• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which types have problems with identity?

badger055

Permabanned
Ti and Fi are supposed to be linked with individualism. I know that INFJ is one. Who else?

Alea_iacta_est

Ti and Fi are supposed to be linked with individualism. I know that INFJ is one. Who else?

What do you mean by problems with identity? I am highly individualistic yet I chameleon in social situations and put on several different, unique personas.

I'd imagine it would be an Fe dom with the whole pleasing others before self aspect.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I have a real problem with identity, I can't get the fuck away from mine.

badger055

Permabanned
What do you mean by problems with identity?

People with a weak sense of self. They are empty inside. They have to look to outside sources to define them. Tend to turn to things like religion. Susceptible to group think or cult mentalities.

Alea_iacta_est

People with a weak sense of self. They are empty inside. They have to look to outside sources to define them. Tend to turn to things like religion. Susceptible to group think or cult mentalities.

I'd say any type that has Fi as the inf. function. They would externalize their sense of self because Fi is in such a weak position, and when Fi starts to develop, it might create the infamous mid-life crisis of "Who am I" and "Why am I doing this if I'm not happy?"

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Potentially any extreme extrovert type.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

ISTP. Failing that, of course, ESFJs. I tend to find it hard to tell ESFJs and ISTPs apart.

badger055

Permabanned
I'd say any type that has Fi as the inf. function. They would externalize their sense of self because Fi is in such a weak position, and when Fi starts to develop, it might create the infamous mid-life crisis of "Who am I" and "Why am I doing this if I'm not happy?"

I looked at people with Fi and Ti in the last position and I don't really see any problems there. Probably because they have access to their shadow type. Well excluding esfjs I haven't looked much into them.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I looked at people with Fi and Ti in the last position and I don't really see much problems there. Probably because they have access to their shadow type.

So, when you act like an ENFJ, what do you do? How does your inferior function of Fe manifest itself? A lot of times it kicks in when I can't make sense of something through Introverted Thinking. This happens most often in social situations.

I've found it more helpful to think about how I fit into them rather than to just dismiss others as sheep, although I have certainly done that as well.

badger055

Permabanned
So, when you act like an ENFJ, what do you do? How does your inferior function of Fe manifest itself? A lot of times it kicks in when I can't make sense of something through Introverted Thinking. This happens most often in social situations.

I've found it more helpful to think about how I fit into them rather than to just dismiss others as sheep, although I have certainly done that as well.

Mostly in the way I socialize I put my whole self out there like an enfj. Also my anger is quite intense. You have access to esfj. I don't know any ESFJs but supposebly they are big religion followers. If that's because of Si or a weak identity I don't know.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Typewise I think NFs tend to have the most hangups with identity, since it's generally an abstract and value-based concept, but some ISFPs and INTs in or near (e5) the image triad can struggle too... Regarding ESFJs... my ESFJ sp-first mother often blazes her own trail confidently... she is no sheep... but she also has less conscious self-definition than others. She doesn't focus on herself much independent of her interactions with others. So when it comes to asking about her "identity"... I think she is quite secure in herself and her values... but has not necessarily attended much to a gestalt conceptualization of who she "is".

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Types that don't find a lot of common ground with society have problems with identity. I'd say INPs are particularly susceptible. They soon realize that what feels natural to them is not well-regarded in the mainstream, yet they wish to be a part of the mainstream. As such they decide to try to fake it and try on different personalities a lot. It's easy to get lost and forget who you are when you spend 90% of your energy just trying to fit in constantly.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think.any type has the.chance at having bad identity and it has to with level of healthy more than anything else

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would posit that all types have problems with their identities, but that this tends to manifest in different ways.

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're describing fe, so...

XSFJ
XNFJ

I expect XSFJs are most susceptible to becoming religious sheep (not an insult, they call themselves that), while XNFJs are most likely to be the spin doctors running the cults.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Attachment types.

This !

INFJs are equally leaders so wouldn't exactly consider us as thoughtless sheep. (Hitler, Bin Laden and Charles Manson are examples of leaders rather than followers, wouldn't you say ?)
Dunno...interesting threat.
When I think of cult members I think of vulnerable idealists and people drawn to mysticism. So INFP makes sense to me [MENTION=4489]zago[/MENTION] ;)

But like said before : all types could have identity issues. Each sort of crisis being more typical for certain types I guess.

So let's go :D

INFP = cult member
INFJ = jezus complex
ESTJ = neo-liberalist sociopath

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

This !

INFJs are equally leaders so wouldn't exactly consider us as thoughtless sheep. (Hitler, Bin Laden and Charles Manson are examples of leaders rather than followers, wouldn't you say ?)
Dunno...interesting threat.
When I think of cult members I think of vulnerable idealists and people drawn to mysticism. So INFP makes sense to me [MENTION=4489]zago[/MENTION] ;)

But like said before : all types could have identity issues. Each sort of crisis being more typical for certain types I guess.

So let's go :D

INFP = cult member
INFJ = jezus complex
ESTJ = neo-liberalist sociopath

Are you saying that Charles Manson is an INFJ? I've read that he's an ENFP.

As for the question at hand, I'd say INFP.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Are you saying that Charles Manson is an INFJ? I've read that he's an ENFP.

I thought he's a textbook INFJ gone wrong (?) cuz of the Messiah thing. And possibly or probably David Koresh too (Waco).

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I thought he's a textbook INFJ gone wrong (?) cuz of the Messiah thing. And possibly or probably David Koresh too (Waco).

Well, ENFJ's are the "cult leader" type. If anything, those guys are ENFJs.