User Tag List

First 45678 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've never typed as anything but INFJ, a few times that I took the test, I just KNEW I'd come up as INTJ or ISFJ, or something, but it never happened.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Strangely enough, I have noticed that I have exhibited different personalities in different parts of my life.

As a child, I am sure I was ENFP. I was enthusiastic, talkative, jumping from one activity to the next; gushy in my attempts to get attention and positive feedback; unafraid to TOTALLY speak my mind about everything (including screaming to a punk in a department store "WHYYYYYY IS YOUR HAIR GREEN?!?!?!?! To the point where she totally flipped out, turned red, and stormed out of the store); debated about politics even at the age of 8 (my family was politically engaged); totally talking more to my classmates than paying attention in class - usually about fanciful things; pretending to have lots of kids in a class and teaching them things, like how to read; making up weird stories; acting out Star-Wars movies and Rainbow Bright episodes that I made on my own, in addition to pretending to dance like the evil Peculiar Purple Pie Man of Porcupine Peak (Yat-dah-dah-dahdahdah-yat-dahdahdahdah-DAH!) from Strawberry Shortcake (I wonder if they still have those movies); making up my own weird, bizarre stores; going off on tangents; playing by myself for hours on end with my fifty billion made-up friends - well I was so weird that I did not have many REAL friends who could put up with my crazy, abstract, impractical, fanciful notions; HATED sports. My family probably thought I was schizophrenic for the first few years of my life. (j/k)

When I was in high school and college, I tested consistently INTJ, once or twice INTP. My only guess for this strange result was that my tertiary function Te sort of "took over" in an academic environment. In addition, I was so focused on my "work" that I never really concentrated on my social life. So my answers were skewed. Never focused on how I look or appeared. Never went to parties. Straight arrow. Never felt comfortable around other people, primarily because I had nothing to talk about - I was weird, unconventional. Got excellent marks in school (when I liked the teacher). Hated working in groups (those lazy bastids!!!) I was totally arrogant, stubborn, and closed-minded. Elitist, too. Convinced I was right, and everyone else was dead wrong. Did not really care what other people thought about me. Was always the person people came to with problems, though (I guess they felt the hidden NF?!?!) Was the chronic hand-raiser, participator, etc. - but only because I knew it would get me points and good grades. Had goals, and set out to accomplish them at all costs. Total believer in survival of the fittest and might is right philosophy. Good grief, I was a monster!!!

After I moved to Germany, I initially tested INFJ/INFP. I think it was "safe" to let my Fi shine again, I guess. But I still needed to kind of come out of my shell a bit.

After I began teaching and really came into my own, I have consistently tested ENFP. I love working with people - the more I teach, the better I feel; groups are great (I feel almost giddy after eight hours with a group of people); I love socializing with certain groups of people (as long as we have things in common and they do not look at me like I am a crazy idiot); still need my quiet time, though; enthusiastically jump from one hobby to the next (damn it!!!); love to learn - I have an innate curiosity; yes, I just came into my own, I think.

So, yeah, that's my "history." Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP

ISTP was my first test result
    INTP I've gotten a few times
    INFJ or INTJ on the rare occasion

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I usually get INFP, but I got INTP & INFJ before.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    ask

When all is well and I am myself I test as INTJ consistently. When I am stressed, I often test as INTP. I definitely am an INTx. N varies at times but is always in the N zone. J and P are almost interchangeable but I know that J is the more predominant of the 2 and where I am most comfortable.

MBTI
    INFJ

Normally INFJ or ENFJ... I'm guessing I'm on the border of introvert/extravert, despite being fairly quiet in day to day life. I've always been quite convinced of my introversion, but I also struggle with generalized anxiety disorder & major depression episodes. I find I test INFJ when I'm struggling mentally and ENFJ when I'm not anxious. Who knows... both descriptions fit in some way. I've also been testing ENFJ more now that I'm living with my extremely introverted boyfriend & I've switched to a human service career from a management career.

I've tested INTP during college, but I attribute that towards being heavily into an academic major (Physics) where I had to use Ti & also being in the middle of a major depressive episode.

MBTI
    FiSi

INTP (most often), INFJ (a few times), ENFP, INTJ.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Wow. So many of you are all over the place when you test. It's like Ivy came in here and exploded.

I've always been pretty extreme INTP. Definitely I, really extreme N (you've never known a space case like me), and pretty strong P.

The T-F axis is interesting in me. The way I process things and function is very much NT, no question about that. And I've got that "disconnected F" thing going on, where I usually don't feel much, and when I do, I don't know why I do. I'm clueless about feelings. But I place a high personal value on kindness and compassion, and cruelty and related things really bother me. So on a few tests, I come out a little less T (I may have even gotten INFP on one test, can't recall for sure). But they tend to be some of the lower quality tests, that equate NT with being a heartless prick. I also took that "what type would you prefer to be" test, and it said I want to be an INFP. This is also not true (I like being INTP, wouldn't wanna be otherwise), but again, it was likely the result of the value I place on kindness, and that I really hate hurting anyone.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think I've ever MBTI-tested as anything else... and starting in 1996.

On the cognitive function test, however, I often have INFJ suggested as the runner-up just based on my function use.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Wow. So many of you are all over the place when you test. It's like Ivy came in here and exploded.
    GROSS!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii