User Tag List

First 12

brainheart

88% INFP, 12% INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I liked the last question... Heart of a child or soul of a sage?
    That was hard to answer; people tell me I'm wise, but a truly wise person isn't obstinate, adhering to her values over the truth.
    The struggle of feeling.
    Hmm, really? You see it that way? I would think most INFPs would see those who have the heart of a child as being the truly wise ones, because they haven't allowed themselves to be corrupted by the external world. I think my values are the real truth. It's not obstinacy, but rather a respect for individuals as they are, not expecting them to be something else.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I took this when I was going through my typing crisis and I think I got something like 65% INFJ 35% INFP.

I didn't put too much weight on the test then and I don't now.

I don't see how 17 questions is enough to provide an accurate indication of one over the other. It should really be expanded to include more questions. Most of the questions seem designed and phrased to distinguish between the top two functions in either type. There should be more questions to help determine the tertiary and inferior. I would not recommend this test to someone confused about their type. My advice would be to spend a lot of time on in-depth study of the functions and extensive soul searching.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I complained on PerC why I don't like it. It's obviously written by a Fe type (probably NTP) and it paints Fi from a shallow, outsider view, but phrases the answers in "I" terms as if to reflect an INFP's thinking (which it fails to do). It describes very little Ne for INFPs too.

Also, it's filled with a lot of false dichotomies &/or questions with no appealing answer. I tended to pick what I could tell was supposed to be the INFP answer in those cases, but in many, "neither" or "both" was the honest answer.

I do't think this will help with mistyping, especially as the goal of those who write these tests seems to be to identify mistyped INFPs who identify as INFJ. If that is the goal, then it's especially not effective. Who knows what I would've typed had I not known the common biases among people into these theories & how they will likely describe a type & functions.

This same site also has a youtube video where they contrast a supposed INFJ (actress Cary Mulligan) with a supposed INFP (Andrew Garfield). I don't think Garfield is INFP, for one (ENFP, perhaps- he is way too open with his feelings & adapting his sitting to mirror Mulligan is an extroverted thing to do), and the contrast is poorly done because it paints Fe as considerate & selfless & Fi as absorbed & pushing its own values. There are many FPs who are the former & FJs who are the latter...

Their general celebrity typings are okay, with some types overrun with mistypings but others giving an overall good overview of what a type will vibe like. The mistypings seem due to cherry-picking & perhaps poorer grasp of some types.

And it irks me that all of the INxx types except INFPs have it noted that they are "amongst the types with the highest average IQ". Why do INFPs not receive this comment when in every study the type is listed as top 4 with the other INxx types? This bias is tiring to see over & over again.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    xNTJ

I am neither, but it gave me INFJ. I suppose it makes sense, considering it mostly seems to be testing for Fe vs. Fi.

beyondaurora

Just for kicks...59% INFJ | 41% INFP.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

76% INFJ / 24% INFP

Narrow, poorly-phrased test. As beyondaurora said.. just for kicks.

Took their regular personality test on that page, & got INTP.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I complained on PerC why I don't like it. It's obviously written by a Fe type (probably NTP) and it paints Fi from a shallow, outsider view, but phrases the answers in "I" terms as if to reflect an INFP's thinking (which it fails to do). It describes very little Ne for INFPs too.

Also, it's filled with a lot of false dichotomies &/or questions with no appealing answer. I tended to pick what I could tell was supposed to be the INFP answer in those cases, but in many, "neither" or "both" was the honest answer.

I do't think this will help with mistyping, especially as the goal of those who write these tests seems to be to identify mistyped INFPs who identify as INFJ. If that is the goal, then it's especially not effective. Who knows what I would've typed had I not known the common biases among people into these theories & how they will likely describe a type & functions.

This same site also has a youtube video where they contrast a supposed INFJ (actress Cary Mulligan) with a supposed INFP (Andrew Garfield). I don't think Garfield is INFP, for one (ENFP, perhaps- he is way too open with his feelings & adapting his sitting to mirror Mulligan is an extroverted thing to do), and the contrast is poorly done because it paints Fe as considerate & selfless & Fi as absorbed & pushing its own values. There are many FPs who are the former & FJs who are the latter...

Their general celebrity typings are okay, with some types overrun with mistypings but others giving an overall good overview of what a type will vibe like. The mistypings seem due to cherry-picking & perhaps poorer grasp of some types.

And it irks me that all of the INxx types except INFPs have it noted that they are "amongst the types with the highest average IQ". Why do INFPs not receive this comment when in every study the type is listed as top 4 with the other INxx types? This bias is tiring to see over & over again.
    I agree with all of this. I stand by the idea that the central mechanism of Fi is the individual's determination of worth (and ignorance or indifference of what value said object/subject as) which builds into a value system of a wholly different structure and composition to everyone else's. However no tests seem to consider this idea and I think that as well as INFPs mistyping INFJs do also (they observe their own reluctance to violate what they believe without realising that they are merely using societal values of right vs wrong which they have taken to heart). If Fi is distinctively individualist then they shouldn't be able to determine what an Fi user would and wouldn't want or would or wouldn't do.

Celebritytypes and Intuitivetime are in my opinion sites to avoid. A youtube contributor named DaveSuperPowers has involvement in the latter and he himself calls Fi-doms "jerks" and that Fi is simply not expressing what you feel.

I have also been irked by the IQ test score (and an exclamation an INFJ on here once made that INFPs aren't as intellectual) and I have to wonder where they're getting their figures from. Which sites are they using and how do they know the individuals they have received figures from are properly typed? As I have got older however I care less about it - the tests mean little and we have skills in things which the test doesn't cover.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics