User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

i've been playing main healers for like forever. cleric, priest, monk, you name it. it's like a calling though my first character in guild wars was a ranger just because the monks were pretty ugly in the first game (i switched to monk in factions). and i didn't even have the heart to switch my first pet to something cooler looking like a tiger or something...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow lucibelle, we're the same MBTI type and have quite different likes/dislikes in WoW!

My favorite classes (combining lore & gameplay) are: Balance Druid, Frost Mage, Shaman, and Priest (both Holy & Shadow).

It has taken me awhile to realize it, but I've decided that I greatly prefer laid-back, "peaceful" classes & races to the war-oriented militaristic ones. For me, seeing my character get arrogantly ordered around and treated as a tool of war in the quest text (regardless of his race/class's philosphy), even in a major combat zone, detracts greatly from WoW's lore enjoyment value. I much prefer quests that involve helping the NPCs out & fighting the forces of evil, rather than going on military missions.

That is one of the many reasons why I prefer caster classes over melee. I mean just think about it, the entire goal of Warriors & Paladins is to become a physically fit, proud soldier of their faction that delights in war & conquest & exhibits ESTJ traits.

And quite honestly, the DK intro questline scares the crap out of me. I like how Shadow Priests have dark, yet compassionate personalities.

As for Alliance vs Horde, it's such a tough call, and I strongly feel that WoW would be better if they weren't enemies. The Alliance has a lot of really memorable quests involving lore in the old world (Elwynn Forest, Darkshore & Theramore have a soft spot in my heart), but IMO, I'm not a HUGE fan of any of their races except for Night Elves. Horde on the other hand I really like quite a few of their races, but unless you don't mind doing a lot of simple, repetitive grinding quests, you won't really appreciate the faction's lore (I really like the lore behind their Shamans though!)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by lucibelle View Post
    Eh, in general I prefer the Horde, by far, even though the above might have you think otherwise. They are way more sympathetic.
    What, Orcs & Blood Elves are sympathetic? I don't think so. :rolli:
    INFP | 4w5 | Phlegmatic-Melancholic

MBTI
    I__P
    Enneagram
    4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by JFrombaugh View Post
    Wow lucibelle, we're the same MBTI type and have quite different likes/dislikes in WoW!
    Well, I'm not the most typical INFP out there

That is one of the many reasons why I prefer caster classes over melee. I mean just think about it, the entire goal of Warriors & Paladins is to become a physically fit, proud soldier of their faction that delights in war & conquest & exhibits ESTJ traits.
    I prefer roleplaying characters that are more on their own side than their faction's. Most of all I love insane characters, or some otherwise odd ones.

And quite honestly, the DK intro questline scares the crap out of me.
    That sounds really alien to me. For some reason I'm not really disturbed by anything.

As for Alliance vs Horde, it's such a tough call, and I strongly feel that WoW would be better if they weren't enemies.
    Agreed.

The Alliance has a lot of really memorable quests involving lore in the old world (Elwynn Forest, Darkshore & Theramore have a soft spot in my heart), but IMO, I'm not a HUGE fan of any of their races except for Night Elves. Horde on the other hand I really like quite a few of their races, but unless you don't mind doing a lot of simple, repetitive grinding quests, you won't really appreciate the faction's lore
    I agree that Alliance has more interesting quests in general, which is a shame

Aaand, inspired by you saying how you like night elves, I made another list, of my prefered races:

1. Forsaken
    2. Trolls
    3. Orcs
    4. Blood elves
    5. Humans
    6. Worgen
    7. Dwarves
    8. Draenei
    9. Gnomes
    10. Goblins
    11. Tauren
    12. Night elves

What, Orcs & Blood Elves are sympathetic? I don't think so. :rolli:
    Blood elves, not so much. They're too arrogant. And elves in general tend to be unsympathetic. (But this is all very subjective I guess )
    But orcs, trolls and taurens sure are sympathetic Taurens are boring, but trolls and orcs are just awesome and adorable.
    Dwarves are the sympathetic race in Alliance + some gnomes are sympathetic.

A shame that bastard Garrosh is going to lead the Horde from now on, he's an idiot and Alliance has its own idiot leader as well - Varian Wrynn. Hate him! But at least he is somewhat interesting, whereas his son was just überboring.
    Always amusing to listen to his racist remarks about orcs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teh annoying/boring.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Hm, I played WoW only for two months because it was so goddamn boring. I couldn't actually decide which class to play because it all got boring. But Druid was maybe most interesting.

Guild Wars I played mostly the Monk in PvP mode, healing all the time In PvE mode my favorites were Ranger and Necromancer I think. No other MMORPG experience.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love casting classes and I like to heal, though I don't always feel especially good at it. The only two classes I've leveled much are a Night Elf Druid and a Troll Shaman. I enjoyed the Druid a lot and she has some features that can't be beat, but I love my Shammy.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

That sounds really alien to me. For some reason I'm not really disturbed by anything.
    Even though I knew the DKs were going to break free from the Lich King, I still found some of the quests quite painful to play. Here's a really well-written article about it: WoW: Is Blizzard Promoting Virtual Torture and Murder with the Deathknight Hero Class? | Wolfshead Online

Blood elves, not so much. They're too arrogant. And elves in general tend to be unsympathetic. (But this is all very subjective I guess )
    But orcs, trolls and taurens sure are sympathetic Taurens are boring, but trolls and orcs are just awesome and adorable.
    Dwarves are the sympathetic race in Alliance + some gnomes are sympathetic.
    I actually thought Dwarves were one of the ruder races in the game (their jokes are annoying, too). The Tauren are indeed pretty sympathetic, and I agree that the Trolls are a really cool race too!

Have you ever played a Dreneai? They're a very unique & interesting race, they seem to be more on their own side than the Alliance's, and they are very sympathetic, if a bit bossy at times.

Alliance has its own idiot leader as well - Varian Wrynn. Hate him!
    Couldn't agree more. I really have a soft spot for Jaina Proudmoore though, she's really peaceful & sympathetic. Okay, I need to stop taking that word out of your mouth!

On a related note, how can the Alliance races criticize the Horde races (usually the orcs) for being savage & warlike, yet no one except for Jaina bats an eyelid when the Humans are?

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I love casting classes and I like to heal, though I don't always feel especially good at it. The only two classes I've leveled much are a Night Elf Druid and a Troll Shaman. I enjoyed the Druid a lot and she has some features that can't be beat, but I love my Shammy.
    Balance Druids (aka Moonkins) are awesome! Well worth the effort required to level them up at first. They actually exceeded my expectations (many others in my guild felt the same way). They're kind of like Frost & Fire Mages in that they don't do THAT much DPS, but all of their spells & abilities are just really "cool" & "useful".
    INFP | 4w5 | Phlegmatic-Melancholic
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    7. Warrior: ESTP, ISTP, ESTJ, ISTJ
    I have 5 level 80's, none of which are a warrior

For the past 4 years I have been a Holy/Disc priest as my main. VERY recently I tried tanking on my Druid for the first time, and LOVED it. So I'm a Feral Druid now.

Other 80's are Warlock, Hunter, Shaman. I had a rogue, but I hated it so bad that I transferred it to my significant other's account.

In MMO's I've always tended to play support roles. I like healing, buffing, etc. (I've played EQ, FFXI, CoH)
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I'm ENFP and I HATE supporting classes.
    I always play the colorful class that has a lot of sexy attacks. xD
    I prefer 1 vs 1 tough :O

I never played WoW tough =(

MBTI
    I__P
    Enneagram
    4 sp

Ok, got back to playing WoW. Been fun so far.

I wonder if any of you ever roleplay?
    Tried to type some of my characters
    These are just stupid guesses, and very superficial.

sex race & class - alignment - MTBI - enneagram
    male blood elf warlock - chaotic neutral, possibly chaotic evil - ES_P - 7
    female undead warrior - chaotic good, possibly chaotic neutral - E_FP - 7
    male human paladin - neutral good - _SFP - 4
    female night elf priest - lawful evil - I__J - 6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teh annoying/boring.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

INTP and have been obsessed with mage class since I discovered it decades ago. Always have been my main but I always can't resist the potential possibility of the rest.

I don't know how it connects to personality but I do know that if these were real occupations, I would pleasingly choose the complex arts of elemental magic, sorcery and curses.