User Tag List

First 34567 Last

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    World of Warcraft (ranked in order of interest?)
    1. Warrior
    2. Hunter
    3. Paladin
    4. Druid
    5. Rogues
    6. Priests
    7. Shamans
    8. Warlocks
    9. Mages

In terms of play, I think the things that are most important to me class-wise are:
    1. Autonomous (i.e., solo well?)
    2. Versatile (wide-range of skills that can cover most situations?)
    I'm an avid gamer (I work as a game developer), but I could never get into MMOs that much, even though I've tried. I think it's primarily because they require so much interaction with those pesky humans (I'm just not into online interaction - I don't IRC, and I very seldom read or post on forums). Also, most of the more well-designed MMOs are in the medieval/fantasy genre, and that genre just doesn't appeal to me much.

The only MMO I ever got into was WoW, and that was only for a couple months, after which I was completely burned out on it. When I did play WoW, I tried a warrior first, then a hunter (which I noticed are the first two on Jen's list). I enjoyed the hunter the most, just because I like having a pet that draws agro while I can hammer on the mob. There's still a dormant account with a level 45 female dwarf hunter named Toonia on the Thrall server. Like Jen, I really preferred something that I could play solo.

In general, I find that the character/vehicle/whatever that I choose in a game is more of an alter-ego, and doesn't reflect my IRL personality much. I prefer offensive capabilities over defensive, and capabilities that are rather simple and blunt so I can tear through things quickly. In racing games, I opt for the vehicle with high top speed but low acceleration and handling, which means it's harder to stay on the road and there's a high penalty for collisions, but if you can avoid that you really fly past the competition.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I've played a rogue for three years, only other class I played was a warlock, but only to level 32, so I'm not sure if I could count that.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

On WoW, I started off playing a Gnome Rogue, which was okay (but adorable!), then moved onto a Shaman which I enjoyed much, much more.

I love their versatility (so whatever I feel like doing, I can). And she was a Troll, which are just awesome.

Otherwise, in other games, I always seem to end up as a mage or other spellcaster, or paladin if I get bored of being totally incapable of doing anything without a tank helping me...
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I haven't played WoW, but on FFXI I preferred Warrior and on EQ I preferred Monk. Basically I like a class that is melee oriented, versatile and has a good balance of abilities.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm...*ponders* The paladin is the class I'd be least likely to play.

My WoW char (first) is a level 60 subtlety rogue, who RPwise, I play as chaotic neutral.

And I find it to be great fun as well. Don't get stepped on by Fel Reavers too much either.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

In Guild Wars I pfefer professions in this order:

Elementalist
    Monk
    Ranger
    Dervish
    Ritualist
    Necromancer
    Paragon
    Warrior
    Mesmer
    Assasin

In role playing I usually prefer Druid or Mage.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

(note: I'm a bit sleepy so I'm replying before readin the whole thread, I'll do that later)...

I have not played WoW or Guildwars beyond trying WoW at a friends house once, but I did play EQ and EQ2 for quite a few years. Here are the race/classes I played in several for reference points (which seem to line up well with your hypothesis). Overall I prefer to play a healer type and like druids for their versatility and druids, mages and necromancers are the easist to "get into character" for me.

EverQuest
    Main - Gnome Mage (lvl 66) - Relativly fun to play and easy to solo with.
    Alt - Iksar Shaman (lvl 50 something) - My favorite EQ1 character
    Alt - Halfling Druid (lvl 50 something) - made as a joke, but fun to play
    Alt - Halfling Ranger (lvl 50 something) - nice diversion, but I suck at playing mele types. (if you see me in a MMOG and I'm playing a fighter type, for your own good, do not invite me to your group - unless you enjoy total party wipeouts and corpse runs )
    Alt - Gnome Enchanter (lvl 50 something) - Mwuhahaha! fun but very hard to play
    Alt - Gnome Cleric (lvl 50 something) - boring to play, but easy to get groups.
    Alt - Gnome Necromancer (lvl 50 something) - good balance of chalenge and fun

Everquest 2
    Main - Ratonga Druid (lvl 50 something) - Evil but merciful druid. fun to roleplay
    Alt - Gnome Conjuror (lvl 50 something) - Started as my main, but found I liked the druid better.
    Alt - Fae Necromancer (lvl 30 something) - Also fun to roleplay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I severely doubt that there’s a large-scale correlation between class and MBTI type. Every study that I’ve found seems to connect such correlations to age, gender, and other sociological factors first and foremost and in terms of personal anecdote, I first sided with the Warrior class due to certain logical reasons:
    1) It appeared to be relatively simple to learn for those who are new to the game
    2) It seemed to allow an easy ability to solo play and since I would lack friends as a beginner, this was desirable
    Both have to do more with my skill level than with my MBTI type.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    Main - Ratonga Druid (lvl 50 something) - Evil but merciful druid. fun to roleplay
    I like the little squeaky noises they make when they jump. (But I'm easily amused.)

Here, I'll change my WoW favorite class list order too, since it's outdated:

1. Druid
    2. Paladin
    3. Warrior
    4. Rogues
    5. Hunter
    6. Priests
    7. Shamans
    8. Mages
    9. Warlocks

I don't remember if I posted the link to Nick's site earlier in this thread, but here it is again: Daedalus Project (Psych Surveys/Coverage of MMO Demographics, etc)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft