User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Somewhat off topic but I wonder how do our preferences for love languages form? Is there something in your (anybody) childhood that you associate with your love language?
    Now, this is a good question. I think my family is more Quality Time than Words of Affirmation, so I've always felt a lack of verbal affection. I think that's how I became a Words person. I have no clue about Physical Touch.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Mine are Words of Affirmation and Quality time (followed by Gifts, Acts of Service and Physical Touch)... his are Physical Touch and Quality Time (followed by Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation and Gifts). One of our problems was that I wasn't as physically affectionate as he was, and it made him feel physically unwanted... even though I thought he was the hottest guy at our high school (but shhh, don't tell him that... ).

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

See me for who I am and hug me. Id be ok.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Somewhat off topic but I wonder how do our preferences for love languages form? Is there something in your (anybody) childhood that you associate with your love language?
    Yeah, me too. It's not really seeming so far like any one type has a specific preference.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm not sure. Ask one of my exes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Now, this is a good question. I think my family is more Quality Time than Words of Affirmation, so I've always felt a lack of verbal affection. I think that's how I became a Words person. I have no clue about Physical Touch.
    I think some people do well with that. For me, one of my dad's top ones is Quality Time, and mine is Quality Time, but one of my mom's lowest is Quality Time, and hers is Acts of Service which is my next-to-lowest. :/ I also need Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch sometimes, but my family has mostly been Acts of Service-oriented since it's my mom's, and it's also one of the higher ones for my dad. And my brother is Words of Affirmation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Touch, then Acts of Service. Just read the book a week or 2 ago. I am very touchy with my children and wife but social convention (or my perception of it anyhow) prevents me from expressing that to anyone else. I sort've wonder if that's how/why I generally am emotionally detached from most people and situations. Someone giving me a pat on the back or a manly nudge often elicit a strong unexpected emotional impulse (usually met with a limp shoulder from me but the message gets to me).
    That makes sense. I've heard from others who have Touch as a top one are really selective about people who touch them.-- They only enjoy when trusted family and friends touch them because it's really special to them and they don't want to give/receive that to or from just anyone.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

In some cases, sure. Quality time (#2) and Acts of Service (#4) are directly related to my childhood experiences, both in one being high up and the other being lower down. Money was tight growing up, so I was always extremely aware of the cost of gifts (#5) and the sacrifice they entail.

Physical touch being on top is more complicated. I shared some of that in that INFP thread I made a couple of weeks ago.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by autumnandtherain View Post
    I think some people do well with that. For me, one of my dad's top ones is Quality Time, and mine is Quality Time, but one of my mom's lowest is Quality Time, and hers is Acts of Service which is my next-to-lowest. :/ I also need Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch sometimes, but my family has mostly been Acts of Service-oriented since it's my mom's, and it's also one of the higher ones for my dad. And my brother is Words of Affirmation.
    Oh wow! Interesting that he's Words because I know very few guys who are Words people.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Oh wow! Interesting that he's Words because I know very few guys who are Words people.
    And who can blame them? I am struck dumb by Honor whereas I would by honoured to speak to Honour.

Oh the horror of Honor.