User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WhoCares

I love having everything I say filtered through the lens of INTJ-arseholery + type 5w6 paranoia, so that others miss my meaning completely. It makes me feel like I am interacting normally.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It invites nonverbal and occasionally direct feedback.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Enneagram
    N/A

Well, I am not sure of my MBTI type. I do like it when people post their types; it makes sense to post it if you know it. For me, I guess I could put at least something down... even if it isn't a standard MBTI type because I do have a vagueish idea, but I am too lazy to do that and if you really need to know what angle I may be coming at, MBTI-wise, you can send me a rep or something.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I like it when people list their MBTI type on their profile. It helps me better understand where they're coming from when they post. In fact, I wouldn't mind if TypoC required all members to list their type.

Nonetheless, I've noticed a lot of people on this forum leave off their MBTI type entirely.

Why do you or do you not put your MBTI type on your TypoC profile? What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing this?
    I will after I determine dominant function.

I do think it's nice to have it there and see it for other people.

The identified often leaves a creature comfortable. This partially does a disservice to the theory, given its nature.

Although, as this site is one of its 'homes', the provision of such features just 'comes with the territory'.

It also creates the potential for 'the norm', though. Whichever side overshadows, the natural reaction to deviation would be a fensive one.

I can't really be bothered and don't really feel the need to wear them like a badge. When I was on PerC I did the same though it was out of a desire to avoid suffering typism - people would approach the post via it's content and not by the type of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i put mine because i remember when i first joined and was learning about types that it helped me get a sense of the different vibes of the different types. it was cool to realize that i could "read" the persons type by their phrasing n stuff.

i think it's helpful and i'm nothing if not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Same here. Even considering that many were wrong, people displaying their types was one of the major perks of this forum when I first joined. It's kind of a shame that most of the types people display these days are dirty, dirty lies.

I'm going to temp change mine special like...for @Udog
    but the reasons you list are why I keep my own type listed. I appreciated those that displayed their type when I first arrived and imagine it being helpful to individuals new to typology and/or this site.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Because I think random strangers on the internet actually care about me.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Because I think random strangers on the internet actually care about me.
    They do. I do INFP...

garbage

I list it when I feel like it, which isn't all the time.

It's much, much less representative of me than my Enneagram type, which I do list. In fact, in looking back at my old "type me" threads, overall member consensus about my MBTI type has changed several times. I tend to believe that a listed MBTI type would actually misrepresent me.

Moreover, if the forum had a mindset of "Oh hey, this person proves that ISTJs can think out of the box" rather than "Pff, you only believe this because of your SiTe fixation" I'd be all for it--as it'd help us all out in actually understanding typology.

In short, it's a model that doesn't fit me well enough for me to bother--just as the Enneagram or astrology or Favorite Mane Six or whatever doesn't fit others.

edit: This discussion spurred me to list a thing. A very vague thing, but still a thing.