User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Type and Job Interviews

Hello there,

Quick question, I am looking for a job at the moment. One thing I'm finding myself doing after interviews is thinking about what my interviewer's type is, and how that would affect the kind of person they look for.

Do you think there are types that are more likely to look for people they think are like themselves? Do you think some types make better interviewers, are more fair, better at recognising potential, or objective etc?

How do you think interviewer and interviewee personality type affects someone's likelihood to get a job?

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Well this is a pretty pointless question...

unless the person is really stereotypical example of a type.

Because if not, then how do you type them reliably from only a few facts available to you? Then that would essentially mean that you take a few randomly observed facts and make a really really big logical jump to the conclusion that they'll be more likely to do this or that because of type. No, it doesn't work like that, those few pieces of facts contain very little information so you cannot guess that far about the person's tendencies in unrelated areas.

(And then I didn't even go into the issue of how there's probably pretty low correlation between type and ways of interviewing etc, low enough to be not very reliable for anything)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Well this is a pretty pointless question...

unless the person is really stereotypical example of a type.

Because if not, then how do you type them reliably from only a few facts available to you? Then that would essentially mean that you take a few randomly observed facts and make a really really big logical jump to the conclusion that they'll be more likely to do this or that because of type. No, it doesn't work like that, those few pieces of facts contain very little information so you cannot guess that far about the person's tendencies in unrelated areas.

(And then I didn't even go into the issue of how there's probably pretty low correlation between type and ways of interviewing etc, low enough to be not very reliable for anything)
    There's literally no such thing as a pointless question... you can disagree if you like but you don't have to be rude about it. It's up for discussion.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by alphashallows View Post
    There's literally no such thing as a pointless question... you can disagree if you like but you don't have to be rude about it. It's up for discussion.
    Have you bothered to read any further than the first line?

There I explained why I disagreed.

Don't say anything until you actually read my whole post.