• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jung on Ni-doms: "y'all a bunch of crazies."

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who is this raptor person and what is he babbling about?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Who is this raptor person and what is he babbling about?

He used to be just kinda weird/insane, but over the last month or so he seems to have gone completely off his rocker.

No one takes him seriously -- he's a total schizo (magical thinking style) -- but he's a good kid and can be hilarious.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
:) I may be crazy, but I am happy being that way.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I recently encountered some Ni doms, and it seemed like whenever they try to talk to me I can't quite make sense of what they're saying, like I hear the words and it sounds intelligible, but my mind just crashes and burns trying to put together a response.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I recently encountered some Ni doms, and it seemed like whenever they try to talk to me I can't quite make sense of what they're saying, like I hear the words and it sounds intelligible, but my mind just crashes and burns trying to put together a response.

Yes, this is what it looks like when talking to some people.

There's a guy I work with who's either an ESFJ or an ENFJ (I originally thought the latter, but have begun to think it may be the former [in part, due to his reactions, as I know and have worked with ENFJ dudes, and they seem to grasp what I'm saying much more easily]), and, well, it's not just the Ni, but the Te as well, but, when I do what I do, and wrap everything up in a nice NiTe bow, and deliver it, the look on his face is like... it's like a fastball just blew right by him, and he's standing there in the batter's box, looking down, with the bat in his hand, but has completely forgotten where he is or what he's supposed to be doing. After a few seconds, he snaps back to reality, and says whatever he was likely thinking about before (possibly augmented, to some extent, by what I said, but often not seemingly too much, and, when it is, not seemingly too conscious of exactly how, why, or to what extent).

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ when speaking to groups, it's interesting as well. For one, there's this element of familiarity and credibility that seems very important. It's like, as an Ni dom, the more ethos you have built up with the group, the more receptive they will be to you. Not uncommon, by any means, it's one of the three classical means of rhetorical persuasion, but, for Ni doms, because we can sound to others so mysterious and odd, I think people will tend to just write us off more if we haven't built up our ethos within the group. As ethos builds, tho, over time, and as members of the group have begun to notice things about you, about how you operate, about how you do actually seem to know something, to see something, that others often don't see, as you begin to have a track record among the group, proving to them that you know your shit, then you start feeling this effect, when you talk, wherein, after finishing whatever it is I have said, I feel this kind of, I dunno, calm reflection, consideration, kind of a sitting and listening, almost meditative, quality, pass and flow over the audience, almost like the words are still sinking in, and having their effect, for several seconds (and maybe longer) after I finish. It's interesting. Cuz I get so lost in my own world, when something like that is going on, I can tend to lose so much sight, of what's going on around me, listening intently, to my inner perceptions, and evaluations, that this sort of schism develops, between me and the audience, not in that there are not ways in which we can be connected, even to a phenomenal degree (if I'm doing it right [musical interlude: here]), but there's still this fog that forms, between me and the audience, as I lose sight of them, and focus on my inner world. As I get on a roll, I might start to make individual connections in the audience, or, if my speech is long enough, and I start feeling that the connection is there, that I've got them, then I might all of a sudden become very in tune with the audience, very connected, with the fog lifted, as I have now successfully opened myself up, and let them in, and they're all captivated, and now we're all one, and I can just speak to them as I would to myself. But, yeah, it can be an odd thing being an Ni dom and speaking to others.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] at least it's not just me then :)

How do you fare in job interviews, before you've had a chance to build up an ethos?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

How do you fare in job interviews, before you've had a chance to build up an ethos?

Extremely well

My resume builds up an ethos

The conversation is all about profession, and I do better when there is a set topic, a set goal, we are trying to achieve

Where I flounder more socially is where there's no topic, no goal - just bullshitting. It leaves my mind relatively blank, and my natural reaction time to constantly be coming up with things on the fly is not that of an ENTP. I have been called witty enough times that I must be capable of doing something right, and, in rare occasions (once or thrice a year at most) I can actually adopt an EP persona (whether it's ENTP or ESFP I'm still not sure) that comes off very naturally, and then I am actually very quick-witted, but, for the most part, having to come up with witty banter about random topics that are just flyin around, and having to intake all the various social cues going on, just seems to require a certain speed and kind of processing that my normal mode of functioning, Ni, is not naturally inclined to. I can go into a meditative state on command, and, when I get going, wax poetic or tear an opponent to pieces in a debate, when there is a single topic of focus that I am knowledgeable, or feel strongly, about, but just spouting random bullshit about random topics about which I don't necessarily have particularly strong feelings or thoughts is not my forté.

And I'm extremely good in one-on-one, or two-on-one, situations

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

When it's written down, like in my responses to you, or in my other posts, if you ever read them, does what I say make more sense? I know you haven't ever heard me in person, but perhaps just in comparison to those Ni doms you have heard in person. Does your understanding of/reaction to what I write differ from your understanding/reaction when you hear them speak?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When it's written down, like in my responses to you, or in my other posts, if you ever read them, does what I say make more sense? I know you haven't ever heard me in person, but perhaps just in comparison to those Ni doms you have heard in person. Does your understanding of/reaction to what I write differ from your understanding/reaction when you hear them speak?

Your writing is easy to understand. For Ni users in general I think my brain is looking for discrete chunks of information and I have trouble parsing it because I see it all running together. Like I'm waiting for one point to end before the next, but that never happens. Reading it is easier because I can go back and double check things.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Your writing is easy to understand. For Ni users in general I think my brain is looking for discrete chunks of information and I have trouble parsing it because I see it all running together. Like I'm waiting for one point to end before the next, but that never happens. Reading it is easier because I can go back and double check things.

Ahhh, that makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I feel like we sort of weave together tapestries, and all parts of what we say help form that tapestry.

So, that blending of it all together, which I definitely feel myself do, lacks the "discrete chunks" you're looking for...

Interesting. And makes sense...

In light of that, what do you think we should do?

I mean, from my end, I find the way we weave these tapestries our essential gift we bring to the table.

So I don't know if stopping doing that would be the right answer; what do you think?

Last edited:

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti reaction to Ni picture:

Ni - "The myths are an storehouse of infinite knowledge. They speak of the Midgard Serpent lying at the bottom of the see. He encircles the globe and when he moved great earth trembles cause terrible convulsions. Most believe this is just a tale, but the ancient knew of his existence at the bottom of the oceans. Now, with modern technology, we can see for ourselves that the Myths were true--he does exist. But how did primitive Norsemen know of this great belt of fissions at the bottom of the oceans? Perhaps they were not primitive as most people think they were? Did they have knowledge passed down to them from thousands of years earlier, in a time when their ancestors had built an advance civilization, more advance than ours' today? But when it collapsed, their knowledge were encoded in Myths passed down from generation to generation? Take a look at the maps once more and think about it."
72939_528476090528095_54038079_n.jpg

Ti - "It is funny and might be an interpretation of the myth into modern cosmology we can use today, but the thing about “advance civilization, more advance than ours' today” are at best silly and a little insulting to our ancestors, who did amazing things with the technology available to them. Notice that the map is manipulated. The ridges at the west coast of Greenland are very small and not active anymore and in the pacific there is no ridge along the Californian coast and along Aleutian Islands. If they decided to take island arcs at destructive plate boundaries, then there are plenty of more places that need to be included in the serpent.

This is the worst example you could have come up with, the supposed Ni dom sounds moronic. Factual errors galore, magical thinking with no evidence to back it up...:notype:

In reality, Ni-dom and Ti-dom debating a concrete topic look very, very different.

Ni-dom makes a bizarre claim.
Ti-dom knocks it down logically.
Ni-dom doesn't see his or her claim as "bizarre," but sees logic as a less important than 'reality.'
Ti-dom gets annoyed and starts badgering Ni-dom.

Never experienced anything remotely like it in my life. Again, Ti doms are painted as the logic reasonable people against the pie-in-the-sky Ni doms :bored:.

Not at my house. :laugh:

Neither in mine. My mom it's an INTP and I'm the one who's always pointing to the most logic conclusion.

I am Ni aux, but a lot of what comes out of my mouth is way too abstact for others. It's too 1,5,7,10, then bam, conclusion....Where most people need to go through 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 to get to 10 and then the conclusion.

I can see something finished before anyone else can. If they have not had the real life experience to prove that it will work, they don't believe me. It's a matter of preference in the end though.

Cause I am willing to sacrifice the now, for the later. Big time. Where others prefer not to do that. That's where most of my goals sound unmanageable to others. But not to me, cause the long term vision is so much stronger than short term.

I think even on here, at TypoC, my posts are misconstrued. (Mostly cause I'm always in a rush but...)

I do try to clarify my ideas with examples though. That is the most practical way that I can explain anything, so that everyone's on the same page.

"Abstract" is a fitting term.

Ni doesn't exist. Sorry.
But continue with your attempt at self awareness. eventually you'll outgrow self obsession, and typology will fall away naturally. :shrug:

Yeah it doesn't. We're all experiencing a collective hallucination.

I blame Myers wrongly equating N with intellectualism for this BS, there are plently of S intellectuals. Jung typed both Darwin and Aristotle as ESTJs. The Scottish Enlightenment philosopher David Hume was almost certainly an ESFP. On the flip side, I have a new co-worker who is almost certainly an INFJ and she is not at all intellectual.

No lies detected.

The plethora of Ni doms on this site is woeful.

Poor soul.

That's commom occurence between INxJ's and Fe doms. It's also pretty funny.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extremely well

My resume builds up an ethos

The conversation is all about profession, and I do better when there is a set topic, a set goal, we are trying to achieve

Where I flounder more socially is where there's no topic, no goal - just bullshitting. It leaves my mind relatively blank, and my natural reaction time to constantly be coming up with things on the fly is not that of an ENTP. I have been called witty enough times that I must be capable of doing something right, and, in rare occasions (once or thrice a year at most) I can actually adopt an EP persona (whether it's ENTP or ESFP I'm still not sure) that comes off very naturally, and then I am actually very quick-witted, but, for the most part, having to come up with witty banter about random topics that are just flyin around, and having to intake all the various social cues going on, just seems to require a certain speed and kind of processing that my normal mode of functioning, Ni, is not naturally inclined to. I can go into a meditative state on command, and, when I get going, wax poetic or tear an opponent to pieces in a debate, when there is a single topic of focus that I am knowledgeable, or feel strongly, about, but just spouting random bullshit about random topics about which I don't necessarily have particularly strong feelings or thoughts is not my forté.

And I'm extremely good in one-on-one, or two-on-one, situations

I relate to this a lot actually.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the worst example you could have come up with, the supposed Ni dom sounds moronic. Factual errors galore, magical thinking with no evidence to back it up...:notype:

Please stop responding to my posts.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please stop responding to my posts.

Please stop posting such poor representations of my lead cognitive function that I have no choice but to comment on. Or put me on ignore.

Also, good to know I wasn't wrong about INTPs at all. Very touchy.