User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Hippie hand holding sounds like INFJ. My INFJ ex was the epitome of that to the max. She wanted to melt into the universe, vegan, gave out free hugs, spiritual ect. Even my INFJ dad made us hold hands for prayer. I think you have a distorted view on how INFJs are.
    ugh fine, pretend I said enfj.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post

Now to integrate, find the good in it.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Permabanned

lol happy empire? What in the world. Ok I'm out.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Hippie hand holding sounds like INFJ. My INFJ ex was the epitome of that to the max. She wanted to melt into the universe, vegan, gave out free hugs, spiritual ect. Even my INFJ dad made us hold hands for prayer. I think you have a distorted view on how INFJs are.
    Lolwut?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Lolwut?
    Applies more to the ones with social instinct.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    You are what you hate. The more you hate it, the more of an indication that it's your shadow.
    I hate too much passivity, unrealistic thinking, rigid morals. stuff like that...... is this MBTI shadow or something else?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I hate too much passivity, unrealistic thinking, rigid morals. stuff like that...... is this MBTI shadow or something else?
    The answer to that is subjective, and I don't know you well enough to know that.

But what I do know is if you find those things to be very irritating in other ppl, you have most likely projected your shadow on to them. (which in my opinion, can be broken down by all the forms of typology if we tried...MBTI, enneagram, instincts, etc... I don't think just one of those systems or even all three are expansive enought to cover all aspects of the shadow...they can certainly reveal parts of your shadow though.)

This means... if I was for example to go by your enneatype...I would say that you don't like passivity, and therefore don't think that you're a passive person. Being that you're an 8...you don't indentify with passivity...However, you integrate to 2. (One of the most passive types) It's your inner child. The thing you desire to do, but are ashamed of doing. (probably because you don't want to be vulnerable, I'm guessing.)

That's just one of your examples...like I said I'd have to know you more to know whether or not the other things you described, are shadows.

The more you don't like something in someone else...the higher the probability is that you are projecting your shadow on to them.

Freedom isn't free.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    10w12

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

This means... if I was for example to go by your enneatype...I would say that you don't like passivity, and therefore don't think that you're a passive person.
    I do feel very strongly about that yes.

Being that you're an 8...you don't indentify with passivity...However, you integrate to 2. (One of the most passive types) It's your inner child. The thing you desire to do, but are ashamed of doing. (probably because you don't want to be vulnerable, I'm guessing.)
    I wasn't aware type 2 is that passive? :O By that I mean more than just not standing up for yourself. I mean stuff like sitting all day not doing much... But yes sort of a pushover as well. I guess unhealthy type 2 can be seen as that at least.

The more you don't like something in someone else...the higher the probability is that you are projecting your shadow on to them.
    Actually quite some of that is what my father was like. I didn't really accept him as a kid. Would that be related to shadow?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post

I wasn't aware type 2 is that passive? :O By that I mean more than just not standing up for yourself. I mean stuff like sitting all day not doing much... But yes sort of a pushover as well. I guess unhealthy type 2 can be seen as that at least.
    Yea ime 2's are doormats compared to 8's. If you're talking more about sloth-like characteristics then I am not sure..2's will go above and beyond but only if they feel there is a proper reward... either way... I find that the 8's I know are secretly sloth like...its like they want to boss everyone else around so they can just sit at their desk and play solitaire...lol (doesn't mean that's you tho)

That may have nothing to do with your shadow..that's what I mean by typology not being able to encompass all of the reasons for a shadow. And its your own subjective reasons anyways...everyone's shadow is so different.

Actually quite some of that is what my father was like. I didn't really accept him as a kid. Would that be related to shadow?
    Most likely.

A shadow could be as simple as not wanting to accept that you're your parent's offspring.... you don't necessarily have to be an extreme pushover or sloth...but you may have denied these qualities as a child, and because u did they bother you more. To bring balance back to the extreme, you sort of have to accept that sometimes you can give in to ppl you like....or sometimes you do feel like doing absolutely nothing all day long...I'm sure you have days like that...if you don't then you're probably lying to yourself.

And once you accept that you do these things even once in a while....you sorta have to find a way to bring light to those qualities..or exalt those characteristics... so that you don't feel so ashamed when you do actually do them. Most of the time there is an "aha moment" that happens when u find the good in qualities you've been suppressing for so long. It's like a relief in a way for the psyche.

(This is coming from someone that took a long time to accept a little lazy inner child of their own. I was so annoyed when I read about mine...I have never been called lazy in my life! Lol)
    Last edited by Evolving Transparency; 01-28-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Freedom isn't free.
    10w12

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Yea ime 2's are doormats compared to 8's. If you're talking more about sloth-like characteristics then I am not sure..2's will go above and beyond but only if they feel there is a proper reward... either way... I find that the 8's I know are secretly sloth like...its like they want to boss everyone else around so they can just sit at their desk and play solitaire...lol (doesn't mean that's you tho)
    I meant a mix of doormat & apathetic passiveness.

Hahaha at the bolded - that's actually not such a terrible thing

Most likely.

A shadow could be as simple as not wanting to accept that you're your parent's offspring....
    Indeed I didn't want to accept that.

you don't necessarily have to be an extreme pushover or sloth...but you may have denied these qualities as a child, and because u did they bother you more. To bring balance back to the extreme, you sort of have to accept that sometimes you can give in to ppl you like....or sometimes you do feel like doing absolutely nothing all day long...I'm sure you have days like that...if you don't then you're probably lying to yourself.
    Yeah the passivity and unrealistic paranoid thinking were qualities I saw in my father. He wasn't a doormat so that's something else :P Also the rigid moralistic stuff wasn't him either, not much anyway.

I think I need to clarify the passivity thing more. I don't have a problem with resting. What I meant was more like along the lines of giving up on life and just sit and do nothing, prone to procrastination, withdrawn. That's how I saw him. Though I'm sure that it was more complex than that, this was through a kid's eyes. In enneagram he was pretty much a 5. I still don't like some stuff about 5 that's reminiscent of him...

In MBTI he was INTx something and I also don't like certain qualities about stereotypical INTx for the same reason. Specifically, too much thinking, being withdrawn/very asocial etc.

Most likely Ni-dom (sort of INTJ)... Ugh maybe I'm ESFP ha-ha :P

And once you accept that you do these things even once in a while....you sorta have to find a way to bring light to those qualities..or exalt those characteristics... so that you don't feel so ashamed when you do actually do them. Most of the time there is an "aha moment" that happens when u find the good in qualities you've been suppressing for so long. It's like a relief in a way for the psyche.
    Well that doesn't sound like an easy task lol

(This is coming from someone that took a long time to accept a little lazy inner child of their own. I was so annoyed when I read about mine...I have never been called lazy in my life! Lol)
    Heh I see