User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 37

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    hey chanaynay if kelly clarkson wanted to have sex with you would you turn her down

  2. #12
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    hey chanaynay if kelly clarkson wanted to have sex with you would you turn her down
    Well I don't go for women so...yes.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #13
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    hey chanaynay if kelly clarkson wanted to have sex with you would you turn her down

  4. #14
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Haha yeah I was like ?????????????????
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  5. #15

    Default

    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

  6. #16
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chancelade View Post
    Fair. Still, the fact that MBTI does not correspond perfectly to the real world does not mean that one cannot mistype oneself because of whatever he/she feels atm. I think people have a tendency to attribute more meaning to their type than necessary: if you think your thought processes correspond more to ISTP than, say, ISTJ, and you're wrong, that could prove to be problematic, especially if you "over-identify" with your ISTPness. Do you understand what I'm getting at?
    Yes, I do. You are wanting to talk about the problems of type. I agree with you that this is a pitfall. However, I would say the reality of the pitfall is more in overidetifying with typology, period, rather than overidentifying with a certain type.

    The theory itself isn't stable; to some degree it's a moving target. And there is no real proof that our MBTI preferences do not morph significantly enough over time to merit a change in 4-letter type. It has already been demonstrated that people's Big 5 scores do change reliably with age.

    This does not necessarily address the potential problems of typing someone. You might've just got lucky that your "tactics for INTPs" worked.
    Sure. For what it's worth, I think my typing of INTP of my dad is as accurate as possible and he agrees.

    My question is whether it's worth it at all, and whether the possible problems can outweigh the potential benefits. My answer to the second question in the topic's title is "yes", but I'm interested in your opinions.
    Interesting; I would assume otherwise based on your personal policy. My answer is yes as well because I see type as a tool, where its worth to me is defined by how much closer it brings me to my goals. Overall, my experience has been that typology has brought me a richer understanding and appreciation of myself and others, and has improved my relationships with the people closest to me. But I have fallen prey to its pitfalls, too. I have had short periods and events in my life where I have struggled to leave the paradigm of type, and as a result I have periodically pulled myself away from the theory. I enjoy it but I have no desire for it to eclipse my thinking, which I believe is its main danger. I think people have to consciously regulate their thinking, kind of a meta-awareness of perspective. Ultimately I see type like money... it's useful because it allows us to shortcut through the realities that take up resources. But the danger is in mistaking understanding type for understanding people, just like it's in assuming that money is directly conducive to what we want.

    If someone doesn't have the awareness and self-control to regulate themself, then the exchange isn't worth it. But if they can - and I think we all can - then it is.

  7. #17
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    I don't get it.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I don't get it.
    Bill Clitton likes them with a few extra pounds.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

  9. #19
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Bill Clitton likes them with a few extra pounds.
    Oh I see. I generally don't pay attention much to her appearance because you know...she's a singer.

    /stops derailing thread
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Oh I see. I generally don't pay attention much to her appearance because you know...she's a singer.

    /stops derailing thread
    I think the paparazzi made a big deal about her putting on some extra weight a few years back? I dunno, I don't watch TMZ type shows but it was an internet meme for a little while.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Similar Threads

  1. What type do you see the person above you ending up with?
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 468
    Last Post: 03-11-2016, 05:12 PM
  2. How do you see the world with happy eyes?
    By Anew Leaf in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO