User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned

I don't know if that's your shadow but you should probably know 4s and 8s are each other inside out.

Whatever we deem evil, inferior or unacceptable and deny in ourselves becomes part of the shadow
    When I read this stuff awhile ago I tried to fully merge with my evil side. Now I'm twice the sick fuck I was before. Thanks jung.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    SFJ lost-puppy-dog. The worst part is, it rears its ugly head when I meet someone I actually like, and suddenly care a lot about pleasing the other person, even the stuff that shouldn't matter. I try and convince people that I'm a people person for some reason, because there is part of me that is obsessed with their approval, and wants to do anything to get it.
    @Azure Flame this ^ is a really good example of someone working through a shadow.

In enneagram we often are what we hate.

Same goes for a shadow.

Working through a shadow is not always easy. It requires you to acknowledge that you are doing or being the very thing you find to be weak, annoying, etc...

Once you do that you can try and find ways that those characteristics are actually useful to have.

An once you do that...those things no longer will bother you. It's actually quite librating.

In MBTI our shadow is not as apparent as enneagram, cause it doesn't deal directly with our fears all the time.

On the out side, you as an ESTP, are going to come off as a funny, go with the flow, objective, like an act then think, and aggressive kinda person...

And on the inside you're really a serious, subjective, passive, ponder then act, stagnant kinda person ...

Now if that doesn't scream inf ^

neither are bad...and Convincing yourself of that, is half the battle.

The other half is leaving time to let yourself openly be all those things.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It seems that people here dont really understand the concept of shadow..

First of all you cant say that for example an INFP has a shadow that will rip you a new one, because that would assume that every INFP in the world tries to always be nice to everyone all the time. Type itself is not equal to the common traits that some type often has, type is about different ways of using cognition and those common traits are nothing more than traits that commonly result from some particular cognitive styles. However you can say that some particular INFP has an aggressive(or what ever word you want to use for ripping you a new one) shadow, but some INFPs are evil and know it, therefore you cant say that this evil part that will rip you a new one is the INFP shadow. Some evil INFP would have a good natured shadow.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It seems that people here dont really understand the concept of shadow..

First of all you cant say that for example an INFP has a shadow that will rip you a new one, because that would assume that every INFP in the world tries to always be nice to everyone all the time. Type itself is not equal to the common traits that some type often has, type is about different ways of using cognition and those common traits are nothing more than traits that commonly result from some particular cognitive styles. However you can say that some particular INFP has an aggressive(or what ever word you want to use for ripping you a new one) shadow, but some INFPs are evil and know it, therefore you cant say that this evil part that will rip you a new one is the INFP shadow. Some evil INFP would have a good natured shadow.

Ps. This thread belongs to other psychology topics section, as shadow isnt about typology
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

when I think about this too hard I start to think I'm an INFJ, lol.

In other words, it is quite within the bounds of possibility for a man to recognize the relative evil of his nature, but it is a rare and shattering experience for him to gaze into the face of absolute evil.["The Shadow," ibid., par. 19.]
    oh my god this is SOOO FUCKING EPIC! haha, so awesome. I think this is what happened to me yesterday in meditation. I listen to music and spoke to relatives, and I suddenly see why my independant thought disturbs people.

There are many people in my life who talk to me like I'm chigur from no country for old men.

I want to experience my own shadow more often. Its so epic.

I think I actually increase the appearance of my shadow when no one sees it. No one recognizes it.

Also for some reason INFJs love it when I tell them how they're slutty trash whores. lol.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Is it possible that people fear my shadow and don't want me to realize it because they know I will become obsessed with it?

Is it possible that INTJ hate me because my avatar and lifestyle represents something they repress within themselves?

My INTJ brother talks to me like I'm unicron, destroyer of worlds. And its blows my mind. I think he spreads this fucking filth to the rest of my family, I have a lot of people in my family lecturing me and "reminding me" about morals on earth and the value of other humans, which to me is retarded because these are all things I already value, but perhaps they don't see it?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    when I think about this too hard I start to think I'm an INFJ, lol.

oh my god this is SOOO FUCKING EPIC! haha, so awesome. I think this is what happened to me yesterday in meditation. I listen to music and spoke to relatives, and I suddenly see why my independant thought disturbs people.

There are many people in my life who talk to me like I'm chigur from no country for old men.

I want to experience my own shadow more often. Its so epic.

I think I actually increase the appearance of my shadow when no one sees it. No one recognizes it.

Also for some reason INFJs love it when I tell them how they're slutty trash whores. lol.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

yeah i think my intj brother is having a tyler durden moment. I'm pretty fucking sure that's what is happening right now. I wonder what would happen if I said, "I am you."

Stansmith

yeah i think my intj brother is having a tyler durden moment. I'm pretty fucking sure that's what is happening right now. I wonder what would happen if I said, "I am you."

Permabanned

Is it possible that people fear my shadow and don't want me to realize it because they know I will become obsessed with it?
    Sounds like if you merge with your shadow you are going to alienate everyone in your life.