User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I do have a core fear of what will break loose if I stop inhibiting myself.
    I have the same fear, and I have discovered what I am afaid of: I have a high response to stimulae which others find overwhelming, so I have learnt to inhibit myself, just as you do.

So I am looking for safe and social ways of enjoying my high response.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Of course this is the propaganda: these categories are here to help us discover ourselves, to understand others, and form harmonious relationships.

And the first mistake an amateur propagandist makes is to believe their own propaganda.

And this is the mistake we make here.
    I'm extremely cynical, but that statement even bothers me a bit; who would use this faulty, obscure, and incomplete system to actually take advantage of others outside of ego-boosting? You act as if everything about a person is contained within a simple string of numbers, wings, and letters and that classifying them will only serve to divide the gap farther. If anything, 16 MBTI, 9 different enneagram numbers with 27 tritypes and countless other stackings and sub-tritypes, 32 SLOAN types, and 16 Socionics Types, which if you only calculate those numbers even without the various subtypes, stackings, and other personality tests (just the multiplication of these 5 numbers) leads to 1,990,656 different combinations. Now if we were to go through ever personality test made in existence and all of their subtypes that number would surely pass the 7 billion people that live on this Earth today.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Of course this is the propaganda: these categories are here to help us discover ourselves, to understand others, and form harmonious relationships.

And the first mistake an amateur propagandist makes is to believe their own propaganda.

And this is the mistake we make here.
    who are these propagandists? what do they gain?

sure, people can abuse MBTI, like anything, for manipulation, ego stroking, belittling others, whatever they'd like. whatever they need.
    those who want to control others will find a way to do so. those who want to better understand themselves and others will also find a way to do so.

i think the locus of control lies within the individual user, not the system or its designers.

i, for one, do not wish to control anyone. i do wish to control myself, and MBTI has helped me to recognize weaknesses and strengths within myself to help me do so.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    who would use this faulty, obscure, and incomplete system to actually take advantage of others?
    Well, the USA military uses mbti to take advantage of recruits.

And mbti was invented to induct women into the USA war machine in WW II.

And USA business uses mbti to take advantage of employees.

Socionics
    ILI

Well, the USA military uses mbti to take advantage of recruits.

And mbti was invented to induct women into the USA war machine in WW II.

And USA business uses mbti to take advantage of employees.
    You have a very valid point, and I acknowledge the second point, but in modern times, the USA has become a corporation, if it has employees, it can do whatever they want with them because the government pays them. Corporations do it all of the time, but then again, people are hired by them to do what they ask.

Our government is definitely a tyrannical system, but they technically do possess the right to use MBTI to organize their employees who actually volunteered/applied (this excludes military drafts, which I highly doubt will happen again) to do work for the government. When the government starts applying this system to the public, then I will join you in condemning those who use it, until then, it's not harming anything. Welcome to Federal Capitalism. (bitterly says the free-communist)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    who are these propagandists? what do they gain?
    Edward Bernays was an American propagandist. He was one of the most important Americans of the 20th century, yet you never learn about him in class.

Edward Bernays wrote the book called Propaganda and he was employed by the USA Government and top USA companies to teach them the techniques of mass propaganda.

Edward Bernays was enormously successful and gave mass control to the USA Government and USA business and enriched himself.

But of course the myth is that America is the land of the brave and the home of the free, and not the land of mass propaganda - heaven fobid!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    C'mon dear Honor, you have the revolutionary lexicographer, Noah Webster, on one shoulder, and the mass propagandist, Edward Bernays, on the other.

Atlas shrugged and the world collapsed, but if you refrain from shrugging, America will remain safe for the brave and the free.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    oh, hello honoR, it's good to see yoU on this Nice thread, WHat are your opInions on this LovEly thread. YOU should definitely voiCe AN opinion.
    (capitals)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

C'mon dear Honor, you have the revolutionary lexicographer, Noah Webster, on one shoulder, and the mass propagandist, Edward Bernays, on the other.

Atlas shrugged and the world collapsed, but if you refrain from shrugging, America will remain safe for the brave and the free.
    Haha ok ok, I'll tell you what I think. Hold on.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.