Enneagram
    5 sx

INFP. words, time, touch.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Huh. I checked into this once and got words, time, and touch as well.
    I want to say most people probably have a preference for those three but I don't know. My INFP ex-friend scored #1 on gifts and it's totally true, although more in an unhealthy sense because she's totally materialistic now.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I want to say most people probably have a preference for those three but I don't know. My INFP ex-friend scored #1 on gifts and it's totally true, although more in an unhealthy sense because she's totally materialistic now.
    I think gifts may be one of the rarer of the five. I think it may also be one of the more intriguing ones as well, since it can become materialism if you're not careful. I've heard it's more the thought put into it, or that it's a physical reminder of someone's affection, rather than the gift itself. I wouldn't know personally though because gifts is my lowest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'm Physical Touch by far, then Quality Time.

Most people I have talked to IRL have Quality Time fairly high on their list and Gifts fairly low.

I think Gifts is an interesting one. It seems materialistic, but I have to say that when someone give me a really good gift, I'm really impressed, and it can signify a lot. So I understand it on the level of being both an active and clear demonstration of love as well as sort of a little quantum of how well they understand and know you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by autumnandtherain View Post
    I think gifts may be one of the rarer of the five. I think it may also be one of the more intriguing ones as well, since it can become materialism if you're not careful. I've heard it's more the thought put into it, or that it's a physical reminder of someone's affection, rather than the gift itself. I wouldn't know personally though because gifts is my lowest.
    I'm sure every kind of love language could have some sort of negative manifestation. Probably in the form of both receiving AND giving. Gifts as materialism/overspending, acts as expecting favors/bending over backwards to appease someone, not sure about the other 3 though. Words could be constant need of reassurance/being too cheesy?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

I forget now but I know I like acts of service and quality time and touch. Words of affirmation and gifts less so...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I'm Physical Touch by far, then Quality Time.

Most people I have talked to IRL have Quality Time fairly high on their list and Gifts fairly low.

I think Gifts is an interesting one. It seems materialistic, but I have to say that when someone give me a really good gift, I'm really impressed, and it can signify a lot. So I understand it on the level of being both an active and clear demonstration of love as well as sort of a little quantum of how well they understand and know you.
    I know what you mean. I try to give very thoughtful gifts. And sometimes, I have gotten very thoughtful gifts. It can really mean a lot if it's the right gift.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

words and time for me
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Touch is probably the one needed most frequently, but all of them are required occasionally, other than gifts, and maybe acts of service (depending how we're defining it exactly). I can't really rank them because they're all components of a healthy relationship for me. It'd be like trying to rank breakfast vs. lunch vs. dinner. But I get cranky earliest if touch is withheld.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Touch is probably the one needed most frequently, but all of them are required occasionally, other than gifts, and maybe acts of service (depending how we're defining it exactly). I can't really rank them because they're all components of a healthy relationship for me. It'd be like trying to rank breakfast vs. lunch vs. dinner. But I get cranky earliest if touch is withheld.
    You can often tell what love language you are by the way you demonstrate love to others. I am soooo verbal and touchy with people I am affectionate with.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.