• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a window flier or aisle seater?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Definitely aisle.

Just the legroom would be enough to seal the deal (too tall to ever get comfy in airline seats really).

Not having someone sitting next to you on the aisle side is nice.

Easier to get off the plane once landed. Easier bathroom access.

With the window you only get two real benefits, the view, and a wall to put a pillow against in a vain effort to sleep.

When I was little, those window benefits were way more important to me than they are now.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Window, what with to lean my back against

This. I fractured my spine in '07, & sitting up/still for long periods gets painful (not as bad as it used to, at least). Being able to lean to one side takes the vertical pressure off, somewhat.
Plus the view. Or the choice to NOT have a view if it's a day flight & I'm exhausted. I'd feel like an asshole if I had to ask someone else to close the shade (so I'd probably just suffer with the light). And I hate sleep masks.

As for legroom- I prefer to book the emergency exit row for that. Sometimes with connecting flights that are overbooked, I'll get a surprise free Economy Plus upgrade (more leg room, more recline).

rav3n

Context matters. If for pleasure, going somewhere different with a partner, window. If for business, particularly somewhere familiar, aisle so I can get the hell off the boring plane faster and not have to wait for the bumblers and fumblers.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Short flight: Aisle
Long light: Window seat for the side-lean head rest for sleeping

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I prefer the window seat as I like to look out the window frequently. It gives me something to do during the long flight.

Next choice is the aisle seat. It makes it easier to get out of your seat and a little more stretch room.

The worst is the middle seat with people on both sides. I feel hemmed in.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
window for sure. i have to keep my eye out for this guy.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Window - what gets me through my flights (I fly back and forth between the west coast and east coast once or twice a year) is watching the world from above while listening to music. Also seeing the clouds from a different perspective is awesome. I like to think it's like visiting Antarctica because they almost look like snow. And sometimes I like to think this is really where heaven is, and we just can't see all the angels. I like to think that somewhere along the flight I pass my Nana and she sees me. :)

/done being cheesy

But really, window seats are awesome. Looking outside keeps me entertained for a majority of the plane ride. I always bring my video games just in case, but I never end up playing them because I'm so captivated by our planet's natural beauty.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aisle. Always. I don't like being hemmed in. Also there is more room.

I have travelled a lot.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Window. I like to roll into a ball against it and sleep. If it's a shorter flight, I don't care, however.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Window. I like to sleep against the wall, especially on long flights. I have rather short legs, and most of my flights are only 2 hours so bathroom isn't usually a problem.