User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

It's classifying ESTJs, ESFJs, ESTPs and ESFPs as the Gammas and Deltas and INTPS as the Alphas in his brave new world that reeks of intellectualized bigotry. BlueWing sounds like those old racists going on about "the Negro", how they're inferior and unfit for all sorts of things. It's all a bunch of self serving bullshit designed to inflate his flaccid little ego.

yea, thats what I've been trying to explain to him.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Anyone who believes that ES types aren't able to grasp all the new technology very well has never been to a middle class American school.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Anyone who believes that ES types aren't able to grasp all the new technology very well has never been to a middle class American school.

Lol! Also, 1 word: Myspace.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

X_o

Can we please keep evolution in the scientific/actual/Darwinian sense out of this thread please.

It is hurting my Bio-logical eyes, mind and heart!!!

K

Thnx

-CC
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    X_o

Can we please keep evolution in the scientific/actual/Darwinian sense out of this thread please.

K

Thnx

-CC

Sorry but it is necessary for this reason:

For Bluewing's arguement to have merit it must be proven with empirical evidence that there is a link between cognitive processes (the whole "passionate" vs. "intellectual" thing in Bluewing's OP) with either genetics or the environment.

That is my final stance on this until BW fixes his last post to me so that I can actually respond to it.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    X_o

K

Thnx

-CC
    Not only is it in the first post, but it's in the title of the thread. Heh, that's why this whole thread is rediculous.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I may have misunderstood you. Are you saying a) Individuals who are ES will turn into INs, b) People are born with their type and that due to the menial "brawn jobs" being handed over to robots births of ESs will drop and births of INs, who are better suited to "brain jobs" will increase? c) Having lost their jobs ESs die out leaving the earth to the INs?
    If for any reason ESs cannot cut it in this world anymore as ESs, they will either evolve into species that could cut it, or die out. So, if you cant cut it without being able to do a brain job, than you will either die out or become fit for such a job.

Just like if monkeys were forced to live in the swamp, they'd either learn to swim better or die out.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    It's classifying ESTJs, ESFJs, ESTPs and ESFPs as the Gammas and Deltas and INTPS as the Alphas in his brave new world that reeks of intellectualized bigotry. BlueWing sounds like those old racists going on about "the Negro", how they're inferior and unfit for all sorts of things. It's all a bunch of self serving bullshit designed to inflate his flaccid little ego.
    Could be some good intellectual work ESs could do. But if for whatever reason they'd be forced to do theoretical physics (or anything of the like, perhaps theoretical work involving technology around that level), they'd have to change in order to become more naturally talented at such endeavors. If their survival was truly contingent upon this.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    For Bluewing's arguement to have merit it must be proven with empirical evidence that there is a link between cognitive processes (the whole "passionate" vs. "intellectual" thing in Bluewing's OP) with either genetics or the environment.
    Likely further research in neuroscience shall confirm this. Though much could be said about the brain activity when we are in a passionate state (for instance, brain state after a very exciting event, or a deeply saddening), whereas we would not be able to think straight. This is a case where we are overwhelmed by emotions to an extreme degree. If there is a heavy load of emotions present in our psyche (need not even be this heavy), it'd be a hindrance to thinking clearly. This, has more than likely been proven, and even if it hasnt been, its as close to a truism as it gets. Don't believe me, try solving astrophysics problems right after being shot, or sky diving. And so on.