User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

To here knows when... Odi et Amo's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Jung always seemed like an Ni-dom to me. Quotes like these -
    "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
    "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being."
    "In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."
    "All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination."
    "It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves."
    "When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate."
    "We should not pretend to understand the world only by the intellect. The judgement of the intellect is only part of the truth."
    "Man's task is to become conscious of the contents that press upward from the unconscious."
    "Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable."
    Solitude
    Comes just as it goes
    Goes as just its umbra
    Comes

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
    ― Albert Camus

4w5/5w4/1w2, Neutral Good, RlxAI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I agree he definitely had Ni either in dom or tertiary. The crux of his work seemed to be in identifying the underlying pattern of symbols in outwardly different cultures, and he was assuredly an introvert.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^Yep, he described himself in a way that would, under current JCF labels, be called ISTP. (Tertiary Ni is right.) He was unequivocally Ti dom though; he said this about himself over and over and over.

Which is why it's so funny to point out to elitist N-supremacist douchebags that the guy who came up with all this stuff was a dreaded "Sensor"!

Good to be back, btw.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Odi et Amo View Post
    Jung always seemed like an Ni-dom to me. Quotes like these -
    Just for fun, my take on these quotes as related to Ni:

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
    Maybe

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being."
    More likely, but could also be sourced in something unrelated to cognitive processes.

"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."
    That seems like it could be Ni to me.

"All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination."
    Not Ni, IMO. But see also the comments on the final quote.

"It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves."
    Possibly but possibly not. Depends on the context and what he actually meant with those words.

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate."
    Seems like a generic psychological type of comment, not obviously linked to Ni.

"We should not pretend to understand the world only by the intellect. The judgement of the intellect is only part of the truth."
    Congruent with Ni, but could come from anywhere - the context, would be important here. (also, what did he say were the other parts of the truth? That would be part but not all of the context)

"Man's task is to become conscious of the contents that press upward from the unconscious."
    Maybe, but could also be more generic from his specific context as a psychologist and what that meant.

"Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable."
    I really don't associate Ni with imagination/fantasy, though in a cultural system where that layer of reality is (incorrectly IMO) considered unreal, it could happen. Assuming, of course, that these words refer to that which is not real. He may have meant something else by those words that may make it more Ni-ish.

Anyway, this is just me playing/thinking out loud.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^Yep, he described himself in a way that would, under current JCF labels, be called ISTP. (Tertiary Ni is right.) He was unequivocally Ti dom though; he said this about himself over and over and over.

Which is why it's so funny to point out to elitist N-supremacist douchebags that the guy who came up with all this stuff was a dreaded "Sensor"!

Good to be back, btw.
    I can align with this too. There are times when you watch him on film, where he does give me that Ni feeling ... but then it vanishes. Ti really predominates. I would guess IxTP over Ni dominant.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Odi et Amo View Post
    Jung always seemed like an Ni-dom to me.
    "Unfortunately I take little stock of new theories, as my empirical temperament is more eager for new facts than for what one might speculate about them, although this is, I must admit, an enjoyable intellectual pastime."

— Carl Jung

"It cannot be overemphasized that Jung is above all an empiricist."

— Jalonde Jacobi

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Good to be back, btw.
    Good to have you back, man.

Now, let's keep it that way.

p.s. I win.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

There's no Way at the bottom of Earth that Jung was a sensor. The ISTP Ti-Ni loop theory (for Jung's type) is like navigating the poop being excreted from the butt of a Snorlax, because his jelly-roles are for big-boys, not the tiny donuts as outlined by sensors.

There's plenty of people who are Ns very much in touch with physical Existence. For reference, I see Stephen Hawking as an INTJ, and his Worldview is extremely mechanical. Jung was actually an INFJ most likely, since he was very connected to the metaphysical ends of the World (this can apply to an INxx type of course, though INxJ in particular). I'm calling him a feeler, as an INTJ it seems would be more focused on building, whereas he tries to find the center of things.

Ultimately, INFJs and INTJs can play the role of "Prophet", but the NF Prophet is more of a seer, and the NT is more of a wizard. A seer gets a psychic grasp of how harmonies radiate, and a wizard Creates outlines that brings Worlds into Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ultimately, INFJs and INTJs can play the role of "Prophet", but the NF Prophet is more of a seer, and the NT is more of a wizard. A seer gets a psychic grasp of how harmonies radiate, and a wizard Creates outlines that brings Worlds into Vision.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    I've always imagined INFJs as clerics and INTJs as mages...one deals with the metaphysical\spiritual, and the other with physical\material...

Don't know enough about Jung though... but based on what I've been reading about his work on anima\animus and shadow etc., I guess his deductions would require a troubled persona and a strong Ni introspection to gaze on different fragments of self...

He reminds of an ISTJ here though...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Good to be back, btw.
    I blame Myers wrongly equating N with intellectualism for this BS, there are plently of S intellectuals. Jung typed both Darwin and Aristotle as ESTJs. The Scottish Enlightenment philosopher David Hume was almost certainly an ESFP. On the flip side, I have a new co-worker who is almost certainly an INFJ and she is not at all intellectual.
    Autistic INFP