User Tag List

First 45678 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    And for just as long, I've been told I'm "atypical" because I'm fairly healthy and well-adjusted. To be honest, I joined to prove a point, and I've been proving that point ever since.
    It's great when a member of a particular type comes across as a c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker. An ESTJ who has an open mind? Unpossible!

One can drill good, solid lessons into others' heads by simply existing. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    A definition of typology: A system used for putting things into groups according to how they are similar.
    The MBTI is one way to categorize people; it's not the only way.
    On that note, I'm an advocate for allowing more typology labels on the lefthand side under out avatars. There are many, many systems out there that we gloss over. We could stand to expand our general knowledge of typology by having other systems stare us directly in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Or (arguably) worse and far more common, "you don't fit my (narrow) view of what type X is...you are clearly delusional and mistyping yourself!!!"
    "Pff, you're in an unhealthy Ni-Fi loop. I'ma dismiss everything you say."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    On that note, I'm an advocate for allowing more typology labels on the lefthand side under out avatars. There are many, many systems out there that we gloss over. We could stand to expand our general knowledge of typology by having other systems stare us directly in the face.
    Me too. Then I'd have more room for other things in my signature!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I list it when I feel like it, which isn't all the time.

It's much, much less representative of me than my Enneagram type, which I do list. In fact, in looking back at my old "type me" threads, overall member consensus about my MBTI type has changed several times. I tend to believe that a listed MBTI type would actually misrepresent me.
    This
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Most people here know my type by now. I enjoy occasionally tinkering with it, though I'll list it most of the time.

I keep the enneagram as that one is newer, less discussed and perhaps less obvious about me.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

garbage

I also believe pretty strongly that we conflate many different systema. Despite their common rooting in Jung's types, the details differ with each perception, and these perceptions are different enough to warrant splitting into their own models. Some overlap more than others.

Jung describes four functions; then drills down to types by describing introverts and extraverts, then introverted/extraverted rationals and irrationals, then eight type descriptions. That is, he views Intuition as a function, Extraverted Intuition as a way the function is used by an Extravert with Intuition as his dominant function. He describes eight types: essentially, classed by dominant function (Ne, Te, Si,...). He mentions also that, say, the Ne suppresses thinking, feeling, and sensing, the last of the three repressed the most. Done.

MBTI breaks types down further, with the assumption that each of Jung's types can be split into two, with one each having a secondary function that is opposite to the dominant in both rationality and attitude (I/E).

The official MBTI assessment, CPP, measures one's preferences for E over I, T over F, S over N, and a fourth dichotomy similar to but not equivalent to rationality/irrationality. The test is trait-based, but meant to be an indicator of one's true type. Its result is often used in tandem with a professional to help the respondent make sense of his results. Overall, this whole thing places much more emphasis on the (now) 16 types than on the fumctions from which they are derived. Still, this interpretation of types/MBTI turns the system into a pragmatic, trait-based assessment.

Kiersey, of course, divorces function and type much more. He's an aside, here, but he represents one perspective.

(Socionics is also another offshoot of Jung, based squarely on functions, etc.)

What some call the JCF system is sometimes used interchangeably with MBTI, sometimes not. It again emphasizes dominant and auxiliary functions as a way to arrive at type. This is the schema that we tend to use to describe and arrive at MBTI types. We talk of the ISFJ as one who leads with Introverted Sensation, secondarily adopts Extraverted Feeling, and suppresses Extraverted Intuition. Each type gets one Pi function, one Pe, one Je, and one Ji in its stacking; and one attitude each of S, N, T, and F. This is a very, very rigid overlay on top of Jung's original type descriptions, but it's the most commonly used type model around these parts.

Knowing this, through which perspective should we fill in that lil' blank? Depending, I could give you about three different answers.

(I typed this on phone. Hopefully not too full of errors.)

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I also believe pretty strongly that we conflate many different systema. Despite their common rooting in Jung's types, the details differ with each perception, and these perceptions are different enough to warrant splitting into their own models. Some overlap more than others.
    This is interesting. I think I agree with you. The systems get conflated!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

nobody can care why an infj would post the same content, when an estp can get all the lulz for the same exact kind

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have nothing to hide as far as my type goes. Stereotypes be damned.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Because I believe it’s my type? At least I hope the hell it is or I’ve been promoting the wrong tribe. Haha.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so

I don't really have a reason. I just put it there.