User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 39

  1. #11
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Typewise I think NFs tend to have the most hangups with identity, since it's generally an abstract and value-based concept, but some ISFPs and INTs in or near (e5) the image triad can struggle too... Regarding ESFJs... my ESFJ sp-first mother often blazes her own trail confidently... she is no sheep... but she also has less conscious self-definition than others. She doesn't focus on herself much independent of her interactions with others. So when it comes to asking about her "identity"... I think she is quite secure in herself and her values... but has not necessarily attended much to a gestalt conceptualization of who she "is".

  2. #12
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Types that don't find a lot of common ground with society have problems with identity. I'd say INPs are particularly susceptible. They soon realize that what feels natural to them is not well-regarded in the mainstream, yet they wish to be a part of the mainstream. As such they decide to try to fake it and try on different personalities a lot. It's easy to get lost and forget who you are when you spend 90% of your energy just trying to fit in constantly.

  3. #13
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Attachment types.

  4. #14
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    I think.any type has the.chance at having bad identity and it has to with level of healthy more than anything else

  5. #15
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    I would posit that all types have problems with their identities, but that this tends to manifest in different ways.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  6. #16
    Senior Member Emotionalogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    123

    Default

    You're describing fe, so...

    XSFJ
    XNFJ

    I expect XSFJs are most susceptible to becoming religious sheep (not an insult, they call themselves that), while XNFJs are most likely to be the spin doctors running the cults.

  7. #17
    Parody Parrot meowington's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Attachment types.
    This !

    INFJs are equally leaders so wouldn't exactly consider us as thoughtless sheep. (Hitler, Bin Laden and Charles Manson are examples of leaders rather than followers, wouldn't you say ?)
    Dunno...interesting threat.
    When I think of cult members I think of vulnerable idealists and people drawn to mysticism. So INFP makes sense to me @zago

    But like said before : all types could have identity issues. Each sort of crisis being more typical for certain types I guess.

    So let's go

    INFP = cult member
    INFJ = jezus complex
    ESTJ = neo-liberalist sociopath
    ...

  8. #18
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miauwington View Post
    This !

    INFJs are equally leaders so wouldn't exactly consider us as thoughtless sheep. (Hitler, Bin Laden and Charles Manson are examples of leaders rather than followers, wouldn't you say ?)
    Dunno...interesting threat.
    When I think of cult members I think of vulnerable idealists and people drawn to mysticism. So INFP makes sense to me @zago

    But like said before : all types could have identity issues. Each sort of crisis being more typical for certain types I guess.

    So let's go

    INFP = cult member
    INFJ = jezus complex
    ESTJ = neo-liberalist sociopath
    ...
    Are you saying that Charles Manson is an INFJ? I've read that he's an ENFP.

    As for the question at hand, I'd say INFP.

  9. #19
    Parody Parrot meowington's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Are you saying that Charles Manson is an INFJ? I've read that he's an ENFP.
    I thought he's a textbook INFJ gone wrong (?) cuz of the Messiah thing. And possibly or probably David Koresh too (Waco).

  10. #20
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miauwington View Post
    I thought he's a textbook INFJ gone wrong (?) cuz of the Messiah thing. And possibly or probably David Koresh too (Waco).
    Well, ENFJ's are the "cult leader" type. If anything, those guys are ENFJs.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] having problems with an ENFJ
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 06:47 PM
  2. How many of you don't have problems with nightmares?
    By Virtual ghost in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO