeling like i didn't get enough time to finish all of those grand ideas i had at the beginning of my isolation period. sometimes i get restless and need to take a walk or a drive though.

hah, singing and dancing is probably my strangest thing. sometimes i speak out loud, practicing spanish, thinking aloud to myself, or otherwise speaking fun or meaningful words (like practicing accents or reading poems). i dunno i probably do other weird stuff too. that's the nice thing about being alone. whatever weirdness comes up, you have the option to entertain it.
    OMG, get outta my head!!!

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't... I don't remember ever being alone for more than a few days. I didn't realize it until I read this thread.

Because of that though, I do know how I am when I need to introspect and go 'couch veggie' and dirty for a bit and have to have an audience while doing it. I'm generally pretty quiet and if I have to speak, it's short and to the point. Maybe even just a nod and 'mhmm'. I go between that end of the spectrum to small bursts of caring what they're talking about and then wrapping it up quickly.

I imagine though that if I were forced to be alone for more than a few days, I'd reach out somehow, even if it's just to read or listen to other people's ideas and answer to myself (or out loud - usually out loud). Being forced to be alone when I don't NEED to be alone generally ends with either complete laziness to the point of unconsciousness or extreme energy to the point of obsession.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Extroverts, how do you start behaving/feeling after long periods of isolation? Do you lose energy and get lethargic, or do you turn all buzzy and anxious? How long is too long? What strange things do you do in closed off rooms during those times and what got you there in the first place?
    I start having thoughts that no one cares about me and that Im a lone wanderer in a wasteland apocalypse and that one dude looked at me funny yesterday while that other fucker is trying to convince everyone that Im an idiot...

Then my friends ask me how Im doing and the sun starts shining again.