User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 83

  1. #41
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I disagree, I think that's your ego, image, identification that you would like to project. Your shadow is much more embarrassing, like you mentioned, that same creature wearing a tutu and writing poetry about its feelings.
    lmao. My shadow is an enfp then?

    I suppose its possible. Idunno in that video that @INTP posted, one of those fucking psychologists said that your shadow is indicated when someone acts in a way that is normal for them, and you get randomly angry or irritated with them. So in my case, I am spontaneously angry when I look at art by grandma moses.

    But I'm still not entirely sure how getting angry at her fucking shit is an indication of my shadow... perhaps its an indication that that aspect does not exist in my soul at all? Or that it reminds me of a great void in my existence and its painful? I get spontaneously angry at the artist "grandma moses." I want to burn down grandma moses' house and rape her children simply because her art sucks. I mean, take a look at this horse shit.



    I suppose its beautiful if you have your head wedged in your ass and enjoy sniffing the smell of your own shit.

    Does this mean that somehow I'm grandma fucking moses? Because that doesn't make sense. Maybe the way I behave when I see her art is my shadow self. The same person but irrational and abusive.

  2. #42
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    may i ask how you experience your shadow as an ENFP?
    I haven't thought very deeply about this, but I believe there is a difference between an MBTI shadow and a shadow in broader psychological terms. I do introvert in a very ISTJ way, as in I feel like a Si-dom. I want to do the things that I know already and comfort myself with familiarity and normality, and my thought becomes very deliberative.

    As for my shadow, the thing that's me that I don't want to regard... I feel that's more enneagram related. It's all about being being insignificant and uninspired.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    lmao. My shadow is an enfp then?

    I suppose its possible. Idunno in that video that @INTP posted, one of those fucking psychologists said that your shadow is indicated when someone acts in a way that is normal for them, and you get randomly angry or irritated with them. So in my case, my INFP ex who would say how "omg we're dualz its written in the stars we're are total opposites and cover each others strengths lets all hold hands and dance then watch shrek."

    But I'm still not entirely sure how getting angry at their fucking naive bullshit is an indication of my shadow... perhaps its an indication that that aspect does not exist in my soul at all? Or that it reminds me of a great void in my existence and its painful? I get spontaneously angry at the artist "grandma moses." I want to burn down grandma moses' house and rape her children simply because her art sucks.
    It's in your soul, the deal with people is that every one of us is about holding hands, singing tralala and burning down and molesting shit. A good indication of it being your shadow is that you don't think it's there. Anyway, all this golum shit has been your PR from day one, you don't rep your own shadow.

  3. #43
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    I just got this hilarious image of my head of a circle of people holding hands ranging from vikings to hippies to scientists and mole men.

    No this doesn't make sense. How am I supposed to merge with something that makes me neurotic when I try to be it?

    I've listened to sigur ros and participated in hand holding hippie rallies. At the end of the day I want to vomit and people start asking me nicely if I'd like to join them again sometime and how beautiful I am and then I start clawing my face off.

    My anima, however, is another story entirely. I'm all for hanging out in a group of close nit individuals who are completely open about their feelings and cuddling. But this mystical "lets all become one with the universe" thing that nfp's tend to masturbate to makes me ill if I spend more than a day doing it.

  4. #44
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    I just got this hilarious image of my head of a circle of people holding hands ranging from vikings to hippies to scientists and mole men.

    No this doesn't make sense. How am I supposed to merge with something that makes me neurotic when I try to be it?

    I've listened to sigur ros and participated in hand holding hippie rallies. At the end of the day I want to vomit and people start asking me nicely if I'd like to join them again sometime and how beautiful I am and then I start clawing my face off.

    My anima, however, is another story entirely. I'm all for hanging out in a group of close nit individuals who are completely open about their feelings and cuddling. But this mystical "lets all become one with the universe" thing that nfp's tend to masturbate to makes me ill if I spend more than a day doing it.
    Don't, if you're functional without it. Merging with your shadow for no reason other than discovery is a task for 4s and mystics.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    lmao. My shadow is an enfp then?
    Shouldn't the shadow of ESTP be an INFJ? So how can your shadow be an ENFP? You can't be extroverted and have an extroverted shadow as well as you can't be a Pe type and have a Pe shadow. Your shadow type use the same function as you, but in completly different order. http://personalitycafe.com/estp-foru...fj-shadow.html If you think your shadow is an ENFP, than you're an ISTJ.

  6. #46
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    lmao. My shadow is an enfp then?

    I suppose its possible. Idunno in that video that @INTP posted, one of those fucking psychologists said that your shadow is indicated when someone acts in a way that is normal for them, and you get randomly angry or irritated with them. So in my case, I am spontaneously angry when I look at art by grandma moses.

    But I'm still not entirely sure how getting angry at her fucking shit is an indication of my shadow... perhaps its an indication that that aspect does not exist in my soul at all? Or that it reminds me of a great void in my existence and its painful? I get spontaneously angry at the artist "grandma moses." I want to burn down grandma moses' house and rape her children simply because her art sucks. I mean, take a look at this horse shit.



    I suppose its beautiful if you have your head wedged in your ass and enjoy sniffing the smell of your own shit.

    Does this mean that somehow I'm grandma fucking moses? Because that doesn't make sense. Maybe the way I behave when I see her art is my shadow self. The same person but irrational and abusive.
    You are what you hate. The more you hate it, the more of an indication that it's your shadow.

    You are grandma Moses, and her art, and everyone that likes it.

    Your dream to build a happy empire kinda sounds like what one of those pics looks like to me. Just as an observer.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  7. #47
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,488

    Default

    MBTI Shadow is not the same as a Jungian Shadow. I don't believe that there is a necessarily an inclination to respond the same to cognative function shadow as it is to your Jungian shadow self.

  8. #48
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    It seems that people here dont really understand the concept of shadow..

    First of all you cant say that for example an INFP has a shadow that will rip you a new one, because that would assume that every INFP in the world tries to always be nice to everyone all the time. Type itself is not equal to the common traits that some type often has, type is about different ways of using cognition and those common traits are nothing more than traits that commonly result from some particular cognitive styles. However you can say that some particular INFP has an aggressive(or what ever word you want to use for ripping you a new one) shadow, but some INFPs are evil and know it, therefore you cant say that this evil part that will rip you a new one is the INFP shadow. Some evil INFP would have a good natured shadow.

    Ps. This thread belongs to other psychology topics section, as shadow isnt about typology
    I have only watched the first video you posted....I will get to the others too..

    But wouldn't you agree with Debbie that we all have a theme? That we all have a story?

    And if so .... doesn't typology kind of (not fully, I understand it's not always fully) identify those themes?

    There are shadows in each typology system isn't there?

    If you're an 8 you don't want to look like a 2....even though your inner child is a 2....

    Stuff like that...

    Are you saying that I'm wrong?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  9. #49
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    I just got this hilarious image of my head of a circle of people holding hands ranging from vikings to hippies to scientists and mole men.

    No this doesn't make sense. How am I supposed to merge with something that makes me neurotic when I try to be it?

    I've listened to sigur ros and participated in hand holding hippie rallies. At the end of the day I want to vomit and people start asking me nicely if I'd like to join them again sometime and how beautiful I am and then I start clawing my face off.

    My anima, however, is another story entirely. I'm all for hanging out in a group of close nit individuals who are completely open about their feelings and cuddling. But this mystical "lets all become one with the universe" thing that nfp's tend to masturbate to makes me ill if I spend more than a day doing it.
    Hippie hand holding sounds like INFJ. My INFJ ex was the epitome of that to the max. She wanted to melt into the universe, vegan, gave out free hugs, spiritual ect. Even my INFJ dad made us hold hands for prayer. I think you have a distorted view on how INFJs are.

  10. #50
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    You are what you hate. The more you hate it, the more of an indication that it's your shadow.

    You are grandma Moses, and her art, and everyone that likes it.

    Your dream to build a happy empire kinda sounds like what one of those pics looks like to me. Just as an observer.

Similar Threads

  1. Why Did Nobody Talk About The Alt-Right Until Recently?
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 02:53 PM
  2. Oh God, lets talk about God.
    By evilrubberduckie in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 07:08 PM
  3. Lets talk about healthcare
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 05:57 AM
  4. [MBTItm] We Talk About the Good A Lot.
    By ReflecTcelfeR in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 01:51 PM
  5. [NF] So my NF brethren...lets talk about you...and other general stuff
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO