User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody's expressed the opinion that it's good to try to take on a perspective that's not your own, shoot for balance, embrace and integrate all aspects of yourself, experience 'firsthand' what's 'you' and 'not you,' etc.

That, or I missed it
    I think the fact that I ignore my own humane aspects really disturbs people.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Hmm... I wonder if two types that are the same, are able to identify one anothers' shadows. Socionics says that identical relations help serve as a mirror to yourself. Or maybe that's super-ego relations? Could be why I get so furious with ENFPs. Simply being with them makes me neurotic because we see one anothers aspects that are a part of ourselves, but in being with the person we begin to realize we're not actually talking to them at all, and they communicate on another wavelength we are unaware of.
    I think so...I can definitely see it in other INTPs.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    I'm having difficulty deciding if my shadow is this unstoppable force, or a weak pathetic pussy bitch. I obviously don't want people to SEE that I'm a weak pathetic pussy bitch, but I'm well aware of it.

I am NOT, however, aware of the pure evil that my dominant 2 functions are capable of, that everyone seems to be accusing me of.

Actually, I'm starting to think a lot of my problems are due to the fact that I'm unaware of my own pure evil side. That I walk around acting like I'm not a bad guy, (cuz I'm not), and everyone is getting their pants in a jiffy over nothing.

I need to be this pure evil, but with a secret heart of gold... is what I'm hearing.
    Its a really bad idea to try to force your functions to the equation, its just going to throw you off the path to understanding this. Maybe later after you get to know your shadow you can see some connection with your shadow and functions, but trying to see shadow through functions will just disturb your thinking, because shadow isnt about your functions. Also its the inferior that is the main gateway to your unconscious, but thats just because its the least differentiated functions and thus most connected to your unconscious/shadow side. Shadow isnt a way of processing things, its more of a bias in processing things, functions are ways to process things, two completely different things. Its like one is the way in which a thing flows, one is the thing that flows.

Then few words about my shadow. First i am pretty in tune with my shadow, im not afraid of it and i let it roam free in my imagination and because i let it run free in my imagination(i do active imagination quite a bit), i can control it and still be aware of it to a pretty good degree. I dont care to write everything as it would take too much effort. One aspect of my shadow is that its really violent, i mean like cutting your throat and leaving you to die. I mean i never had to do any violence to anyone and thats not something i would want to do. The way i have learned to control this is that every time i let my mind wander to that sort of subjects, i have some really good justification to it and the imagined situation is always such that using violence is the last resort. When it comes to acting through this part of the shadow, well i never had to(few times it has been close, but thanks to my fearless attitude and razor sharp tongue, those assholes understood to back off), but i wouldnt be afraid to act violently if its absolutely needed.

Watch these videos and try to forget what most people are telling you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqecYP5TvUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrAGJEMnHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfocK7bYkes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eIcWuFVwSI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQdMugGFj-Y

http://traffic.libsyn.com/jungian/JUNG_PODCAST_4.mp3
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I think I'm understanding my own shadow. There is a sort of golem charicature that I write about in my sci fi book. A sociopathic inhuman entity that feels no pain and emotes nothing, and follows his own guidlines that are not clear to others and is surprisingly violent (the creature tends to rip out people's hearts and brains with one swift motion while moving very slowly and gracefully).

This guy right here:

Am I on the right track?

Even my current avatar is kind of symbolic of this same character, although tron is more of a hero than a villain.

Although perhaps my shadow has more to do with that same sociopathic character bumping into walls and falling down randomly, lol.

lol there are still members, who can make me laugh... it's kind of this laugh like I don't know if they are an ultimate trollers, or really mean it, but what they write is funny one way, or another.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    lol there are still members, who can make me laugh... it's kind of this laugh like I don't know if they are an ultimate trollers, or really mean it, but what they write is funny one way, or another.
    And yet when you point the finger you have 3 fingers pointing right back at you.

Permabanned

@Azure Flame
    Looks like it. Mine is like this sadistic murderous psychotic vengeful rapist. It doesn't really look like anything it just gives me the feeling like I'm squeezing down on someone's neck. It says things like - I'm going to kill you, I'm going to rape you, I'm going to destroy you, I want to hear you scream, I want to see you bleed, I'm going to terrorize you, I'm going to take everything you hold dear, I'm going to make you pay, I will go to the ends of the earth find you even if it takes my whole life. Then I can turn it on my goals and it's like my goals get destroyed they stand no chance.

@SophiaDeep
    oh hey hows it going

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10984" target="_blank">Azure Flame</a>
    Looks like it. Mine is like this sadistic murderous psychotic vengeful rapist. It doesn't really look like anything it just gives me the feeling like I'm squeezing down on someone's neck. It says things like - I'm going to kill you, I'm going to rape you, I'm going to destroy you, I want to hear you scream, I want to see you bleed, I'm going to terrorize you, I'm going to take everything you hold dear, I'm going to make you pay, I will go to the ends of the earth find you even if it takes my whole life. Then I can turn it on my goals and it's like my goals get destroyed they stand no chance.
    I'm not sure if its my shadow, but I definitely have a part of me that no one really sees that I'm trying to constantly warn people about. Especially women and fellow employees. There's a sort of rabid dog gnashing of teeth foaming at the mouth thing goin on. But that isn't really something I hide. I do it everywhere and refuse to stop doing it, and i get fired a lot at a result. Ha!

I think a lot of people see me as this:

When in actuality I feel like this picture + song:

But I don't think that's my shadow, because I'm not really ashamed of it. It just is.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I disagree, I think that's your ego, image, identification that you would like to project. Your shadow is much more embarrassing, like you mentioned, that same creature wearing a tutu and writing poetry about its feelings.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I disagree, I think that's your ego, image, identification that you would like to project. Your shadow is much more embarrassing, like you mentioned, that same creature wearing a tutu and writing poetry about its feelings.
    may i ask how you experience your shadow as an ENFP?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.