• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi Demystified

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Last edited by a moderator:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps you should deal directly with the IFPs in your life who are troubling you, rather than ranting about them on a forum. As you say, reality over fantasy.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
haha I worship that movie. sign of the times for sure. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe I should retitle this "The 'Kick an IFP' Thread".

Where's all the "Abuse the ITP in your life" threads?
Come on, BW, let's be an EOE.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
-wonders if you will run out of words beggining with 'de' or personality traits you have issues with first-

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Blue, if you're hurt, we really don't want to hear you broadcast like this. It's... undignified.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just curious: What prompted you to write this essay? You normally write flawless work; yet your work contains several typographical errors, which leads me to believe that you wrote this out of frustration, anger, or passion.

In spite of this fact, I would like to ask you some questions:

a) Why is maintaining a childlike quality bad? Okay, childish behavior such as Rousseau demonstrated is surely unhealthy. Taken too far, Fi is just as dangerous as any other characteristic driven to extremes.

However, I believe that maintaining a childlike wonder and amazement concerning the world around us and our internal imagination is wonderful!!! I wouldn't give it up for the world! You are surely intelligent and quite capable, but what is all that when you cannot simply pick up a twenty-seven-year-old stuffed animal rabbit that you have had since you were one-year-old and feel the warmth it exudes? In spite of your great intelligence, you would never be able to experience that feeling without some F to balance out the other characteristics! How sad.

b) Why do you believe that Fi would necessarily lead people to negative behavior like the behavior described? You say you de-mystify people's behavior. Just accept people for who they are. Luckily, we have stoic, intelligent people like you who fill a role in society that surely I would never be able to play. Thank you. But if everyone were like you, good gracious! That would be nearly as awful as if everyone were like ME!!! Oh good LORD!!! :shock:

Again, I am not trying to pull straws, make you feel badly, or start an argument. However, I think it would behoove you to look at these characteristics from another angle. What happened to you that you are no longer able to get caught up in mystery from time-to-time like you did as a young boy?

Surely your intellect and your logical capacity does wonders for you and has brought you far. In my opinion, however, a logical, rational mind without a sense of wonder to balance it is just as unhealthy as an imaginary, emotional mind without logic and rationality to curtail it.

I hope you understand what I mean and do not take it personally. Normally, I really admire your work. I do thank you for sharing.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
BW, a child who never grew up is a Kokiri. Everyone knows that.

And yes, they are all I_FPs. Except that one ESTJ prick.

Man Ocarina of Time was awesome. I think I'm gonna play it again.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Blue, if you're hurt, we really don't want to hear you broadcast like this. It's... undignified.
Out of curiosity, what would be considered a dignified way for BW to express himself?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Out of curiosity, what would be considered a dignified way for BW to express himself?

Virtual shrines dedicated to me, of course.
(and money sent to my paypal account)

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
BLUEWING:

I guess we're supposed to take your word for it with the type guesses of Rousseau, Kierkegaard, and St. Augustine.

But I hope that's not what people do when they read what you wrote.

My immediate guess for the Rousseau example would be demonic extraverted feeling, making him an E_TJ, the Kierkegaard example as demonic Fi.(making him an I_TP!)

Important note:
People are very unlikely to engage in bullshitting and obfuscation with thier dominant process, but are much more likely to do so with shadow processes.

On that note, what I can definately conclude about Rousseau from that example is that he had Fe somewhere in the shadow (in other words, he was either a _TJ or _FP type, (See? _TJ and _FP types are not opposites at all!)). I'll repeat, that Rousseau example sounds a lot like demonic extraverted feeling.

I don't even see how the St. Augustine quote relates to the rest of your rant. He stole a freekin apple, get over it. :rolleyes:

On a related note, please stop trying to indirectly defend your views through quotes by prominent introverted intuition types (Nietche, Doesteovsky (maybe)). You put thier names to shame.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Perhaps just being honest and not coating it in Jungian theory and other people's words would be a start.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have we asked bluewing a question that he could answer with fact, or o we just criticize him ?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bluewing
What do you think about us exercising mob mentality on you ?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
My immediate guess for the Rousseau example would be demonic extraverted feeling, making him an E_TJ, the Kierkegaard example as demonic Fi.(making him an I_TP!)
Why is it that you consistently attempt to type people based on the functions they don't use?

It doesn't really work that way...

That's like trying to find darkmatter by saying 'well nothing else is there...'

Faulty. Sorry.

As to the public: why do any of you (not just people on MBTIc... anywhere) -- and this is a serious question, not rhetorical -- pander those who you diagnose to be seeking attention by acting the role of the natural opposition?

I have been, and still consider myself to be one of the purporters of the negative stance on a number of issues (especially ones which can't be proven one way or another), and rather than ignore me, I'm given exactly what I want.

Or rather, what the people say I want. It's not really what I want, but it seems to be a catch-all one-liner excusing their attack on me. If I'm just seeking attention, or I'm undoubtedly wrong, why even respond?

I'm not defending BW: I didn't read the article, and I don't much care what he's got to say about Fi; By all means, beat the living hell out of him. Who knows? Maybe it'll work this time. Maybe he'll learn. I'm just curious what makes everyone so sure.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, my suspicion is, most of the people who are attacking him, are the very people he's talking about (still didn't read it, I'm just guessing based on what I know of BW and Fi), which means they were owned before they even read it!

I think it just makes them mad. Angry. Angry at being a part of a group of which a blanket insult was issued.

Doesn't make him wrong. Just makes him a jerk: what an Fier would get all up in a tizzy about.