User Tag List

123 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Why do you or do you not put your MBTI type on your TypoC profile?

I like it when people list their MBTI type on their profile. It helps me better understand where they're coming from when they post. In fact, I wouldn't mind if TypoC required all members to list their type.

Nonetheless, I've noticed a lot of people on this forum leave off their MBTI type entirely.

Why do you or do you not put your MBTI type on your TypoC profile? What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing this?
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

It had a box for it... It's a forum based on personality inventories, seemed logical to provide it in my profile.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i put mine because i remember when i first joined and was learning about types that it helped me get a sense of the different vibes of the different types. it was cool to realize that i could "read" the persons type by their phrasing n stuff.

i think it's helpful and i'm nothing if not helpful.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I figure the spaces to list type are for identifying oneself to others if one chooses to do so... which can be a convenience both to oneself and others or a detriment both to oneself and others, depending on its accuracy...

I do appreciate when others include some descriptors, because it's inherently interesting to me, but I don't mind if it's not the standard all-caps 4-letter MBTI code... settling on one's type identification can be a process and, after all, it is ultimately theory, and not something that will ever fit perfectly. What if one feels much more in tune with their enneatype than MBTI type? I would rather let each person attempt to illustrate themself with some loose guidelines than force a strict standard.

My own current labels are based on what I perceive to be most accurate for myself.
    Last edited by skylights; 01-06-2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: clarification

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i put mine because i remember when i first joined and was learning about types that it helped me get a sense of the different vibes of the different types. it was cool to realize that i could "read" the persons type by their phrasing n stuff.

i think it's helpful and i'm nothing if not helpful.
    Same here. Even considering that many were wrong, people displaying their types was one of the major perks of this forum when I first joined. It's kind of a shame that most of the types people display these days are dirty, dirty lies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I've listed it on and off, off because of the potential for stereotyping and stuff. (Now I don't care. It's an internet forum.) I agree with you, and it also helps me better understand the types.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    In fact, I wouldn't mind if TypoC required all members to list their type.
    Yeah, that wouldn't work.

I have taken it on and off. When I was unsure and stuff. I also had it listed as awsm for a bit. It is better in some ways for people to take you at face value.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sometimes in the past I would leave it off until a bunch of people started bashing INFJs, and then I decided to keep it there out of spite.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I don't use people's listed types to judge them or discredit anything they may say, it helps me get an overall sense of the similarities and differences of people with the same type. Very often someone will have the same type as me and share a point of view or experience that I really relate to.

I have mine listed because its a typology forum and anybody who's going to negatively judge me based on a bunch of arbitrary letters and numbers isn't someone whose opinion I value very much anyway.

I have considered changing my listed type to something else as a social experiment though