User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

  1. #11
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Could finding your type be as simple as choosing the one you think has your favorite functional traits?

    I'm starting to think that all it takes to find your personality type is to just read about the functions and say to yourself, "gee, that one sounds cool, I'll be that one!"

    Thoughts?
    I think alot of people mistype themselves doing this.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If you have "favorite" things, you are probably a Feeler.
    I don't think having favorites makes you a feeler. If your self-typing decision is swayed by what types you personally prefer, that would point to feeling. A thinking type might have type or function descriptions they prefer to be but when typing themselves, are more inclined to go by more objective criteria and the type they end up typing themselves as may not necessarily be their 'favorite' type.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  2. #12
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    ... I don't think having favorites makes you a feeler. If your self-typing decision is swayed by what types you personally prefer, that would point to feeling. A thinking type might have type or function descriptions they prefer to be but when typing themselves, are more inclined to go by more objective criteria and the type they end up typing themselves as may not necessarily be their 'favorite' type.
    Your description agrees with what I said, a lot more than it disagrees with what I said.
    In my opinion, "T" types are not "into" having "favorites".

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If you have "favorite" things, you are probably a Feeler.
    Or probably just exist.

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    @INTJMom

    welcome to society. lol

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Could finding your type be as simple as choosing the one you think has your favorite functional traits?

    I'm starting to think that all it takes to find your personality type is to just read about the functions and say to yourself, "gee, that one sounds cool, I'll be that one!"

    Thoughts?
    Yes, I think a lot of people do this. They often don't realize they're doing it though, so calling them on it isn't always a fruitful endeavour.

  6. #16
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Not for me. Both turned me off at first.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

  7. #17
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Well, I do like my description the best, because I feel that it suits me and explains a great deal. I found out about it, though, through the similar minds test, I think because stumbleupon.com at one point had MBTI as part of the user profile (Need to visit stumbleupon.com again!).

    I think I like the ENTP description a bit better, though. But it doesn't really suit me.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  8. #18
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    If there is just ONE LESSON I have learned from participating in online forums, it is this:
    My opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

  9. #19
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If there is just ONE LESSON I have learned from participating in online forums, it is this:
    My opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
    This is generally true, except when it is mine. My opinion is more valid than anyone else, according to logic.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  10. #20
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Your favorite (the one you're drawn to) might be the one that resonates with you, personally, the most--the one that you identify with.

    Then again, most Ni descriptions make it sound like a superpower, so that might confound the issue.

    So, I suppose as long as the descriptions are fair and accurate...

Similar Threads

  1. Shoud the N types be classified as NP and NJ instead of NF and NT?
    By Cat Brainz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-14-2016, 05:37 PM
  2. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  3. What would your parents type you as?
    By Elfboy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 11:49 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Could Fe in ENTPs be developed to serve as a Judging funcion?
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
  5. Typing women as F and men as T?
    By BerberElla in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO