User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

by the way, I encourage anyone to imagine (or think of/remember examples of) any process using smartly vs. stupidly.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Your statement on evolution seems hasty. There is a purpose to evolution, and it is survival. And survival is the reward of the environment you're referring to. However, you shouldn't give the tree climber any less credit -- if he has learned it, that was his intellectualism..
    My point was that there is no specific purpose to evolution. It is whatever it takes to survive. It is not internally structured to follow up to a purpose concerning intelligence for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    If you had read my original response, you would have considered that I did not challenge your post on the basis of your typological views. Part of that is simply because typology is quite arbitrary and I don't quite agree with it as a whole; you mention "modern ESFJs" and "modern INTPs" like they are uncontested truth. That isn't true. Viewed on the whole, typology (and to a lesser extent MBTI, a system you believe you've seperated from) is a belief system. There isn't anything about what you say above that can be proven or falsified: What you can do is to observe your surroundings and mold the observations into a concept brought on by the belief -- in this case, the concept is "psychological type" and the belief is that in "typological faculties."..
    Read my long post in the 'MBTI criticism', then we can resume this discussion.

Typology is not arbitrary and the arguments it makes can be refuted with other arguments.

Now we need to talk about how Intuition, Thinking and Introversion have higher propensity for abstract thought than the other three functions. Read my post on MBTI criticism.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Very well, I will not refuse that which you ask. But it is long -- I will read it in the morning after having gotten some sleep.
    Not really.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    1)ESFJ
    2)ESFP
    3)ISFP
    4)ISFJ
    5)ISTJ
    6)ESTP
    7)ESTJ
    8)ISTP
    9)INFP
    10)ENFJ
    11)ENFP
    12)INFJ
    13)ENTJ
    14)ENTP
    15)INTJ
    16)INTP
    lol ESFJ the most primitive type and INTP the most sophisticated type!!?? SUPERIORITY COMPLEX

Who gives a shit?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

You've got to hand it to me, this was a skillful display of trolling. The conclusions of this thread were obviously very narrow and generally trivial. However, it is remarkable how so many participants unduly likened my claims to racism or various suggestions that some types were superior to other types in all morally relevant respects. What I find the most astounding about this discussion is how much attention a brief essay founded on a very parochial set of assumptions with a very circumscribed scope of inquiry received over 140 replies. It's a telling fact that the only way this thread could survive for that long is by virtue of the users' zealous insistence on discussing topics that were at best tangentially connected to mine.

In essence, all of my claims postulated is that certain cognitive dispositions generate tendencies that lead to intellectual activity more than others and inborn temperaments possessing these tendencies have evolved throughout the history of humanity. Because the emphasis is only on tendencies, not intractable personality qualities, my conjectures had absolutely nothing to do with phenomena such as intelligence, connection between typology and intellectual competence, human dignity and the degree of it that each type merits and so on.

Altogether, I'd say Night's early response was the only one that displayed an understanding of my point of view and an accurate assessment thereof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    This line of thought is disappointingly narrow.
    The problem is not so much that it is absurd as many of my antagonists have insinuated, but that it is sterile and therefore does nothing to answer significant questions about human nature, the future of humanity and the relationship between evolution and intelligence. In principle, how can an argument be alleged to be preposterous when it is almost entirely devoid of content?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

You've got to hand it to me, this was a skillful display of trolling. The conclusions of this thread were obviously very narrow and generally trivial. However, it is remarkable how so many participants unduly likened my claims to racism or various suggestions that some types were superior to other types in all morally relevant respects. What I find the most astounding about this discussion is how much attention a brief essay founded on a very parochial set of assumptions with a very circumscribed scope of inquiry received over 140 replies. It's a telling fact that the only way this thread could survive for that long is by virtue of the users' zealous insistence on discussing topics that were at best tangentially connected to mine.

The problem is not so much that it is absurd as many of my antagonists have insinuated, but that it is sterile and therefore does nothing to answer significant questions about human nature, the future of humanity and the relationship between evolution and intelligence. In principle, how can an argument be alleged to be preposterous when it is almost entirely devoid of content?
    I'm just seeing this now but you might be overcomplicating things. It's an Internet forum. People throw out their ideas and thoughts and others respond to them, sometimes taking things off topic. I don't think it's remarkable at all because I've seen much dumber threads go on for much longer.

It is interesting however to wonder why such small numbers of people fall into each of the types, whether or not that has anything to do with evolution, and how the mix will change as time progresses. I would think that INs were not on the top of the pecking order of cavemen and there are some things that have changed. I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or passion however.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It is interesting however to wonder why such small numbers of people fall into each of the types, whether or not that has anything to do with evolution, and how the mix will change as time progresses. I would think that INs were not on the top of the pecking order of cavemen and there are some things that have changed. I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or passion however.
    Again, that's another topic. I wasn't really concerned with the question of why members of one type such as the ISTJ are more common than members of another type such as INTJ and I certainly wasn't concerned with the question of how intelligence or passion influences one's chances of surviving or reproducing. In fact, the terms of "survival" or "reproduction" were mentioned in the OP only once and not even in that context.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You've got to hand it to me, this was a skillful display of trolling.
    It's not so skillful when virtually everyone classifies the thread as moronic.

You have to give some minimal hint for people to pick out, otherwise all you have is a trolling fail.

/pro tip
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The purpose of trolling is to agitate, the reason why people are agitated is beside the point.