User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default ENTP and ESFP lying

My 13 year old ESFP sister came home from school and told us that she lied today in her teacher. Her ENFJ friend, who is also her "nemesis", lied to her teacher that when she was 8 years old she went to London for Christmas. So my sister lied that she also went to London for Christmas. When she came home she admitted the lie and confessed that she was guilty of it. When I asked her why did she lie, she answered that she wanted to sound better than her ENFJ friend-enemy.
    I have lied continuously over the years, with changing motives. I have lied mostly to see if people would believe me, I have taken a true story and made it better, I have lied for attention and prestige, I have lied to prove to me that I can get through any lie that I say and I created a fake story that stained the reputation of a snobbish girl that mocked me behind my back.
    My question is if lying is general or if some types are prone to it.
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

Some types are definitely prone to lying. ESTPs in particular. I don't lie that much, but my responses aren't usually verbatim factual (something guardians seem to be obsessed with), so they can easily be perceived as lies unless you decide to get the jist of what I'm saying, rather than taking things at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I have lied continuously over the years, with changing motives. I have lied mostly to see if people would believe me, I have taken a true story and made it better, I have lied for attention and prestige, I have lied to prove to me that I can get through any lie that I say and I created a fake story that stained the reputation of a snobbish girl that mocked me behind my back.
    My question is if lying is general or if some types are prone to it.
    this is soooo much like one ENTP guy I used to be friend with...He lied to see if others would believe him, he took a true story and turned it to a crazy rock'n'roll fairytale, he lied because he was addicted on attention from others, he lied because it was the best technique how to flirt with girl for him...My whole group of friends stopped communicated with him when we all heard 100s versions of the same story over and again. When I first heard his stories I was like...wow what an interesting guy...and then when the stories became more and more unbelievable I just thought...oh what a jerk.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Some PEOPLE are prone to it. Some types are better at it. I, personally, find no 'prestige' in fooling people with lies. I love truth too much. Have I lied? Sure, everyone does, but I just don't do it for the attention or to see if I can get away with it. If someone trusts you, they believe you, where's the challenge? All you do by lying to them for no good reason is make sure they won't believe you next time when you ARE telling the truth. And, not the wisest thing to do if you ever really need to fool them. Bwahaha. Foresight is your friend, people!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

ESFPs can't lie because they don't have fake Fe.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Some PEOPLE are prone to it. Some types are better at it. I, personally, find no 'prestige' in fooling people with lies. I love truth too much. Have I lied? Sure, everyone does, but I just don't do it for the attention or to see if I can get away with it. If someone trusts you, they believe you, where's the challenge? All you do by lying to them for no good reason is make sure they won't believe you next time when you ARE telling the truth. And, not the wisest thing to do if you ever really need to fool them. Bwahaha. Foresight is your friend, people!
    Well if people trust you, then it does not necessarily mean that they will believe your every word. The challenge is when you can make people believe anything. It's like an illusion. When people hear something extraordinary they stand in awe and the challenge is to keep them at bay and not suspect that you are lying. But when I want to get something out of a person, I don't lie at all. I tell the person the exact, literal truth and let him do it for me without any resistance. Also I sometimes lie in such a bad way, that they can tell that I lie. So next time I lie, they think I am telling the truth. Foresight is my best pal.
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    Well if people trust you, then it does not necessarily mean that they will believe your every word. The challenge is when you can make people believe anything. It's like an illusion. When people hear something extraordinary they stand in awe and the challenge is to keep them at bay and not suspect that you are lying. But when I want to get something out of a person, I don't lie at all. I tell the person the exact, literal truth and let him do it for me without any resistance. Also I sometimes lie in such a bad way, that they can tell that I lie. So next time I lie, they think I am telling the truth. Foresight is my best pal.
    I guess I just don't see the point. Unless you're talking about childhood. I used to mess with my sister's head pretty badly by making up some very insane crap and convincing her it was true. ...Like I could tell the future, etc. then proving it. Did the same with her friends too, but that was when I was 12 and younger. These days, I just don't see it as a challenge, and only do it when I see/think the person is begging for it.

Examples of begging for it: control freaks, constant naggers, extremely loud judgmental people, etc. Usually people who would rather hear and believe the lie.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Enneagram
    N/A

Me and my ENFP friend say silly, untruthful things often but they always have an element of truth to it. For example: my friend bumps into me and tells me that she hasn't seen me in 2 weeks, what do I tell her? ....I went to the moon to run some errands. ...If you end up honestly believing me, then you're the idiot. ...I just simply felt like saying that I went to the moon.

....The funny part is that she said that I sounded convincing xDDD

I don't usually lie, but I have a dad who expects things from me that doesn't make sense... so instead of fighting him and telling him that I don't want to go along with his unreasonable expectations I make up a lie ...but that's usually the only time I "honestly" lie since he's being so unfair.
    You are so arbitrary.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    ESFPs can't lie because they don't have fake Fe.
    ha.

Yeah, I've generally found ESFP's to be trustworthy. With the exception of one unhealthy ESFP. But the lies surrounded covering his drug tracks.

Overall, Fi feels guilts and shame when lying.

I suppose your sister felt insecurity in face of the ENFJ, and felt the guilt afterward. She did come forward after all.

The only two people I've ever met to be repeated liars were ExxJ's of some sort. Liars with no remorse. All encompassing lies that couldn't be backed up. It didn't make sense.

I'll exaggerate stories for dramatic effect, but it's always obvious that it's an exaggeration. I feel uncomfortable even telling white lies. Although, there have been times when my ESTJ friend would spin a story from thin air to strangers in a bar, and I'd back her up and add in to it. It just became such a norm for her, I started to think less of it. I also saw it more as a defending action for some reason.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I used to mess with my sister's head pretty badly by making up some very insane crap and convincing her it was true.
    I do this to my sister a lot. Still. Usually I make up trivia. Of course, I give up the game once I think she might believe it. Maybe i'm getting too old for that..not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ha.

Yeah, I've generally found ESFP's to be trustworthy. With the exception of one unhealthy ESFP. But the lies surrounded covering his drug tracks.

Overall, Fi feels guilts and shame when lying.
    I think a lot of people feel guilt and shame when lying. The question is what they do with it.

I suppose your sister felt insecurity in face of the ENFJ, and felt the guilt afterward. She did come forward after all.
    ? My sister is either an ISFJ or an INFJ. Probably an ISFJ. I don't think she uses Ni.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78